COD discrepancy

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by rorojo, Sep 15, 2015.

1. rorojo

rorojo Member

How long does UPS have to try to collect COD shortages form a driver?
  2. It usually doesn't take them long to figure it out.
  3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Never, since we do not collect cash.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

How does one have a COD shortage? The DIAD always goes loony when I try and put a COD or brokerage fee in.
  5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Lost checks happen. Or collect a check for wrong amount. Or collect a bad personal check when it was a cashier check/money order only COD.
  6. rod

rod retired and happy

OK-----what did you do and do you really think you can get away with it?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. rorojo

rorojo Member

not sure what happened got cod back in Aug. they say I collected wrong amount. Found the answer in article 10
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you go back to the consignee to try to get a check for the difference?

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not sure why I'm ignoring content from this member?

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The COD discrepancies I have had have primarily been where I have read the numbers quickly and inverted them. I have always gone back to the consignee to have them write a check for the difference. They have always given me :censored2: about not being able to read. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I have had 1 COD shortage in my career. I collected a check for exactly $10. under the amount owed. I went to the business the next day, he wrote me a check for $10, I tried to enter it into the board with the sheet that UPS gave me and it would not go in. That night, when I got to the center, I explained to the center manager and my driver supe what I did and showed them that the check did not show in my end of day.

I wanted to make sure that my butt was covered for when someone said that there was still a discrepancy.

Sure enough, 2 or 3 weeks later, the boss called me into the office to ask about it. I reminded him of the envelope and the fact that I could not scan it and all that. He called security or whomever and that was the last that I heard of it.

The key with a discrepancy is once you do collect it, make sure that a manager sees that it is collected.
  14. rorojo

rorojo Member

Well the contract says the can't collect restitution if they don't notified me within 15 day of the being notified by the consignee, its been 36. Gonna file and hope it sticks.
  15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Bet UPS takes $10 or $20 out of your paycheck until the COD is covered. Sure hope it was not a large amount.
  16. rorojo

rorojo Member

It wasn't its just a matter of principle. Management is acting like I tried to defraud them
  17. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

So tell us the whole story then....
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. werenotthepostoffice

werenotthepostoffice deep down inside I really do not care

Mysteriously I never deliver COD packages........Hmmm,NM-3 everybody!
  19. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I wish we would completely do away with CODs, even though I seldom have any.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The least the company could do is recognize that many of us wear bifocals and program the label software to print the amount in a halfway legible size.