Close Call Analysis

Integrity

Binge Poster
On September 9, 2013 the topic of the Safety Calendar was Close Calls.

These are near misses.

Do you have a close call or near miss log for your safety committee?

Have you ever been instructed to report all near misses?

If not then go back and read the calendar for that day.

On the calendar it gives the instruction to:

Report close calls to your supervisor/team leader and CHSP committee member.

You do know who your CHSP committee member is, don't you?

Sincerely,
I

Johney

Yea I had a close call/near miss today.......came about 2" from stepping in a big pile of dog ****......can you be any more vague?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
On September 9, 2013 the topic of the Safety Calendar was Close Calls.

These are near misses.

Do you have a close call or near miss log for your safety committee?

Have you ever been instructed to report all near misses?

If not then go back and read the calendar for that day.

On the calendar it gives the instruction to:

Report close calls to your supervisor/team leader and CHSP committee member.

You do know who your CHSP committee member is, don't you?

Sincerely,
I

I don't live in California so we don't have a member of the California Highway State Patrol on our Safety Committees.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I almost opened a warm beer tonight. Luckily, I was able to abort and avoid mishap.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A driver would be an idiot to even think about "calling in a near miss" !! Let alone do it !!

These freaking safety nazis will find any reason to justify their position in UPS management.
Outside of keeping Xerox toner sales up, they produce no valuable business asset to my day or UPS stock !!!! :congrats:

Johney

I know what you mean Heff, every time one of those bean counters walks by my back starts hurting from carrying them.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I know what you mean Heff, every time one of those bean counters walks by my back starts hurting from carrying them.

It's just pathetic.

For over 100 years, this company has produced IMO the safest group of drivers in this country.

That didn't include ACRONYMS !

I didn't have to know how much an average Tier 3 accident costs !

Didn't have to come in 15 minutes early and fill out a workbook like a 1st grader !

Wasn't in a conference call when I sprained my ankle in the dark !

Wasn't sent a message to hydrate and drink water when it's 105 out !!

Can being a safety supervisor even be enjoyable employment !

UPSGUY72

I had a close call today after driving 20 miles back to the building after my last stop most on the highway I proceeded to back my package car into it's parking back at the building at my rear passenger side single rear tire went flat.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had one when I got home tonight. I was dropping off a bus load of extra weight and I didn't see any toilet paper on the roll(yup my wife got me again) so I did a plastic man man and grabbed a roll out of the closet all betta now lol.

whiskers

No I, I do not have a close call or near miss log for my safety committee. Now that I think about it I, I haven't heard a PCM in over 4 months now.

Nope, never been instructed to report all near misses

Go back and read the calendar for that day? Naa, you just told me what it says.

Yes I, I do know who my CHSP committee member is.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I had one when I got home tonight. I was dropping off a bus load of extra weight and I didn't see any toilet paper on the roll(yup my wife got me again) so I did a plastic man man and grabbed a roll out of the closet all betta now lol.
Shame on you for not Pre tripping the bathroom !!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
When I go to confession on Saturday mornings, I tell my priest, forgive me Fadah I almost sinned this week,,,then he gives me 5 Hail Mary.s and tells me to recite the 10 point commentary to him!!
images