code 05?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok so a few days ago someone on here posted to never code 05 because if you do ups doesn't contribute to your benefits for that's day. This can't be true can it? If this is true I'll be on my coworkers harder than I already am about skipping break.

klein

Für Meno :)
Ok so a few days ago someone on here posted to never code 05 because if you do ups doesn't contribute to your benefits for that's day. This can't be true can it? If this is true I'll be on my coworkers harder than I already am about skipping break.

Code 5, you skipped lunch and expect to get paid for it.
Half the time you don't.

Do it like most of our center drivers did, and hang out for your lunch break after work at the center.

Borderline 9.5

Code 5 to me is time worked, 8 hours is not guaranteed. Your allowed to take a lunch but if you choose not to, it won't be deducted from the hours worked. If you do take a lunch, put it in your board so your time is accounted for.

DS

Fenderbender
So why do they call it hours worked?
Ok ....say you had to go to a funeral...you get permission from the center manager to go code 5,
you can put a 10 minute break in and only this will automatically be deducted.
It is "pay actual"if you work under 8 hrs you revoke your 8 hr guarantee and will
be paid for time worked.Unnastan?

So why bother to work Code 05? If you go over 8 hours they will switch the 05 to 06 and you will have a lunch taken out whether you took one or not.

When you are given a code 5,you have to manually change the code from 6 to 5.
If management changes it back,it is falsifying records,and it's a fireable offence.
I've seen it happen.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok ....say you had to go to a funeral...you get permission from the center manager to go code 5,
you can put a 10 minute break in and only this will automatically be deducted.
It is "pay actual"if you work under 8 hrs you revoke your 8 hr guarantee and will
be paid for time worked.Unnastan?

When you are given a code 5,you have to manually change the code from 6 to 5.
If management changes it back,it is falsifying records,and it's a fireable offence.
I've seen it happen.

You are contradiciting yourself while supporting what I said.

Code 05 is hours worked under 8. If you work 8 or more hours while on Code 05 it will be changed to 06 and you will have a lunch break deducted.

If this wasn't true I would work Code 05 every day.

CAFAL

A code 5 is punch to punch. No 8 hour guarantee. You also have to agree to a code 5,or they have to find work for yoi

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Code 05 is hours worked under 8. If you work 8 or more hours while on Code 05 it will be changed to 06 and you will have a lunch break deducted.

If this wasn't true I would work Code 05 every day.

It is very simple. Under code 05, you get paid for the actual hours worked, period. It doesn't matter if you work over 8 or under 8. It doesn't matter if you take a short lunch or no lunch. There is no automatic deduction of an hour for lunch.

If your wonderful management team is changing it, they are falsifying records.

over9five

Staff member
It is very simple. Under code 05, you get paid for the actual hours worked, period. It doesn't matter if you work over 8 or under 8. It doesn't matter if you take a short lunch or no lunch. There is no automatic deduction of an hour for lunch.

If your wonderful management team is changing it, they are falsifying records.
I agree with that.

During Peak, to make service, we'd Code 5 and be well over 8 with nothing deducted.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The only reason you'd need to code 5 something is if you're skipping your lunch or making deals to get off in under 8 hrs. Doing either in my book is indicative of a runner gunner.

DS

Fenderbender

No I'm not. It would be nice to have the option on some days,but I value my lunch break too much.
Like over said,they used to let us code 5 in order to get us back earlier during peak.
Punch in @ 9AM out @ 8PM and it's 11 hrs pay plus your paid break(s)
Give me an 8.5 planned day with a break and I'm a happy camper.