commit time stops

snookbunny420

3 12:00 commit stops, a 1:00, and a 2:00, all need loaded in the rear behind the other 400 pieces in the panel van. yet i get blamed when they don't get delivered on time.

barnyard

KTM rider
At my center, they work really hard to make sure that those commit times are met. The bigger picture is that they are usually businesses that committed to ship all their volume in exchange for delivery commit times.

cino321

I deal with similar circumstances. Every morning before the PCM I make sure I can find all my commit time stops. Used to be called SSI accounts. If I can't find them I tell them before I leave the building. It's annoying but this is my routine everyday. Sometimes I can't find all my NDA. I tell them about that too. 30 minutes of AM time is the norm for me.

BrownChoice

When late air happens, is a message with diad sufficient enough to not get in trouble? What happens if you don't let management know?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Has some one hacked your account , or have you just been in a bad mood lately:didimiss:
We are talking about 3 different commit times all after noon. Also talking 400 pieces not 1200. I don't see the excuse for not being able to find these. I know guys that go out with 600 in a p1300? That have no trouble.

The job sucks some days and we all know the company doesn't make it any easier for us. That's why it's important to just suck it up and figure out a way to get :censored2: done a lot of days.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Once again the loaders aren't trained right. The old school way was to load all the airs or envelopes in a tote box on the platform by truck or in the cab by the drivers seat. Problem solved and it worked.

cino321

They loaders don't understand the significance of these deliveries, and to be honest, I could careless about them too, but unfortunately I get held accountable when my preloader buries them (typical ups management answer) and I get there late. So from now on, and this wasn't my idea, I look for the packages and tell them if I can't find something (including a message over the board) before I leave.

Ouch

When late air happens, is a message with diad sufficient enough to not get in trouble? What happens if you don't let management know?
If you let management know you cant find them then they blame it on preload. If you deliver them late and don't let them know they think your just jacking around and purposely delivering them late.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I once got a talking to for delivering a SSI account too early. That's when I knew UPS was no longer ruled by common sense.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They have no choice to be a bunch of sellouts. UPS is their life and they get off on it. Its a job to me nothing less nothing more. There for the greenbacks and pension that's it.

Mack Grant

Send messages to advise office and keep moving. Their problem.
This is what you do. Noticed the other day on a split car that I had 15:00 savers for a business with 5780 sequence number. This route was 200 stops crammed into a p500. Send in the message that you can't find or get to the packages and run it on trace.

snookbunny420

We are talking about 3 different commit times all after noon. Also talking 400 pieces not 1200. I don't see the excuse for not being able to find these. I know guys that go out with 600 in a p1300? That have no trouble.

The job sucks some days and we all know the company doesn't make it any easier for us. That's why it's important to just suck it up and figure out a way to get :censored2: done a lot of days.
I'm am the fn loader and at least 200 of the commits are foot locker boxes for a huge foot locker store. and all the commits(usually 200 or 300) are in addition to the other 400. and my package count is with 15 envelopes. now the reason i am venting is cuz i cannot fit it all and must go back and unload all the time to make sure the commits fit. i cannot cut anything until i prove that it doesnt fit. and this is an everyday thing.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I deliver my last NDA I send this ODS--"No late/missed NDA".

Mgt hates surprises, whether it be an accident, concern, missed pieces or late NDA.

You message in everyday after doing your air on time that you did your air on time? That would be like messaging everyday that you took your lunch break.