Code 43 ....

footsnake

WE always have additional time when freight is late, my guess is company reports to Wall Street and investors 99.7 service level. Typical lie's....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Got a question for the board ........Is there some unwritten rule out there about the use of code 43 by stations to lessen the impact of late freight arrivals ??.....At our station the additional time allotted to us to deliver P1s, is always verbally announced and never ever broadcast by dispatch on a Powerpad ...Is this common practice, or is this deliberately kept off airwaves to fly under the radar ??

In most cases you get a delay when freight is late and the sort goes down late as a result. The amount of extra time you get for P1's should equal the number of minutes that the the sort missed the planned code 53 time, not to exceed the number of minutes the freight was late.

If the freight was 20 minutes late and the sort went down 18 minutes late, you get an extra 18 minutes.

If the freight was 20 minutes late and the sort went down 22 minutes late, you get an extra 20 minutes.

The money-back guarantee is still in effect for packages delivered by 1030, but those delivered within the extra minutes don't count against the station's service numbers.

The delay isn't broadcast because couriers tend to slow down and/or throw in standalones.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
In most cases you get a delay when freight is late and the sort goes down late as a result. The amount of extra time you get for P1's should equal the number of minutes that the the sort missed the planned code 53 time, not to exceed the number of minutes the freight was late.

If the freight was 20 minutes late and the sort went down 18 minutes late, you get an extra 18 minutes.

If the freight was 20 minutes late and the sort went down 22 minutes late, you get an extra 20 minutes.

The money-back guarantee is still in effect for packages delivered by 1030, but those delivered within the extra minutes don't count against the station's service numbers.

The delay isn't broadcast because couriers tend to slow down and/or throw in standalones.
At our station we are required to enter the codes, including the 43, into our power pad before leaving the building. Guess we just have a higher class of employee than you are used to managing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Got a question for the board ........Is there some unwritten rule out there about the use of code 43 by stations to lessen the impact of late freight arrivals ??.....At our station the additional time allotted to us to deliver P1s, is always verbally announced and never ever broadcast by dispatch on a Powerpad ...Is this common practice, or is this deliberately kept off airwaves to fly under the radar ??

Code 43 is paid waiting time for an aircraft or CTV. When your CTV or aircraft finally arrives, you go into your designated activity code. The station will establish a sort down time and then provide you the notice you have "extra time". If there is a National Service Disruption, nobody will announce it, but I'll always find out from someone in management that there is one and spread the word. And, yes, we straightline because it only makes sense to do so with the shortened time frame.

DontThrowPackages

code 43 is actually the correct code to use. Telling everyone to go on a lunch isn't.:ignored:

Goldilocks

You need to check out the "Loosing a package as a Fedex currior " thread by Chris Johnson This is the "new" fedex. It's all the same, Late planes, planes that have no pilots due to hours, planes breaking down, Memphis and Indy down sort time slow due to volume or weather, and then you have your new fedex standard of employees like Chris Johnson loosing 2 pkgs who will be the future of Fedex. WOW, we've come a long way baby! Whatever happened to the Golden Package?

When I first started we never had late planes. The customer paid for 1030 commit and by golly it got there by 1030. Customers don't care about any problems Memphis or Indy is faced with and frankly if the planes cant take off on time, everyone involved should be canned. Period. That's how it use to be.

As soon as the west coast scans their last package, Memphis should know our volume for the next morning. They should plan accordingly and start addressing any issues with the Pilots hours, and yes just 2 weeks ago before I left, we had late freight and it was due because they did not have anyone to fly the planes because of hours. That is a pretty sorry excuse.

dezguy

You need to check out the "Loosing a package as a Fedex currior " thread by Chris Johnson This is the "new" fedex. It's all the same, Late planes, planes that have no pilots due to hours, planes breaking down, Memphis and Indy down sort time slow due to volume or weather, and then you have your new fedex standard of employees like Chris Johnson loosing 2 pkgs who will be the future of Fedex. WOW, we've come a long way baby! Whatever happened to the Golden Package?

When I first started we never had late planes. The customer paid for 1030 commit and by golly it got there by 1030. Customers don't care about any problems Memphis or Indy is faced with and frankly if the planes cant take off on time, everyone involved should be canned. Period. That's how it use to be.

As soon as the west coast scans their last package, Memphis should know our volume for the next morning. They should plan accordingly and start addressing any issues with the Pilots hours, and yes just 2 weeks ago before I left, we had late freight and it was due because they did not have anyone to fly the planes because of hours. That is a pretty sorry excuse.
The only "golden package" I know of is the one in my pants. That line of thinking died a long time ago and yes, couriers like Chris Johnson will become the norm.

You get what you pay for and FedEx is reaping EXACTLY what they have sowed. Sure, they'll get a good employee here or there but for what they want to pay people, for the amount of time they want to keep them in the bottom percentile of our wage progression, they will not be getting the cream of the crop.

Sad for a company that wants to pretend they are still all about customer service.

Goldilocks

The only "golden package" I know of is the one in my pants. That line of thinking died a long time ago and yes, couriers like Chris Johnson will become the norm.

You get what you pay for and FedEx is reaping EXACTLY what they have sowed. Sure, they'll get a good employee here or there but for what they want to pay people, for the amount of time they want to keep them in the bottom percentile of our wage progression, they will not be getting the cream of the crop.

Sad for a company that wants to pretend they are still all about customer service.

I thought MT3 was the only one with a "Golden Package"? He showers us with love every month on front line. lol

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

FedEx is built on a foundation of sorry excuses these days. Fred & Co. have a lot to be ashamed and embarrassed about.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)

lobo157

Thanks for the replies .... some were informative .... others not so much .... I agree that managements rational is that communicating this would lead to drivers slowing down or mixing where they found the opportunity to ..It still doesn't make any real sense to me to keep it so hush hush ...Been here 23 years and the fire is now a smoldering ember ....