Coming soon to a center near you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe our pilots could use it to get our air here on time. Jut saying......

...it's funny you mentioned that as we had late air yesterday. Our planes land at Plattsburgh International Airport, which used to be Plattsburgh AFB and is an alternate landing site for the space shuttle. The runway is 2 miles long. Well, a small plane had broken down and was sitting on the runway so our air got diverted only to be radioed halfway to the diversion site to turn around as they had cleared the runway. We were told we could leave if we wanted to but would have to come back for the air or could stay and wait--we all stayed and waited. We left 25 minutes late.

Overpaid Union Thug

Over I just saw your post.. I guess I wasn't too clear. It's property size of 2 acres, not driveway size

You must be in the Tennessee because we heard this garbage two. Also something about the driveway being longer than a football field or some crap. I just RTSed the paper and moved on. This whole thing was made up by the same guy that came up with the idea for "safety alerts." Man...I'm glad that flavor of the month died out. The two acre rule is because we have had a record number of driveway accidents this year. I don't think having us walk them all is going to stop fatigued drivers from finding somewhere else to have an accident.

bham brown

Yea i'm in the newly formed region. And I am not liking the way things are being ran... We have already been told by our division manager that if we can't handle the amount of stops on the car(which have gone up at least by 20 in the past year) then we need to find a new career.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yea i'm in the newly formed region. And I am not liking the way things are being ran... We have already been told by our division manager that if we can't handle the amount of stops on the car(which have gone up at least by 20 in the past year) then we need to find a new career.

That guy is a jackass. He needs to take off his suit, brown up, and get a clue. My favorite was the lengthy "packet" that he made and had passed out to all the centers that told us we had to "call in, not message, service failures." Safety alerts was a joke too. He is an example of why 90% of management needs to be fired and replaced by drivers with at least 10 years experience of driving. Those idiots want to run this company with a spreadsheet and no common sense.

NHDRVR

Last week we received something to sign (or not) called the 2 acre rule for residential deliveries. basically says without center manager approval you can't pull in a driveway unless it is larger than 2 acres... I am still waiting on my training of how to calculate property size from a brown truck.. Was just wondering if this was just a local thing or if it has been done elsewhere

Our on-roads would soil themselves (along w/a few drivers) if that was ever initiated up here. Our sporh's would fall off the map... I walk too much, in my on-roads opinion, and I use my 15 years safe driving as to why.

As an aside, we had a time study done by an outside-the-center group last year and a majority of the runs gained time. I think this happened around the country as well. During this time, we were told to make sure we walked mos tof our housecalls and to not stop complete the DR until we were right where we left the pkg. Anyways, as the paid over decreased for most of the drivers, because the routes were adjusted closer to reality, the drivers were now told that the over/under was no longer looked at as effective and it was now all about SPORH. (laughing) Now, I find it amusing that in the course of one day, 20 years of over/under allowance is now incorrect and sporh is the new bottom line.

Yes, these 2 kind of go hand in hand but I like how one is picked over the other to fit an argument...

Any ways, we finish the time study, the routes get time, and 2 of the on-roads that told us to walk off most of the house calls are now giving 3-day rides and telling us to drive in almost every driveway. Since it's work-as-directed I have to comply but I find it amazing that they do it with a straight face...

Safety, safety, safety....unless it affects sporh

Overpaid Union Thug

Our on-roads would soil themselves (along w/a few drivers) if that was ever initiated up here. Our sporh's would fall off the map... I walk too much, in my on-roads opinion, and I use my 15 years safe driving as to why.

As an aside, we had a time study done by an outside-the-center group last year and a majority of the runs gained time. I think this happened around the country as well. During this time, we were told to make sure we walked mos tof our housecalls and to not stop complete the DR until we were right where we left the pkg. Anyways, as the paid over decreased for most of the drivers, because the routes were adjusted closer to reality, the drivers were now told that the over/under was no longer looked at as effective and it was now all about SPORH. (laughing) Now, I find it amusing that in the course of one day, 20 years of over/under allowance is now incorrect and sporh is the new bottom line.

Yes, these 2 kind of go hand in hand but I like how one is picked over the other to fit an argument...

Any ways, we finish the time study, the routes get time, and 2 of the on-roads that told us to walk off most of the house calls are now giving 3-day rides and telling us to drive in almost every driveway. Since it's work-as-directed I have to comply but I find it amazing that they do it with a straight face...

The only reason the guy came up with that rule is because he was getting reamed by his boss about all of the driveway accidents that happened on his watch. So, in typical management style, he put pen to paper and came up with YET ANOTHER stupid idea involving a measurement in order to make it look like he had a solution to the problem.

NHDRVR

The only reason the guy came up with that rule is because he was getting reamed by his boss about all of the driveway accidents that happened on his watch. So, in typical management style, he put pen to paper and came up with YET ANOTHER stupid idea involving a measurement in order to make it look like he had a solution to the problem.

Agreed, It's just hysterical to me that we are PCM'd to death on why we should keep our vehicles out of driveways (SAFETY, SAFETY) until we get a 3-day and then it's ok to drive in them.....love the hypocracy

Overpaid Union Thug

Agreed, It's just hysterical to me that we are PCM'd to death on why we should keep our vehicles out of driveways (SAFETY, SAFETY) until we get a 3-day and then it's ok to drive in them.....love the hypocracy

It just goes to show that the spreadsheet world and the real world are two different things. I guess some in management need to switch to a clip on tie and get maybe their brains will start noticing things like this.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Maybe our pilots could use it to get our air here on time. Jut saying......

Remember, working as directed is what you do UNTIL safety becomes a factor. Walk where you need to, my friend.

bham brown

Our bldg had a time study done recently and we all lost time for the most part.. Our time study was done by satellite drawing a straight line from the middle of the road to the front door. From my understanding of it, it didn't matter if you went to the back door you were still only getting the time to the front door. I can't walk straight to the front door on most of my dr's. Sometimes it's like a maze to even get to the door. Everything about the time study we got is wrong in my opinion. Each route has individual characteristics and needs to be looked at that way. We now just get an average for the center on speed limits, stop signs, etc..

We get the pcm every morning on OA hours and SPORH's.. I was told by my OC that I was OA and I told him I was givin him a fair days work and he replied that a fair day's work meant that I ran scratch and ran my SPORH's. Told him I must have missed that part when reading the contract.

Overpaid Union Thug

We get the pcm every morning on OA hours and SPORH's.. I was told by my OC that I was OA and I told him I was givin him a fair days work and he replied that a fair day's work meant that I ran scratch and ran my SPORH's. Told him I must have missed that part when reading the contract.

Its ok if you missed only that part. Management tends to miss the entire contract these days.