Clocking in and out

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by greenroomgal, Jul 1, 2016.

1. greenroomgal

greenroomgal Member

Question? I am PT unload and cover driver. On nights I unload, my sup clocks me in and out. Rather he clocks everyone in and out. I never know what my time is. Tonight I went to go tell him I am done and he had already clocked me out? What the heck is this? I asked why they took our time badges and he said some were not clocking in and out properly. Like they would go talk then clock out. Why am I being penalized for other people's mischief? I have never had other people clock in and out for me. It's not fair.

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Talk to your steward. In the meantime, write your start and end times down daily and check that against your paychecks...make sure you are paid for every minute you work.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. rod

rod retired and happy

Wrong on so many counts. See your union steward (you are a dues paying member aren't you?)

4. greenroomgal

greenroomgal Member

What is a steward? This is only my second week.

5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Nevermind you haven't made book yet. Write down your start and end times. If you tell your sup you're finished, and he already punched you out...ask him to correct it. You should be paid for all time worked.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. greenroomgal

greenroomgal Member

Thank u.

7. rod

rod retired and happy

A steward is your union rep who will also be one of your co-workers who takes care of Teamster problems between you and the company. After you have been there long enough to get into the Union get to know this person.

8. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

You can go back 90 days on pay errors, if they continue to do that after you qualified, so keep track of your time. Only do this after you qualify, as they can fire you for anything beforehand

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

You will quickly learn this is the UPS way. Peanalize the whole for the acts of few

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Article 12 of master agreement. Your regional supplement may have additional information

11. greenroomgal

greenroomgal Member

Qualified???

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You must work 30 days out of 90 in order to be qualified and become eligible to join the union.

13. greenroomgal

greenroomgal Member

Ahhh ok, so basically for 30 days I have to suck everything up?

14. UpstateNYUPSer

No, you show up on time, ready to work, punch in, do the job to the best of your ability, punch out, go home.

15. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Nobody should punch you in and out but you. From day 1. Keep your punch in badge and don't give it up.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

He was never given the badge.

17. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

TTKU, dave.

18. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Down here, we call gals SHE.. But you can do your own thing, Dave.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. Fragile

Fragile Active Member

This sounds pretty illegal to me.

20. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Our local contract here states you get a badge to punch in and out. Might want to check with your union rep to see if you have same thing. It's illegal for ups not pay for your time worked...no matter 1 day or 30 days or 10,000. I suggest politely bringing this to your management team and your union, together at same time, for witnesses.