College students unit!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by aaangel, Oct 31, 2013.

1. aaangel

aaangel New Member

Hello, all! I applied for a seasonal driver helper position. On the app, there were a few choices I could choose for my available hours. I was only able to pick two because of my class schedule. I have class MWF 11am-2pm and TuTh 9am-10:30am. I was wondering if this will affect me getting hired because of my limited availability during a majority of the weekdays? I've heard they are flexible with students, and I've also heard they aren't. I just wanted to get this cleared up before the appointment/interview/tour/whatever is going on, on Monday. Thanks! :smart:
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

They aren't.
  3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I don't see that working at all.
  4. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

They are semi-flexible for PT'ers, depending on the FT supervisor and building management. But that just ain't gonna happen as a seasonal driver.

At the very most, I was allowed to miss one day/per week for a class (grad-level capstone) that I was required to take in order to graduate.
  5. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Was this a call for college students to unite or was this a shoutout to the college students unit?

Paint me befuddled. : /
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Heh heh heh... He said "unit".
  7. aaangel

aaangel New Member

Haha, talk about a typo...thanks for all the input though.
  8. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

​I just opened another beeah. How about you?
  9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

With those school hours, you could pretty much work any shift at UPS. a lot of hubs/centers don't have shifts that run between 9am-12pm. Good luck
  10. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Just got home, one opened.
  11. cachsux

cachsux Wah

"Seven years of college down the drain"
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

My third sophomore year was the best!
  13. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

14. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Don't they list the hours helpers generally work on the upsjobs website? Pretty sure they