Clocking in and out

greenroomgal

Question? I am PT unload and cover driver. On nights I unload, my sup clocks me in and out. Rather he clocks everyone in and out. I never know what my time is. Tonight I went to go tell him I am done and he had already clocked me out? What the heck is this? I asked why they took our time badges and he said some were not clocking in and out properly. Like they would go talk then clock out. Why am I being penalized for other people's mischief? I have never had other people clock in and out for me. It's not fair.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Question? I am PT unload and cover driver. On nights I unload, my sup clocks me in and out. Rather he clocks everyone in and out. I never know what my time is. Tonight I went to go tell him I am done and he had already clocked me out? What the heck is this? I asked why they took our time badges and he said some were not clocking in and out properly. Like they would go talk then clock out. Why am I being penalized for other people's mischief? I have never had other people clock in and out for me. It's not fair.
Talk to your steward. In the meantime, write your start and end times down daily and check that against your paychecks...make sure you are paid for every minute you work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wrong on so many counts. See your union steward (you are a dues paying member aren't you?)

rod

Retired 22 years
A steward is your union rep who will also be one of your co-workers who takes care of Teamster problems between you and the company. After you have been there long enough to get into the Union get to know this person.

upschuck

You can go back 90 days on pay errors, if they continue to do that after you qualified, so keep track of your time. Only do this after you qualify, as they can fire you for anything beforehand

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You will quickly learn this is the UPS way. Peanalize the whole for the acts of few

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our local contract here states you get a badge to punch in and out. Might want to check with your union rep to see if you have same thing. It's illegal for ups not pay for your time worked...no matter 1 day or 30 days or 10,000. I suggest politely bringing this to your management team and your union, together at same time, for witnesses.