combo job

mikeups1978

I accepted a combo job that's load/shift on Twilight/Night sort. Now HR came and told me that someone else with higher seniority got the position. If that's the case why didn't that person get called before me? I don't think that right at all. It's been at at least three weeks since it happened and I filed a grievance with my union steward, but I think HR's dragging their feet as much as possible.

mikeups1978

that was the reason cause someone with higher seniority got it but I think that's wrong because I already accepted the position and then he had me decline it. Thank you for your welcome!

ULiRuiz526

There's nothing you can do about it. A grievance in your situation won't do you any good. The other worker has more seniority so the union actually benefits him if you think about it.

over9five

Staff member
There could be several legitimate reasons why Mike got bumped after he accepted the job.
It happens all the time here if the senior guy is on vacation, or out for a couple of days when the job is posted. They definitely should have communicated the actual reason to Mike, sounds like they dropped the ball there.

mikeups1978

Harrassment

I know UPS sucks big time in the way they run things. Just because of tough economical times the training supervisors have no new hires to train or nothing else to do so they come into the trailers harrassing people like me or anyone else. They've had me say the zip codes out loud, move with a sense of urgency, select the next package, build left to right, and make me do things that's too hard physically to do at one time and god know what other bogus stuff.

Anyone else have the same problem or worse?

ULiRuiz526

Re: Harrassment

I know UPS sucks big time in the way they run things. Just because of tough economical times the training supervisors have no new hires to train or nothing else to do so they come into the trailers harrassing people like me or anyone else. They've had me say the zip codes out loud, move with a sense of urgency, select the next package, build left to right, and make me do things that's too hard physically to do at one time and god know what other bogus stuff.

Anyone else have the same problem or worse?

OMG! Dude I would love to be in your position right now! As long as you're doing everything by the book you should be fine. Make sure they aren't touching any packages also. Grow some **** & grievance, grievance, grievance. Remember if you get some fellow teamsters to be witness's the grievance would have soooo much more worth in the local hearing. Another thing SUP's aren't your friends they are your enemies so have your warface at work no matter what! :wink2:

I accepted a combo job that's load/shift on Twilight/Night sort. Now HR came and told me that someone else with higher seniority got the position. If that's the case why didn't that person get called before me? I don't think that right at all.

It happened to me too. I was a part-timer and I quit my second job. The start of the week comes and some new guy is in our center. I go to my sup and he says HR would like to talk to you. I call HR and they tell me a mistake was made. Luckily I was able to get my second job back. I wasn't backed up by the union because the guy was on vacation and had a week of seniority on me! UGH! In the end, the new guy was a complete maroon, didn't make it through the 30 days and went back to his part-time job. I was next up and got the job. Hang in there something will open eventually! Good luck