COLA

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Was told by a savvy business agent years ago that even though a COLA was included in the current contract you would hope that you would never receive one. The parameters that would have to be met to receive the COLA are set way to high to hope to re coop the lost buying power in any COLA increase.
One of the proposals at the last union meeting would be to change the current CPI benchmark to the one used by the SSI to more accurately reflect the level of inflation.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What do you mean? Its hard to tell since your a smartass all the time. If you get a COLA your purchasing power has already been lessened by inflation. By not getting a COLA your dollar is still relatively worth the same.

I figured that was what you meant but there is 2 different ways to interpret your statement.
Now that you have more effectively communicated your intent, we can all agree with you.

And thanks for recognizing my smartassness, it is a lifelong goal of mine and is reflected in my BC name - Hoaxster.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Was told by a savvy business agent years ago that even though a COLA was included in the current contract you would hope that you would never receive one. The parameters that would have to be met to receive the COLA are set way to high to hope to re coop the lost buying power in any COLA increase.
One of the proposals at the last union meeting would be to change the current CPI benchmark to the one used by the SSI to more accurately reflect the level of inflation.

I remember last year that the COLA index was only ~3.8 while the actual was more around 11% so you are dead-on with your post.