COLA

davburke

I only remember getting it once, usually goes into H&W if we get anything. Don't expect getting it.
Oh ok. I was thinking it was something like adjusted hourly rate according to the cost of living in that area. Kinda like raising hourly rate to an hourly who transferred to somewhere like LA.

upschuck

Oh ok. I was thinking it was something like adjusted hourly rate according to the cost of living in that area. Kinda like raising hourly rate to an hourly who transferred to somewhere like LA.
Gov't puts that number out, and if it is over ####, then we get an adjustment, we got a 12¢/hr one year, but that was a long time ago.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
How exactly does COLA (cost living adjustments) work?

• It only applies to those who have finished their wage progression. If you are still in progression, it will be added on to the rate you get at the end of your progression.
  • It's based on yearly changes of a statistic published by the government (the CPI-W). There has to be a big enough increase to trigger a 5¢ raise before it will be awarded.
  • I believe most it was most recently awarded in 2006 & 2011, for 12¢ each time.
See Article 33 in the National Contract

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I gave up pop years ago. It's very unhealthily.
As did I. Nothing but the classics for me!

th

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I like Katy's kitty!
I would never turn down an offer for Katy's kitty.
My wife took my daughter to her concert and my wife said tripping on acid would have been a milder experience...I guess it was crazy wild... But I have to agree Katy has a Rocking body...have you seen her video of Friday night... Has Kenny g, and Tiffany in it along with some other 80s has-beens... Pretty funny and Katy is looking sexy hot in it

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My wife took my daughter to her concert and my wife said tripping on acid would have been a milder experience...I guess it was crazy wild... But I have to agree Katy has a Rocking body...have you seen her video of Friday night... Has Kenny g, and Tiffany in it along with some other 80s has-beens... Pretty funny and Katy is looking sexy hot in it
I'll check it out.

Swing