CNN totally biased AGAINST republicans says contributor. Who knew?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
A kind of first principle we often hear of the founding generation of America is, "no taxation without representation."

Seems to me that if we want to assert our desire upon the "illegal" to be taxed, we should give the "illegal" the right to vote.

If no form of representation is allowed and even prevented, any further complaining about the "illegal" not paying taxes should end immediately. Or you can be honest and proclaim publicly that those founding fathers and their claims were just full of $chitt!
I would just like to assert their deportations.

BrownArmy

Impossible to tell since the Democrats refuse to allow voter ID's and in some places even claim illegals should be allowed to vote despite what the law says. And there doesn't need to be an epidemic yet to need to stop it before it reaches that level.

In your mind, how does that compare with the very real efforts to disenfranchise eligible American citizen voters?

oldngray

nowhere special
In your mind, how does that compare with the very real efforts to disenfranchise eligible American voters?
No comparison. Every eligible voter would still be able to vote. Trying to claim it is a burden to have ID is just an excuse to allow fraud since ID is already required to do almost anything else.

BrownArmy

No comparison. Every eligible voter would still be able to vote. Trying to claim it is a burden to have ID is just an excuse to allow fraud since ID is already required to do almost anything else.

I was thinking more of restricting early voting, Saturday voting, etc. I wasn't talking about an ID burden.

In either case, while you may not need an ID to vote (I haven't needed to produce ID to vote in the four states I've lived in), you most certainly need an ID to register to vote.

Sooo?

realbrown1

In your mind, how does that compare with the very real efforts to disenfranchise eligible American citizen voters?
Disenfranchise how? By requiring and ID to vote. Every country in the world (besides us) requires ID to vote. Are they disenfranchising their voters?

realbrown1

I was thinking more of restricting early voting, Saturday voting, etc. I wasn't talking about an ID burden.

In either case, while you may not need an ID to vote (I haven't needed to produce ID to vote in the four states I've lived in), you most certainly need an ID to register to vote.

Sooo?
Voting is not only a right, but a responsibility. Employers are required by law to allow time to go vote on election day. So how is this disenfranchising anyone? It's not.

bbsam

Staff member
Impossible to tell since the Democrats refuse to allow voter ID's and in some places even claim illegals should be allowed to vote despite what the law says. And there doesn't need to be an epidemic yet to need to stop it before it reaches that level.
Attempts by republicans to prove wide spread voter fraud have proven laughable at best.

BrownArmy

Voting is not only a right, but a responsibility. Employers are required by law to allow time to go vote on election day. So how is this disenfranchising anyone? It's not.

I'm clearly not talking about employers allowing their employees 'time to go vote on election day'.

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

realbrown1

I'm clearly not talking about employers allowing their employees 'time to go vote on election day'.

Are you being obtuse on purpose?
Sure you were talking about that. Why do you feel the need to make voting so freaking easy, that people can do it multiple times before the election?
We should only be able to vote on election day or by absentee ballot.

wkmac

Considering what we always end up with after any given election, I think everyone should be banned from voting!