COD's

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
My first week i had a little old japanese lady sign in japanese and couldnt speak english, i called the center (being a rookie) and they laughed at me and hung up, so now every japanese person is hiroshima and every indian is now patel.

Wow, Patels where you are too eh? Someone should warn the government, the Patels are fast on their way to global domination from buying every motel and gas station on the planet.

O

Old Balls

Wow... Patel is the last name of many people working in hotels in this area of the midwest.

dammor

I will not deliver a package that looks damaged. What I have a problem with though is a package you leave at the center to be looked at and get it the next day reboxed and still leaking or sounding like broken glass. It's in a shiny new box, but still damaged. Next day you have a damaged call tag for the package you thought was damaged 2 days ago. Well Duh..If it's damaged don't put it a new box and think the people that open it will be more impressed with the box than the contents.

helenofcalifornia

Y'all are stuck on "Patel's" when the genius idea of info notices in spanish was mentioned. Friggin' brilliant idea!!!!!! In California, we could rip through cases of these. Good for the driver, good for the customer. Are you listening Atlanta????

705red

Browncafe Steward
Y'all are stuck on "Patel's" when the genius idea of info notices in spanish was mentioned. Friggin' brilliant idea!!!!!! In California, we could rip through cases of these. Good for the driver, good for the customer. Are you listening Atlanta????
Hows that good for the driver? I would never fill one of those out! If you want to come here to america like everyone else you must adapt to us, we dont need to adapt to you. If we started this for the hispanics, next would be russian, polish, hell we might as well make notices with guiness drafts on them for the irish to. Before you jump on me my parents are both immigrants and were sponsored by family and friends here in chicago so that they would not be a burden on the us of a. If you dont want to learn the language do me and everyone else a favor and swim back!!!!!!!!

under the radar

A Trained Professional
We are told to never deliver a package that appears to be damaged.

As far as cod's are concerned: I can understand a swing driver being very cautious, but I have learned to relax a bit on this because I know my customers (the good and the bad). I just let them go at it and, up to this point, haven't had a problem.

VTBrown

We are told to never deliver a package that appears to be damaged.

As far as cod's are concerned: I can understand a swing driver being very cautious, but I have learned to relax a bit on this because I know my customers (the good and the bad). I just let them go at it and, up to this point, haven't had a problem.

So set up the cover driver to have to deal with an upset customer because of it?

Do you let them call the shipper while your waiting as well?:lol:

under the radar

A Trained Professional
So set up the cover driver to have to deal with an upset customer because of it?

Do you let them call the shipper while your waiting as well?:lol:
VT,

I'm not setting anyone up. I was a stickler as a swing driver for six years.

I wrote that, "I can understand a swing driver being very cautious..." and I would expect anyone running my area when I'm off to follow the book and cover their rear-end. I can't spend the other 45 weeks of the year making sure my area is sweet for whatever cover driver they put on it when I'm off.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
That would trim my load by at least 30%. :sad:
Funny,

The day after my post on this thread, I pulled two pkgs. out of my load before I took off. One was obviously damaged, the other box (a chandelier) was totally trashed but undamaged and re-boxed by a clerk I can trust for delivery tomorrow.

I would love to have the loader, or mgt. person who told him to load the pkg., to "Brown -Up" and take the chandelier box that was trashed in to the lighting store for me.

govols019

You smell that?
How many of y'all will leave a COD with a customer and come back later to pick up the check?

We have a few that will do it. That's just begging for something to go wrong so you can save a couple of minutes.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
How many of y'all will leave a COD with a customer and come back later to pick up the check?

We have one guy who does it in my centre, but only does it at 1 buisness where he has a scheduled p/u in the afternoon, since it takes some time for them to print out checks and can't afford to wait in the midst of his morning air trace. I see no harm in doing it this way.

govols019

You smell that?
What happens when he gets back to do his pickup and the building has burned down along with the unpaid for COD?

Happened to one guy in our center.

DS

Fenderbender

We have a few that will do it. That's just begging for something to go wrong so you can save a couple of minutes.
Who hasn't made that mistake once too often....

BigBrownSanta

When I first started my current route about 3 years ago, I had a guy who would get 4-5 cod's "money order only" every day.

After a couple of days of not having the money orders, he asked me to call him (like the other driver did) before I arrived so he could run to get the money orders.

I told him my phone doesn't work for UPS. :laugh:

Well, after a few months, he started getting his stuff "check ok".

He now gets very few if any cods.

I also found out the "other driver" was the fedex ground guy. :wink: