College Football

texan

Ok I hope others do not jump on me. Necro or others.
College football. I still like it, and it is most likely buried down deep somewhere as a thread.

UVA just beat Penn State!!!! Great
UVA University of Virginia 17, Penn State 16.

Sorry to the Penn State fans.

texan

Watching Notre Dame and Perdue. Go Notre Dame!!!!
notre-dame-fighting-irish-logo-leprechaun.jpg

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Ok I hope others do not jump on me. Necro or others.
College football. I still like it, and it is most likely buried down deep somewhere as a thread.

UVA just beat Penn State!!!! Great
UVA University of Virginia 17, Penn State 16.

Sorry to the Penn State fans.

Necro is too busy digging up old threads to bother you.

texan

Clemson punter Benton kicks 61-yard field goal to break ACC, school record.

Clemson punter Spencer Benton set an Atlantic Coast Conference record when he
connected on a 61-yard field goal against Ball State on Saturday.

Benton’s kick snuck through the goalposts as time ran out in the opening half
and gave the Tigers a 45-10 lead. The kick surpassed the 2007 mark of 60 yards
set by Florida State’s Gary Cisamesia against Florida.

Clemson punter Benton kicks 61-yard field goal to break ACC, school record - The Washington Post

CharleyHustle

The University of Michigan just got a scare from Air Force. Odd, but Air Force doesn't throw the ball much. They run the triple option out of the wing t. The announcer says the AF has no scholarship athletes. Wow! them boys are fun to watch though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The University of Michigan just got a scare from Air Force. Odd, but Air Force doesn't throw the ball much. They run the triple option out of the wing t. The announcer says the AF has no scholarship athletes. Wow! them boys are fun to watch though.

I watched this game. The announcer is right---there are no scholarships at the AFA. Prospective candidates for any of the military academies must be nominated by a member of Congress. Tuition and a stiped are paid by the US government. Upon graduation they are commissioned as 2nd Lieutenants and have a service commitment. Unlike most of the major colleges they are students first and athletes second.

I was surprised at how easily AF was able to move the football.

I also watched the Syracuse/USC game. 'Cuse held their own in the first half but were simply outmanned in the second. 41-29 is respectable (they covered the point spread).

CharleyHustle

I misspoke, AF runs the triple option out of the double wing. This is an offense though still run by high school teams and smaller lower division collages is really rare in in division 1, the CFBS. Major collage defenses just never see it anymore and it is hard to prepare for especially (not making an excuse) when you had 'Bama the week before. Navy and Georgia Tech run it and some teams run it on the goal line.

CharleyHustle

One more note about the Michigan-Air Force game. Michigan's uniforms you either love 'em or hate 'em, Air Force on the other hand has to have the coolest uniforms in ALL of football!

I wonder if there has ever been any thought of having Nike do our UPS uniforms?

brownedout

set by Florida State’s Gary Cismesia against Florida.

Clemson punter Benton kicks 61-yard field goal to break ACC, school record - The Washington Post
Nothing place kicking wise in college football beats the golden era in the late 70's especially in the then South West Coference. This was pre 1988 when the NCAA banned the kicking block, a 2" block allowed for place kicks. Anyway the SWC boasted 3 of the best college kickers you would ever see. Russll Erxleven from Texas, Steve Little from Arkansas, and the bare footed Tony Franklin from Texas A & M. These 3 would routinely kick field goals of 60 plus yards. Russell and Little each connected from 67 which was the record for a few years before some guy from Abilene Christian hit from 69 I believe. Too lazy to search at this point and he had a real funky name. I also remember Kevin Butler from Georgia just, just missing from 71 in one of the post season all star games when he came out.

brownedout

I stand corrected, the record of 69 yds. was achieved by Ove Johansson of Abilene Christian, but was kicked before either Erxleven, or Little's "boots".

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

set by Florida State’s Gary Cismesia against Florida.

Meh, who cares about those taters...it's all about the GAMECOCKS, baby! In other news, those losers from SoCal bit the dust at the hands of Stanford. It's been an exciting couple of weeks for college football fans.

texan

High scores, no defense for lesser schools

What is up with the super scores for the top 25 this week?

Alabama 52
Arkansas 0

LSU 63
Idaho 14

Oregon 63
Tenn. Tech 14

Florida St 52
Wake Forest 0

Georgia 56
Florida Atl 20

South Carolina 49
UAB 6

West Virginia 42
James Madison 12

Clemson 41
Furman 7

Texas 66
Ole Miss 31

Michigan 63
Mass 13

Arizona 56
S Carolina St 0

menotyou

bella amicizia
High scores, no defense for lesser schools

What is up with the super scores for the top 25 this week?

Alabama 52
Arkansas 0

LSU 63
Idaho 14

Oregon 63
Tenn. Tech 14

Florida St 52
Wake Forest 0

Georgia 56
Florida Atl 20

South Carolina 49
UAB 6

West Virginia 42
James Madison 12

Clemson 41
Furman 7

Texas 66
Ole Miss 31

Michigan 63
Mass 13

Arizona 56
S Carolina St 0
This is a High School score, but it's one of those super scores. 9/08 General Brown vs Adirondack 69-0. Go Lions!