Comedy night for teamster United...

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

By not running with Tim's slate, Members United, he is guaranteed to lose in December. He lost his drivers job in Jan 2009 in arbitration so he will be without a job.
However, he is a smart guy so I am sure he has a Plan B. He wouldn't go on this quixotic crusade unless he has a backup plan.
That's why I was asking......because he is out of work if he doesn't get elected.......i just didn't know if he was on not of discharge or he lost in arbitration........how did Tim get him in office it's not in the by law that you have to be an active working teamster

Spongebob1

LMAO, it is not that simple. It is not a "if you don't like Hoffa, vote United". If that is the United slates only platform for their campaign...well...how do I know they will be better? I may not like Hoffa, but think United is worse. It could be a situation where we need to vote for the least worst. Which is why it would be nice for United to actually state how they would have made things better, rather than name call and just state that Hoffa/Hall failed. WHAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT? That is the information that we need.

I know several things that they stand for, and one is closing the concession stand down, work harder at getting better contracts, Being there for the members, and not just a select group, .....bring back moral and Respect, you know the Teamsters are looked upon as "weak" only getting substandard contracts, not only are we fighting against RTW but also our own Union,
What H.& H. did to those locals is unforgivable, there was no "unity", it was "your gonna take it " and that's it, ..... It was back room deals is how I see it,
I know one of the things they want to work on is our pensions, so I suggest you go to one of there rally's and talk to them, Mr.S and Mr.Z will be happy to answer any questions you have, I've met both and they were happy to talk to me and answer my questions,......

Last edited:

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I know several things that they stand for, and one is closing the concession stand down, work harder at getting better contracts, Being there for the members, and not just a select group, .....bring back moral and Respect, you know the Teamsters are looked upon as "weak" only getting substandard contracts, not only are we fighting against RTW but also our own Union,
What H.& H. did to those locals is unforgivable, there was know "unity", it was "your gonna take it " and that's it, ..... It was back room deals is how I see it,
I know one of the things they want to work on is our pensions, so I suggest you go to one of there rally's and talk to them, Mr.S and Mr.Z will be happy to answer any questions you have, I've met both and they were happy to talk to me and answer my questions,......
So still no answers on how they are going to do any of this........so we as voters have to roll the dice on teamsters united secret plan....why can't they tell the rank and file voters

804brown

Does the original guy who got fired in maspeth support Tim?.....how about the shop stewards from maspeth do they support Tim?
The original driver, Jairo, who was fired is currently supporting Liam. Jairo's steward ran against Tim's slate in 2012 and is running again, this time for the President's spot. The other package stewards all support Tim and the slate.

Spongebob1

Agreed.......what they have said to me was no more concessions.......I asked what would I get thats betters than I have.......they have no answers.......and that scares me about teamsters united......I looked at local 804 and local 89 and there supplementals dont have anything better than I have but they do have a lot of drama......for example the maspeth 250 fiasco, while there is a debate on who saved there jobs.....it happened under the presidents watch with guys he brought in

Boy,.....your just full of it,......I'm trying to be nice here, "first local 89's supplements"...... do you mean ups air or pkg. You and I both know how that went down, your hero's H.H. pushed that through when it was a 'VOTE NO'. Now the maspeth 250 was a hot-head BA that got in over his head and lead 250 teamsters off a cliff, now it may have took two weeks, but T. S. got the media involved, the papers, the public, and that is what put the presses on, K.H. came in for a photo opt,...... As far as Liam, he's out, nobody will ever trust that man again, the one guy that saved his butt, and brought him on board,..... Liam turned around and stabbed him in the back, He would throw his own mother under the bus,......

Spongebob1

Boy,.....your just full of it,......I'm trying to be nice here, "first local 89's supplements"...... do you mean ups air or pkg. You and I both know how that went down, your hero's H.H. pushed that through when it was a 'VOTE NO'. Now the maspeth 250 was a hot-head BA that got in over his head and lead 250 teamsters off a cliff, now it may have took two weeks, but T. S. got the media involved, the papers, the public, and that is what put the presses on, K.H. came in for a photo opt,...... As far as Liam, he's out, nobody will ever trust that man again, the one guy that saved his butt, and brought him on board,..... Liam turned around and stabbed him in the back, He would throw his own mother under the bus,......

