Closed Today Due To Snow

Anthonysg0113

I'm off today, but had to go out yesterday to get off "bulk" the manager said. He wouldn't have sent us out himself, but it's all from above what we do. I got Walmart, Target, and Lowes (biggest dumps)off and called him and said man everything else is closed. Made the arduous trip back to the center. I was in my 1100 so it made it through the snow pretty good.

box_beeyotch

I am and I'm pissed off about it. They told us last minute after we were all in ready to work. There's about 2 inches on the ground now, but last year there would be a foot and we still went out. Welcome to UPS where you get effed in the a unprotected with no lube.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am and I'm :censored2: off about it. They told us last minute after we were all in ready to work. There's about 2 inches on the ground now, but last year there would be a foot and we still went out. Welcome to UPS where you get effed in the a unprotected with no lube.
At leastcha got sumtin to beeyotch bout!

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Many of the preloaders in my building didn't come in this morning, only a few of us who could make it in. As far as I've heard a lot of the drivers in my center said they aren't coming.
How much snow do you have?
There's about 2 inches on the ground now, but last year there would be a foot and we still went out.
I hope you're getting more. Can't believe a center would close for two inches. Takes about 15 for us to even hear talk of closing.
If you sheet a time commit stop as EC does that count as late still?
Nope. Will show up in the computer as an EC.

J

jibbs

We were supposed to run. I was one of maybe 5 hourlies to show up, so they cancelled the shift.

Someone mentioned our guarantee and "Oh, you won't get paid for today," the sort manager tried to say on the way out.

I told him I'd be filing a grievance, in front of every PT supe and hourly that showed up. He called it an act of God. I told him this Godly act was forecasted over 24 hours ago, giving him plenty of time to give us notification of a shift change. At that point, another hourly jumped in and said to just use a sick day. I asked the manager if I could, he said yeah, boom, I didn't work and am (allegedly... gonna have to check up on it, though) still getting paid but still feel :censored2:ed.... everybody else, though? Yeah, in my center, they're gonna have to fight for their pay today if they're one of the few who showed up.

J

jibbs

I have no idea why, but I would think KY would treat blizzard-like conditions like any other day.

Just the image of the state I've got in my mind, I guess...

J

jibbs

KY is under a state of emergency

Oh yeah? I had no idea. This storm honestly caught me off-guard. I didn't even know my area was supposed to get a foot until Sunday night, lol.

People in Ohio can hardly drive in bad weather. Hicktuckians are even worst.

I'm confident that humans as a whole are terrible drivers in inclimate weather. Like.... something about snow just makes us all retarded when we get behind the wheel.

I'll be honest, though, I prefer wintry/snowy driving in the city over driving on snowy ass country roads, and Kentucky's probably got a lot of those country roads....

Speaking of Kentucky.... ma:censored2:in' Justified! Love that show! You from Kentucky, Austin? You watch Justified?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I lived on Lake Erie, in Ohio early on in my driving career. I can drive just fine in the snow. Its everyone else that makes it harder than it needs to be.