CNN coverage by an Ex-UPSer

I know I busted my ass. That's all that counts.
image.jpg
image.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Even a small gif file gets error message so I don't think its a file size problem. Except there is a limit for avatars (50 mb I think).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The part about UPS management badly understaffing the entire network seems to be missing in that report!!

We got an ods message from UPS saying do not speak to the media under any circumstances!! Really? Now your worried about people finding out the truth about how we are treated? Little late now!!

If you don't talk you'll get your turkeys back. We promise. (Fingers crossed behind back)

drewed

Shankman
From the clip not through CNN not knowing any better quotes FedEx GROUND having 99% success rate, these failures for both companies fell on their air products. If ups had a 99% success rate on peak day that's 300k customers we failed to service properly . We don't have numbers here, it could of been as little 10k (I imagine it's somewhe're closer to 100k) but as soon as we put out that press release it became sensationalized. Overall probably the right decision but the media ran with it as soon as they put it out. At the very least we were honest, FedEx seems to ha've been caught putting out for delivery scans on packages that were not even in the faculties that deliver to that area

Sent from my HTC One using BrownCafe mobile app

Overpaid Union Thug

From the clip not through CNN not knowing any better quotes FedEx GROUND having 99% success rate, these failures for both companies fell on their air products. If ups had a 99% success rate on peak day that's 300k customers we failed to service properly . We don't have numbers here, it could of been as little 10k (I imagine it's somewhe're closer to 100k) but as soon as we put out that press release it became sensationalized. Overall probably the right decision but the media ran with it as soon as they put it out. At the very least we were honest, FedEx seems to ha've been caught putting out for delivery scans on packages that were not even in the faculties that deliver to that area

Sent from my HTC One using BrownCafe mobile app

FedEx Ground doesn't even handle express. And you better believe their air and ground numbers were fudged just like ours.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I was always trained the even one service failure was to many. With the millions of pkgs processed during peak a failure rate of 1/2% is an incredible number.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
FedEx Ground doesn't even handle express. And you better believe their air and ground numbers were fudged just like ours.

The real story for the news outlets is how we were instructed to sheet stuff EC when the missed packages were not due to weather but instead sending over 100 stops more than they knew we could physically deliver some days.

Overpaid Union Thug

The real story for the news outlets is how we were instructed to sheet stuff EC when the missed packages were not due to weather but instead sending over 100 stops more than they knew we could physically deliver some days.

I saw a news story where a customer said FedEx had sheeted her package as "Closed" but it was a residential delivery. LOL! Sound familiar?