Common overlooked time allowance credits

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh I see...in the past when that happens I just delivered it to the correct address and then in remarks "Del to 135 Elm"...Why do they not teach us this stuff?

If the package had a bad address and it still went to a place on my route I would just deliver to the correct address and change the address that pops up when the barcode is scanned. Most routes will see commonly see places that get packages sent to an old address or someone got the address wrong in their computer, and drivers learn the correct address and its easier to just deliver. If its on your route and hasn't moved to someone else's route that is.

wayfair

swollen member
This most commonly happens when they round up to end the day and round down to start the previous day. This is another reason I write the ending mileage on the DVIR every day.

With ORION, you're supposed to round up mileage at the start of the day.... .5 and up, up to the next mile

ArcherUTR

This concerns me because I forgot to get starting mileage on Friday. I just guessed at it after getting on area. I probably should have just entered in what it was at that first stop... Hope it blows over and goes unnoticed. Or maybe I should tell my sup tomorrow. Think I'll do that.

Way late to this thread, but you should guesstimate your starting mileage then before you punch out find and on-road supervisor and explain what happened. Ask for instructions.

AKCoverMan

I once saw a report called (if I remember correctly) a report called the Planned Day report. It basically showed on a particular route exactly how much time was allowed for each event.

Things I do remember seeing were specifics for each signature stop, each non signature stop, each package delivered or piked up, swapping vehicles, transferring packages, coupling or uncoupling a TP-60.

Noticeably absent was an allowance associated with what floor was entered in the DIAD and I was told by the last human time study person we had here that entering the floor number to get more time allowance is a myth. But basic time allowance for a stop varies for each unit in a loop so in theory you could set up high rises with time built into the allowance to take into account vertical travel from PC to high in the sky. But it would be an average allowance not based on the actual floor number.

I don't remember if time allowance for address correction on there or not. Maybe I'll ask to see one again.

ArcherUTR

The amount of pieces that are transferred to/from my truck whenever meeting a driver to transfer/receive more stops.

How do you do this?

I know that it is shady, but whenever they give me instructions to meet somebody I put it in other work as approved meeting.

Sort of similar whenever they ask to complete my diad trainning I put it under compliance training.

Those are a pretty accurate accounting of my activities that i can honestly point to but they may not be a part of the methods, else they will accuse me of stealing time.

How do you do this?

I know that it is shady, but whenever they give me instructions to meet somebody I put it in other work as approved meeting.

Sort of similar whenever they ask to complete my diad trainning I put it under compliance training.

Those are pretty accurate and are an accounting of my activities to be honest that i can point to but may be the methods, else they will accuse me of stealing time.
It used to be (M) driver assist. Guess they,over used It.

ArcherUTR

I am ill informed. I work in a bonus center and just to cover may ass...

mileage

delivery packages

pick-up packages

special count ARS packages

duplicate stops

signatures

floor number

over 70's

deliveries

pickups

leave building

return to bulding

fuel

washing vehicle

diad training

special meeting with management

in building breakdowns

on area breakdowns

compliance training

safety training

driver followups

...off the top of my head that aren't shady

AKCoverMan

How do you do this?

Those are a pretty accurate accounting of my activities that i can honestly point to but they may not be a part of the methods, else they will accuse me of stealing time.

There are fields in the upper right hand corner of the same screen where you entry leave and return to building times called DT Load and DT Unload.

Anytime I load/unload a package besides at a pickup or delivery I add to these counts. We have early air cutoff times here so we have meet points to get all the air pups to the center in time with three pup routes shuttling it all in, so sometimes it's a pretty big number. But transferring pieces when helping another driver or getting help from another driver counts too. If I shuttle a misload from one driver to another it gets counted as both a load and an unload.

ArcherUTR

There are fields in the upper right hand corner of the same screen where you entry leave and return to building times called DT Load and DT Unload.

Anytime I load/unload a package besides at a pickup or delivery I add to these counts. We have early air cutoff times here so we have meet points to get all the air pups to the center in time with three pup routes shuttling it all in, so sometimes it's a pretty big number. But transferring pieces when helping another driver or getting help from another driver counts too. If I shuttle a misload from one driver to another it gets counted as both a load and an unload.
But what about when supervisors are shuttling packages, lol?

AKCoverMan

Used to see a lot of this, as well as on car and other supes delivering resi Misloads on their way home.

With current center manager most Misloads are picked up and shuttled by and/or delivered by one of the routes that make or shuttle next day air pickups in the morning. Or delivered by the driver who ended up with the package.

But if a Supe does bring me a misload to deliver it goes into the DT load count!

S

selfcancelsignal

Their numbers are their numbers and their problem. Fair day's work for a fair day's pay. When you realize that and they see you realize it life gets much easier.
The problem anymore is it's always a fair day's pay, but rarely a fair day's work. Especially when running a junk route. Load 'em up.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.