If you still don't get it I suggest you go to a rally and talk to them, it's that easy

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If you still don't get it I suggest you go to a rally and talk to them, it's that easy
I'm just trying to figure out there secret plan so I can figure out which way I'm gonna vote......how they are going to make healthcare better how theyre going to make pensions better how they are going to stop the harrassment.....what exactly are they going to do different from Hoffa/hall

Spongebob1

I'm just trying to figure out there secret plan so I can figure out which way I'm gonna vote......how they are going to make healthcare better how theyre going to make pensions better how they are going to stop the harrassment.....what exactly are they going to do different from Hoffa/hall

It's real simple, go to a rally and talk, I've talked to them very happy with our conversation they answered my questions, I like their message, their passion for what is right, their passion to LEAD the Teamsters,.....
You can get your questions answered by talking to them,....

I've looked back at several of post and you seemed to be a H.H fan,.....my assumption,........js

The members have thanked Tim in person. If you are waiting to see them come on here and post their thanks, it is not going to happen. Not many in our local read, post or have even heard of Brown Cafe.
Moreover, the members blame Liam for their situation. They trusted Liam and he lead them over a cliff. There are a few true believers who will still follow Liam because he fought for them in the past but his drivers and stewards who walked with him do not!!
As for the members being "so happy", I will say this: If they were so unhappy and upset with Tim and this E/B, the last union meeting would have been mobbed with "unhappy" and upset members screaming for Tim's head. As I have reported already, that did not occur.
Did you ever read the 804 agitator 2 thread. There are a lot of your members who know how to read and they do come to this site.

Last edited:

804brown

LOL, your boy Hoffa ran on that old specific line: "Restore the Power!" Remember that?? What did that actually mean?? We had just restored the power by taking on Brown in 1997 and here he is in 1998 or 2001 saying "restore the power"!! LOL!! What i think he meant was Restore the (Old Guard to) Power!!
In 1998 Hoffa didnt have a record to run on or a real platform of ideas. Just a meaningless slogan and a very well known name. He capitalized on the Teamster FUnd raising scandal in 1998 to win his first election. Then once again in 2001 capitalized on Ron Carey's indictment and trial in 2001 to win re-election. Now he is an entrenched incumbent with nothing of significance to brag about in 16 years but his ability to win elections. Alas!! He should run for COngress instead of wasting our time and our future!!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
LOL, your boy Hoffa ran on that old specific line: "Restore the Power!" Remember that?? What did that actually mean?? We had just restored the power by taking on Brown in 1997 and here he is in 1998 or 2001 saying "restore the power"!! LOL!! What i think he meant was Restore the (Old Guard to) Power!!
In 1998 Hoffa didnt have a record to run on or a real platform of ideas. Just a meaningless slogan and a very well known name. He capitalized on the Teamster FUnd raising scandal in 1998 to win his first election. Then once again in 2001 capitalized on Ron Carey's indictment and trial in 2001 to win re-election. Now he is an entrenched incumbent with nothing of significance to brag about in 16 years but his ability to win elections. Alas!! He should run for COngress instead of wasting our time and our future!!
nobody cares

5habits100

It's real simple, go to a rally and talk, I've talked to them very happy with our conversation they answered my questions, I like their message, their passion for what is right, their passion to LEAD the Teamsters,.....

I've looked back at several of post and you seemed to be a H.H fan,.....my assumption,........js
Go to a rally? Do you mean the one at labor notes he was at when members were being walked off the job?

BrownBrokeDown

What H.& H. did to those locals is unforgivable, there was no "unity", it was "your gonna take it " and that's it, ..... It was back room deals is how I see it,
To paraphrase this post, "We will do better than Junior", and "Junior is a pos".

HOW?

BrownBrokeDown

I will, but wait...they aren't coming down to my neck of the woods. So yeah...