center manager go's off on driver in PCM

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If just one driver corrected an unsafe behavior based on what the injured driver said then the center manager made the right call by "embarrassing" him.

We had a driver get injured on Thursday. He was wearing ice cleats and misjudged the step going back in to the pkg car, slipped and fell, catching himself with his right hand. He was wearing a sling yesterday and I heard that he had injured his rotator cuff. The center manager asked him during the PCM to tell us what happened and the driver said if he had just lifted his foot 1/2" higher none of this would have happened so all of the drivers wearing ice cleats were more aware of their footing as a result of what he said.
The irony. Getting injured because you wore something to help avoid getting injured.

bluehdmc

The irony. Getting injured because you wore something to help avoid getting injured.

I used to work in a place where a hard hat was required. Sometimes you'd have to duck to enter a piece of machinery. I don't know how many times I ducked enough to clear my head but not the hard hat. It seemed the pain would go right down your neck.
It's just "body knowledge" you know your head would clear, just like the above driver knew his foot would clear, just wasn't used to wearing the cleats.

PT Car Washer

We'll I'm happy too report everything is aok, like I said before the center manager is a good guy and so is the driver and I'm glad it's water under the bridge. I think they both know there both lucky to still have there jobs. I'm glad we can all learn from both of their mistakes from this situation and hope it doesn't happen again.
Driver has been terminated for unprofessional behavior. Too many customer complaints. Some people are just not cut out for the job. Waiting for panel's decision.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Driver has been terminated for unprofessional behavior. Too many customer complaints. Some people are just not cut out for the job. Waiting for panel's decision.

Are you saying the same driver that caused the wreck is mow going to a panel for a termination due to customer complaints? Or did you just bring up an old thread for some strange reason to tell us about someone else?

PT Car Washer

Are you saying the same driver that caused the wreck is mow going to a panel for a termination due to customer complaints? Or did you just bring up an old thread for some strange reason to tell us about someone else?
I am saying the driver in the original post now has been terminated for customer complaints. Just an update.

L

Lizzzow

No, but you should at least be respectful. Leave the attitude in the truck.
I know. What I meant was, that for what we get paid, you should be able to bite your tongue and have the ability to be nice to all customers even if they are rude and wrong. That being said, I'm sure we all have those certain customers that we would like to get rid of. Just smile and say have a great day.

barnyard

KTM rider
That being said, I'm sure we all have those certain customers that we would like to get rid of. Just smile and say have a great day.

Sometimes, it is best to just not say anything (says the guy that had a concern phoned in because the driver 'used a tone of voice that made me feel stupid.')

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I have never heard of a driver being fired for excessive concerns. I, and any good Steward, would have a great time with the center manager that tried that in my building. Who is to say that some ex girlfriend(or Boyfriend) is not just out there randomly calling in made up stories???

PT Car Washer

I have never heard of a driver being fired for excessive concerns. I, and any good Steward, would have a great time with the center manager that tried that in my building. Who is to say that some ex girlfriend(or Boyfriend) is not just out there randomly calling in made up stories???
I believe the complaints came from business. Must be some validity as he is waiting for the state panel to meet.