Clothing information

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Julia, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Julia

Julia New Member

I just got hired at UPS for package handler and I wanted to know what clothes I should wear for the work. I know I need comfortable boots which I already have. I also know that I'm going to get dirty and not to wear anything to nice but what type of clothing should I wear like loose fitting shirts or a little more of a tighter shirt like work out clothes? And what kind of pants ?

2. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

Anything that makes you comfortable, but like you said, nothing to nice. Today I wore shorts, a loose t-shirt and flannel.

3. Dont wear anything,you care about getting ruined.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

a tube top and boy shorts... maybe some yoga pants!! IF... and I say IF, you can pull it off

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

You get real dirty in the hub.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yoga pants should not come in sizes larger than L. Also leggins are not pants.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

yoga pants and a sports bra are perfect for your situation. Welcome to Brown and enjoy the workout.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  8. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

if you can't pull it off.... PLEASE pull it OFF

9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

1st day of kindergarten boys n girls you should wear what your mommy picks out lmfao.

10. undies

undies Active Member

When I was working in the hub, I wore some dickies brand shorts and old t shirts. You'll figure it out after the first day...

11. HBGPreloader

HBGPreloader Active Member

What shift are you working?

I work preload - basically anywhere between 3:00 to 9:00 am.

If the forecast is calling for lows above 40°, I wear shorts and a t-shirt while working.

Anything below that, I'll wear jeans and t-shirt.

Rarely, perhaps when the temps drop into the teens, do I wear long sleeves or anything heavier.

Good socks are very important too.

12. rod

rod retired and happy

Within the first hour at work you will figure it out. Check out what others wear.

13. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Wear whatever's comfortable....and don't wash your work clothes with your regular clothes.....at least I don't.

14. Julia

Julia New Member

I'm going to be working the 4am shift

15. Nostromo

Nostromo Member

Shorts and a tank top or a t shirt should be fine. Good boots and socks and you should be golden

Sent using Morse code

16. Oak

Oak Active Member

What I've read, sleeveless shirts aren't allowed. Also, no holes, no cutoff shorts.

17. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Dress for comfort. What you want to wear will depend on what they end up having you do. If youre loading package cars you're not going to get very cold. If you are unloading trailers you'll want to dress warmer.

18. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

I always wore sweat pants and a pocket t-shirt / worked for me.

19. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Where did you read that? I wear cutoff shorts to work for years and sleevless t-shirts. ..was never told I couldn't.

20. Oak

Oak Active Member

I'll have to find it. Know I have it somewhere. I'm sure it's one of those things that's not enforced unless a sup has a cork somewhere.