Come on in here, check out my Man Hole

ManInBrown

I used to cover a route that got the most ridiculously heavy irregular :censored3:

A machine shop. Thank God I have my own route now, with no places like that

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
And you know, this is the kind of :censored2: that pisses me off that we even accept it into our system. With a shape like that, how do you even get it to stay loaded on a hand cart?

And you know, this is the kind of :censored2: that pisses me off that we even accept it into our system. With a shape like that, how do you even get it to stay loaded on a hand cart?
I have picked up heavy boxes where the bottom falls out before you can even get it on the package car. Leave it as improperly packaged.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have picked up heavy boxes where the bottom falls out before you can even get it on the package car. Leave it as improperly packaged.

I had 6 of those (picnic tables) going to our local high school. They were trashed! The loader told me about them and knew that I wouldn't take them.

Got a message to meet a driver at the high school to help him deliver those same tables.

There is no way in hell they should have been put on road.

FilingBluesFL

Ive gotten a whole fireplace before.

We get a lot of those "amish Fireplaces" in certain neighborhoods. Just a glorified space heater.

This monster went to a wastewater treatment plant. It's being "remodeled." Not sure how you can remodel a :censored2: hole, but they're certainly trying lol

The contractor brought his fork lift around for this thing.

But don't get me wrong, I'm more than capable of handling the hole of a man larger than this one ;)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had an on-call pickup for a small-block Chevy engine once. The customer offered to help me put it on back of my car. I refused it since it weighed several hundred pounds, I called it in and UPS Freight was sent out to get it.

FilingBluesFL

I had an on-call pickup for a small-block Chevy engine once. The customer offered to help me put it on back of my car. I refused it since it weighed several hundred pounds, I called it in and UPS Freight was sent out to get it.

I've delivered a small front wheel drive transaxle one time that was strapped down to a small pallet. That's about as crazy as things have gotten with drivetrain stuff.

iowa boy

Back in my preload days, I saw a gun safe get loaded onto a package car. Had to have been several hundred pounds.

Crammed one into a P5 last peak, only about 140 though. (Thank god for freekin Amazon). Delivered it to the garage door, that was far enough for me.

clean hairy

Crammed one into a P5 last peak, only about 140 though. (Thank god for freekin Amazon). Delivered it to the garage door, that was far enough for me.
Of course, the Customer will put in a complaint with the Company and post on Social Media:
"Lazy UPS Driver delivered my item and left it right in front of the garage! Anyone could have come along and stolen it!"
Of course, they try to make us look bad and neglect to say it weighed 140lbs!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We get a lot of those "amish Fireplaces" in certain neighborhoods. Just a glorified space heater.

This monster went to a wastewater treatment plant. It's being "remodeled." Not sure how you can remodel a :censored2: hole, but they're certainly trying lol

The contractor brought his fork lift around for this thing.

But don't get me wrong, I'm more than capable of handling the hole of a man larger than this one ;)

I remember sometimes getting several of those on some days. They could really spoil what might be an otherwise decent load. We started referring to them as the Amish Whorehouse.

rod

Retired 22 years
One of my pick-ups was an Iron Works. One day they had this big chunk of tooled metal strapped to a pallet and marked 150 lbs. Next Day Air. They set it in the back of my truck with a fork lift. At that time I believe shipping on it was close to $300.00. I jokingly asked they if the consignee would accept it COD. They thought so. Three days later it came back marked "Refused no COD's. They ripped the COD tag off it and sent it back out after writing it up again without me even unloading it . Over $600 bucks into shipping into that gem.