Common overlooked time allowance credits

barnyard

KTM rider
I would be careful about taking all the perceived allowances that you think you deserve. The last thing you want to have to do is sit in an office and explain why you have xx amount of time for doing whatever.

cooperjake

Account for every minute...if they ask you to call the center I put it under approved meeting...left ats are a huge source for time allowances...don't falsify but don't screw yourself by not using them when you should...if noone is at the dock and you have to walk to the office do a left at at the office...make sure you enter fuel in the diad if you get it...put an accurate return to building and leave building time stamp and if you have to double trip to building (many of us do at our center ) make sure u double trip in the board .

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Oh I see...in the past when that happens I just delivered it to the correct address and then in remarks "Del to 135 Elm"...Why do they not teach us this stuff?
Because the people who are "training" you probably dont even know themselves. A lot of people choose to become on-car supervisors because they arent capable of being drivers. Those who cant do it manage it.

I sometimes forget to enter my fuel....I tell myself...."I'll do it later."...but later never comes. I often remember when I pass the gas station on my way home.

Because the people who are "training" you probably dont even know themselves. A lot of people choose to become on-car supervisors because they arent capable of being drivers. Those who cant do it manage it.
We were once given Home Depot gift cards when that feature came out. I think it was $5 for every address correction.

kingOFchester

To the OP.

I understand you are trying to make book. Take credit for everything you do. Your numbers do matter at this point of your career.

Look at the Diad as a bill for what you did for the day. Just make sure you don't submit a bill that is incorrect. After you make book you can join those who say "the numbers don't matter". Until then, your numbers do matter.

Good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Account for every minute...if they ask you to call the center I put it under approved meeting...left ats are a huge source for time allowances...don't falsify but don't screw yourself by not using them when you should...if noone is at the dock and you have to walk to the office do a left at at the office...make sure you enter fuel in the diad if you get it...put an accurate return to building and leave building time stamp and if you have to double trip to building (many of us do at our center ) make sure u double trip in the board .

How do you do a "left at" for a single prerecorded stop?

Double trips give you a huge time allowance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You lose time on double trips (except for extra mileage). You only get credit for 1 left and return to building time.

Absolutely not-----you gain a lot of time by double tripping. I know that when I am dispatched light (under 8) I will make a sweep of my pickups and go back to the center (3 miles from UPS Store) to swap out package cars and it bumps my planned day well over 8 hours.

We have drivers who have double and triple trips built in to their day. They receive credit for each time they leave and come back to the center.

oldngray

nowhere special
Absolutely not-----you gain a lot of time by double tripping. I know that when I am dispatched light (under 8) I will make a sweep of my pickups and go back to the center (3 miles from UPS Store) to swap out package cars and it bumps my planned day well over 8 hours.

We have drivers who have double and triple trips built in to their day. They receive credit for each time they leave and come back to the center.

By double trip if you mean going back to get another package car I agree. You do get extra time for more than 1 vehicle. I was referring to returning to building to get more packages and going back out in the same vehicle. In that situation you definitely do lose time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

By double trip if you mean going back to get another package car I agree. You do get extra time for more than 1 vehicle. I was referring to returning to building to get more packages and going back out in the same vehicle. In that situation you definitely do lose time.

The time allowance for double tripping is the same whether you keep the same PC or swap it for a new one.