Code 8s and Dex3s...

FedUpRTD

Typical FedEx! What would get you fired today is perfectly acceptable tomorrow. I have been out of the courier game for quite some now, but I do remember putting a Dex17 on my whole route everyday via a CONS tag per my manager. No lates....ever!

fatboy33

DRA is suppose to plot out routes most efficient. Having to reattempt 3 or 4 stops very far apart reattempts brings down the stops per hour and can tank what was a productive day. Is it about the customer or is it because MEM believes non delivered stops only create extra work/more hours for the next day?

outtatime

Business 08s were a big deal a couple of years ago and everyone was to improve same-day resolution, but no one did, so here we are.
What's the big effin deal if a business is closed? Management constantly harps about productivity, on-road hours blah blah blah; but force us to go all the way back to a business that we know for a FACT is still closed. Talk about wasting time just for a stupid made up metric by Memphis.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
DRA is suppose to plot out routes most efficient. Having to reattempt 3 or 4 stops very far apart reattempts brings down the stops per hour and can tank what was a productive day. Is it about the customer or is it because MEM believes non delivered stops only create extra work/more hours for the next day?
Probably some irate customer threatened to sue the company if they didn't get their reattempt so of course legal gets involved and then they gotta make another one of their stupid blanket policies for everyone in the entire country.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are required to make an attempt on all known closure NDA or NDA SVR. The thought process is someone may be there waiting for that package. The ironic part is that each route has a paid send again threshold (mine is 2) and packages for known closures count against this threshold.

!Retired!

We have been instructed, on days before a long weekend, any businesses that are closed automatically get a DEX17. It's being abused to hell by the newbies because they purposely go to a business during lunch and DEX17 so they can get done earlier and start their long weekend.
If a business is closed before/after a long weekend, we don't take it out and the SAL does the 17 in the station.

You do a DEX 8 on a DEX 3 package isn't falsifying?

Managers do.

Quite often.
And this would justify YOU falsifying? Try explaining THAT on your way out the door.

You do it at your convenience. I wouldn't run back right away.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What's the big effin deal if a business is closed? Management constantly harps about productivity, on-road hours blah blah blah; but force us to go all the way back to a business that we know for a FACT is still closed. Talk about wasting time just for a stupid made up metric by Memphis.

The overall reduction in WDLs due to DEX 08s says otherwise.

McFeely

Huge Member
The overall reduction in WDLs due to DEX 08s says otherwise.

It still blows my mind that the company considers an undelivered package (but attempted) a WDL if the customer is not there to sign for it.

Does an on-time attempted delivery on the commit day qualify for the money-back guarantee?

MAKAVELI

It still blows my mind that the company considers an undelivered package (but attempted) a WDL if the customer is not there to sign for it.

Does an on-time attempted delivery on the commit day qualify for the money-back guarantee?
No but their thinking is FedEx doesn't get paid for the Del until there is a POD.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

No. There are 2 classes of WDL. Excusable (DEX 08, for example) and unexcused (didn't get unloaded from the PUP'ing courier's truck, for example). The latter would be eligible for the refund.