Colorado,New Mexico, and Arizona upsers, look!

Cute-UPS-Man

I Currently live in Florida. I can't stand it here anymore (weather,environment,people) the list goes on! I've always loved the West and I was looking on www.upsjobs.com to see what was available in the states I specified in the thread title. There are some openings in Colorado (Dillon,Glenwood Springs and a few other places) I talked to my hr person about what I needed to do to apply for one of those jobs since I can't online because I am currently employed by ups and she said that I'd have to do all of the footwork myself to get numbers,info etc.... The only way she would help me find a job out there was either school or military. So I wanted to see if you guys knew of any current openings or not so distant future openings. I am currently on the preload and have been loading cars for 2+ years. If you guys could give me any contact info I would greatly appreciate it! I'm willing to take a trip out there to meet/interview in person. I know I would have to quit here first then move out there. I may look into the school thing and see about transfering early next year. The places i'm interested in moving to are: Arizona-(Flagstaff,Sedona),New Mexico-(Alamogordo,Cloudcroft,Albuquerque),Colorado-(Colorado Springs,Breckenridge/Dillon/Copper Mountain area,Pueblo,Salida,Pikes Peak).

Thanks

Scott

M

Mike23

I Currently live in Florida. I can't stand it here anymore (weather,environment,people) the list goes on! I've always loved the West and I was looking on www.upsjobs.com to see what was available in the states I specified in the thread title. There are some openings in Colorado (Dillon,Glenwood Springs and a few other places) I talked to my hr person about what I needed to do to apply for one of those jobs since I can't online because I am currently employed by ups and she said that I'd have to do all of the footwork myself to get numbers,info etc.... The only way she would help me find a job out there was either school or military. So I wanted to see if you guys knew of any current openings or not so distant future openings. I am currently on the preload and have been loading cars for 2+ years. If you guys could give me any contact info I would greatly appreciate it! I'm willing to take a trip out there to meet/interview in person. I know I would have to quit here first then move out there. I may look into the school thing and see about transfering early next year. The places i'm interested in moving to are: Arizona-(Flagstaff,Sedona),New Mexico-(Alamogordo,Cloudcroft,Albuquerque),Colorado-(Colorado Springs,Breckenridge/Dillon/Copper Mountain area,Pueblo,Salida,Pikes Peak).

Thanks

Scott

1st off, your HR person is a useless tit. Mine (in Calgary) actually went so far as to give me the numbers of how many drivers are at each building in Ontario and how many drivers they actually needed

2nd Canada has TONS of openings (at least preload wise). Get a VISA and come up here :D

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Cute, Unless you have 2 incomes Flagstaff and Sedona are not the best places to live. The cost of living is very high. There are other towns near that are better as far as the cost of living but you are looking at a commute time. It would be safe to say at least an hour commute. As far as I know my ctr is not hiring. We avg 5/6 drivers on lay off right now. I doubt very seriously if Flag is hiring but I can certainly ask.

Cute-UPS-Man

1st off, your HR person is a useless tit. Mine (in Calgary) actually went so far as to give me the numbers of how many drivers are at each building in Ontario and how many drivers they actually needed

2nd Canada has TONS of openings (at least preload wise). Get a VISA and come up here :D

She is new and could'nt even answer all of my questions! She seems like a lazy person and only wants to do the bare minimum at best! I applied in Canada through upsers.com they had a part time package car driver in Toronto and a few things in Quebec city. I like Canada but don't like the universal health care! We'll see what happens!

Cute-UPS-Man

Cute, Unless you have 2 incomes Flagstaff and Sedona are not the best places to live. The cost of living is very high. There are other towns near that are better as far as the cost of living but you are looking at a commute time. It would be safe to say at least an hour commute. As far as I know my ctr is not hiring. We avg 5/6 drivers on lay off right now. I doubt very seriously if Flag is hiring but I can certainly ask.

I'd prefer Flagstaff over Sedona! I know I saw a UPS place with like 4-5 package cars near Winslow or Holbrook AZ! An hour commute isn't too bad. My commute now is almost 1/2 an hour! 5/6 layed off? Which area do you work in? If you don't mind asking i'd appreciate it! It would be at least 6 months before I do anything!

Cute-UPS-Man

LOL, good call.

If you're serious about moving, why not just quit UPS altogether, move to where you think you want to live, and start a new life there doing something else. You've only got 2 years in, go for it!

I have been debating on whether or not to quit UPS summer of next year to pursue a degree in "wind technology" out in Tucumcari New Mexico. I'd like to work on the windmills but the pay isn't so great at the moment! I'm still undecided at the moment.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have been debating on whether or not to quit UPS summer of next year to pursue a degree in "wind technology" out in Tucumcari New Mexico. I'd like to work on the windmills but the pay isn't so great at the moment! I'm still undecided at the moment.
The longer you take to decide, the longer it takes to fulfill your dream, JMHO, as always.

Cute-UPS-Man

The longer you take to decide, the longer it takes to fulfill your dream, JMHO, as always.

I know. I'd like to make UPS a career. I just don't want to wait 10 years to start driving at my current building. I figure if I go somewhere where driver demand is down and there are fulltime driver positions available i'd jump on one. I am single with no kids no mortgage,rent etc.... I could pick up my stuff and leave tomorrow!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I know. I'd like to make UPS a career. I just don't want to wait 10 years to start driving at my current building. I figure if I go somewhere where driver demand is down and there are fulltime driver positions available i'd jump on one. I am single with no kids no mortgage,rent etc.... I could pick up my stuff and leave tomorrow!
If it's a driving position you want, then stay put. Work part time at UPS and full time elsewhere. Just do you time and before you know it, you'll be driving. It's hot in Florida, but it gets hot everywhere, or cold, rainy or snowy. You'll never find UPS nirvana. What I firmly believe, is if you don't make up your mind right now, you'll be a 40-50 year old, not so cute, former UPS guy that has achieved nothing. JMHO, as always.

Cute-UPS-Man

If it's a driving position you want, then stay put. Work part time at UPS and full time elsewhere. Just do you time and before you know it, you'll be driving. It's hot in Florida, but it gets hot everywhere, or cold, rainy or snowy. You'll never find UPS nirvana. What I firmly believe, is if you don't make up your mind right now, you'll be a 40-50 year old, not so cute, former UPS guy that has achieved nothing. JMHO, as always.

I know it's hot here but it's also humid! I know it gets hot out West but there is not much humidity so it doesn't feel as hot! I also like to drive in the rain! Am I weird for liking that? By the time i'm 50ish and I have a wife and kids I will have achieved my goal given I can support them well along the way! My main goal in life is to be happy!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I know it's hot here but it's also humid! I know it gets hot out West but there is not much humidity so it doesn't feel as hot! I also like to drive in the rain! Am I weird for liking that? By the time i'm 50ish and I have a wife and kids I will have achieved my goal given I can support them well along the way! My main goal in life is to be happy!
Well, then good luck to you.:peaceful: