commit time stops

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You message in everyday after doing your air on time that you did your air on time? That would be like messaging everyday that you took your lunch break.

Drivers who deliver in a committed area are required to do this on a daily basis.

I am also required to ODS how many and what time I deliver Gamestop.

kingOFchester

We don't use the term committed area so not sure what you mean. We only respond to the message asking us for our ETA in the evening. What's BFE? Best Friend Ever? Big friend'ing....

Several drivers I know, love the ETA question. They respond, don't know what traffic will be like heading back.

Or when the drivers will not get everything delivered they get the "you have to be at air wall by 8". They respond with "what time should I stop delivering". Always throwing it back in their hands. God forbid, you leave area to make air wall but get stuck in a traffic jam. If you only responded with "yes" or request acknowledged and accepted" they will blame you for missing air trailer.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just to clarify...you're not talking about actual package service level commits like savers, etc...you're talking about businesses in an area needing to be delivered by a certain commit time regardless of service level?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just to clarify...you're not talking about actual package service level commits like savers, etc...you're talking about businesses in an area needing to be delivered by a certain commit time regardless of service level?

No---I am talking about premium packages, although certain stops (Gamestop) do have to be delivered by a certain commit time (noon).

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Okay, then I'm not understanding why they'd make you message in. All routes in my center have to have NDAs done by 1030 and savers by 3pm for businesses so to make every driver message in that they were doing their job is just bizarre to me.

kingOFchester

Okay, then I'm not understanding why they'd make you message in. All routes in my center have to have NDAs done by 1030 and savers by 3pm for businesses so to make every driver message in that they were doing their job is just bizarre to me.

As well as every time they take lunch, break, back first exceptions and ETA. That is at least 5 messages a day per driver at minimum. The bubble of goodness isn't sounding that good after all.

browniehound

When late air happens, is a message with diad sufficient enough to not get in trouble? What happens if you don't let management know?

I used to message the center after a late air but I thought this became obsolete or no need for it with the advent of ODSe. You don't have to let management know because they already know. Its shows right up on their computer shortly after you deliver it

UPSGUY72

3 12:00 commit stops, a 1:00, and a 2:00, all need loaded in the rear behind the other 400 pieces in the panel van. yet i get blamed when they don't get delivered on time.

Really you can't make a 12:00, 1:00 or 2:00 commit ?? What time do you leave the building. I could see if it was a 10:30 commit but 12:00 I won't say anything about not making the the 1:00 or 2:00 commit times....

browniehound

I once got a talking to for delivering a SSI account too early. That's when I knew UPS was no longer ruled by common sense.

I got a talking to also. It was during peak on a Monday when we would start an hour early. This SSI account I go to first everyday because it bulks out the entire rear of the truck. The delivery window is 9-1030 which works out fine when you start at 840 but when I started at 740 I was there at 830 without ever thinking that I was early to the delivery window.

I got some lecture that its just as bad to be early as late to the SSI account because these places staff their receiving areas according to this window. I was very perplexed at this statement because the sign on their loading dock states: receiving hours 7 to 1130 and 1200 to 330. That's UPS logic for you. Why wouldn't they make the window open at 7 instead of 9 in the DIAD?