combo jobs and seniority

browntroll

i decided to start applying for combo jobs but had a few questions.
from my understanding combos are considered full time and guaranteed 8 hours.
can i be fired from a combo position? from my understanding its a 4 year progression but
if something happens like i call in or im late a few too many times do i have to go back to
being part time?
as a combo can i bump part timers no matter what seniority they have? they always told me
only full timers can do this but only to guarantee their 8 hours but i see plenty part timers stay
longer then full timers/combo.

By The Book

can i be fired from a combo position? from my understanding its a 4 year progression but
if something happens like i call in or im late a few too many times do i have to go back to
being part time?
as a combo can i bump part timers no matter what seniority they have? they always told me
only full timers can do this but only to guarantee their 8 hours but i see plenty part timers stay
Yes, you can be fired from just about every job at UPS if it's warranted. If you sign a bid and are awarded the job, you should get your 8. You have to do your bid work, and if they need extra help, it should be offered within the classification of the work to be done.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
being part time?

You can not go back to part time once you have gone full time. As far as bumping to get your 8. It would be the least senior part timer and it would be to work as directed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You cannot bump people from preferred job, if you have a WAD job. You can be placed in a preferred job if it opens up though, since you are technically still a part-time employee for each shift. Usually, for one half, you will have a specific "less intensive" job, which you will have bid rights to.

It generally comes down to crummy politics.

wilberforce15

As a non-driving Full-Timer, your job is completely untouchable as long as you show up somewhat regularly, don't steal, don't fight, and at least pretend to kind of mostly do what you're told at your own pace (so long as that is one step faster than lying down).

browntroll

As a non-driving Full-Timer, your job is completely untouchable as long as you show up somewhat regularly, don't steal, don't fight, and at least pretend to kind of mostly do what you're told at your own pace (so long as that is one step faster than lying down).
this is what i wanted to know, if i can be fired within the 4 year progression for any reason and be forced back to part time.
thanks for the replies. i also heard they cut my seniority in half and of course my also get cut in half.

PT Car Washer

this is what i wanted to know, if i can be fired within the 4 year progression for any reason and be forced back to part time.
thanks for the replies. i also heard they cut my seniority in half and of course my also get cut in half.
You start over with a FT seniority date but also keep your PT seniority date for number of vacation weeks.