Cold out there

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All the more reason for me to stay in California. The economy is bouncing back, real estate coming back up, and unemployment going down. I don't need to clear 2k a week to be happy here. Would be nice but not necessary.
I figured you'd need more in California. Lol

The one state I would not choose over my home state of Illinois.

Oak

Just came in off of local sort. Inside building temp was 31°friend at the beginning of the shift, 47°friend at the end. Today was one of those days I was glad I was not out on a route.

MAKAVELI

I figured you'd need more in California. Lol

The one state I would not choose over my home state of Illinois.
Depends on where you live, your family situation and what you decide is necessary to be happy. I could be just getting by and be happy in California vs being absolutely miserable in the Midwest with the same circumstances. It's just a completely different way of life out here. Must be all this sunshine melting my brain.;)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We've had wind chills in the -20 to -30 range for a few days now. center manager told us to wear what we needed to stay warm. I asked him if I could leave the truck running all day and he was not amused.
We've been doing that here, nobody says a word to us. Of course not every driver leaves the truck running but quite a few do. Makes working in this crap a little more bearable.

reydluap

-11 degrees right now with a - 30 wind chill here in the southern part of Iowa. I've just finished my shift here at 11:30pm. There are diesel package cars idling everywhere around the parking lot. Just another evening here in paradise!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Had a different POS yesterday. That truck never did warm up. Never have I felt so cold. Thinking of doing the call that does it all today. The extreme cold wreaks havoc on my knees.

oldngray

nowhere special
4-funny-cold-weather-quotes.jpg

Future

Victory Ride
California-Mega-Earthquake-Warning-12.jpg
You can keep the sub zero temps, I'll keep the beautiful weather, women, and scenery. Even if I have to deal with the high cost of living and nut jobs.;)
Hmmm....put on some extra cloths or move to sunny cally........I think i will go with a extra shirt!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I'm in the truck sorting or getting packages the truck will be idling today. I may turn it off for a little while on lunch but it's gonna idle a good part of lunch.

Notretiredyet

-21 wind chill here this am, may have to put my jacket on today. So far my old command sweater over a couple layers has worked, thank god for UA Baselayer 3.0.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
at least it looks cold from my couch. Picked a good week for vacation.
Amazing how we can do this two months in advance. KUDOS to you Brownslave. My cover guys always say, "oh Crap shes off, the weather is gonna blow", and it usually does. -2 right now. I would be walking in the door, glad I am not!