Clerks?

tre305

iowa boy, what you said sounds about right in my situation. when i first started i only unloaded for maybe a day or two before i was chosen for data-ac/ecs.

and Jon, my hire date is 6/11/2008 so my seniority date will be next month which i guess is when ill get another raise?

only reason im actually asking this is b/c im tryna hang in there for the long run, even tho im not making THAT money right now i hear you guys all the time saying it'll be worth it when you make it to te top and top rate pay.

so i guess i have a long road ahead of me. unless i move up to a p/t air - friend/t driver
but i really think these guys want me to stay where im at. but hey, i wouldnt mind making more money for all the stuff i do either

ikoi62

The top rate is at the time of the full progression which is determined usually by the supplement. If a FT clerk reaches full progression in 2 years in that classification, they will then get the yearly (now bi-yearly) raises that increases the top rate. According to ikoi62's post he has been in the FT inside job for fours years.

my pay had nothing to do with progression as a clerk.
when i left driving 4 years ago i took a pay cut of $1.25 a hour. and i never stopped receiving annual raises and now bi-yearly.
i wasn't bragging about what i make, where im at clerks are full time ex drivers im sorry i didn't know that some places clerks are pt jobs.

iowa boy

It's 1 dollar more an hour , or the "skilled pay".

You started at $9.50/hr, which is the skilled pay rate. recieved an additional $.50 cents an hour after 90 calender days, somewhere around Aug-Sept... and then the $.35/hr contract raise February 1st.

$10.35/hr.

Sleeve,

I know what you were saying, but your numbers were wrong that why I posted what I did

iowa boy

Sleeve,

Im not trying to be an a-hole, I just didn't know if you realized the mistake and I didn't want to be rude and point it out in front of every one

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sleeve,

Im not trying to be an a-hole, I just didn't know if you realized the mistake and I didn't want to be rude and point it out in front of every one

I honestly think the pay is incorrect though, unless its part of a catch-up for new hires between contracts.

the new contract and language for employees hired AFTER Aug. 1st 2008 has a $1.00 raise after 90 calender days. The clerk in question was not hired AFTER Aug 1st though.

Hired Prior to Aug 1. 2008, it is a $.50 cent raise after 90 days and $.50 after 1 year.

again, Unless it's part of the "catch up", which would throw a wrench into that equation, which is possible. otherwise new-hires after Aug1 2008 would be making more than someone hired on July 31st. That could be my confusion on the issue.

Hourly rates for anyone hired AFTER Aug 1st 2002

Preloader All
Sorter Others
Start $ 9.50 $8.50
Start plus ninety (90) calendar days $10.00 $9.00
Seniority plus one (1) year $10.50 $9.50
Seniority plus two (2) years $11.00 $10.00
Seniority plus three (3) years $11.50 $10.50
Seniority plus four (4) years $12.25 $11.25