Company changing timecards

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by johnny Conroe, Dec 17, 2015.

1. johnny Conroe

johnny Conroe New Member

just wondering if other centers have problems with time card adjustments and taking time from drivers. I worked over 12 hours then noticed they next day report show 11.98 and then noticed 15 to 20 drivers at 11.98 and after talking to on car supervisor they said they had to take time from drivers and had made a list and we're going to put the time back. This has been ongoing problem. They said the division manager was riding them for over 12. I have talked to attorney and have been gathering info for over a year and it is done so much they even talk about doing it. Any tips or similar situations out there.

2. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Call the corp phone no in Atlanta and tell them that PUCO is getting the next call.
    You can give examples of drivers names that they falsified their DOT timecards and still be anonymous.
    Call from the building phone if you're afraid to be ID'd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

How about filing a grievance ?

Using your documented evidence, it's a win.

That is....

If a member has the cojones, to be a Teamster.

-Bug-

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Have you been shorted any paychecks?

5. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Filing a grievance is warranted. There's no denying that.

But deleting hrs off of a federal document is a huge PUCO issue and a phone call to corp may fix the issue quicker. Permanently, as pertains to the perpetrators.

I remembered what happened here and how it was rectified.
    Swiftly.

6. johnny Conroe

johnny Conroe New Member

Yes, time missing and changes made to make their numbers and sups admitting doing it. Thinking of taking legal action as I have to much info to just file grievance. Just curious if it goes on other places.

7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

:bsbullf: no member of management would freely admit to altering time punches to pretty their numbers. Not saying they don't do it....But admit to it? I don't buy your story.

8. rotorooter7

rotorooter7 New Member

We had the same problem at UPS Freight, Dallas, call wage and labour board, worked for us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. DOK

DOK Active Member

Lol, you're serious? It's called the honesty hotline, make some noise.

10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Whoa Whoa Whoa, you saying management altered numbers because of inability to meet a number on a report? Are you also accusing them of doing this for an extended period of time due to the downward pressure from their superiors? Are you also insinuating they have felt comfortable letting you know about this and you haven't brought this up to them but decided to lawyer up instead of simply asking them to stop altering your time card?

11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Sounds made up.

12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Either that or the poster is to afraid to do anything but added other things such as seeking legal council to make him seem less scared.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We received an ODS several weeks ago stating that any time card changes needed to be initialed by the employee.

14. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

I had a manager that used to do that. A few weeks after he got caught, I saw him at a pick up wearing an Airborne Express jacket.

15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

If UPS has to send out an ODS about it there must have been something shady going on.

16. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

What the hell do you need an attorney for ??????
    Document your lost wages and file a grievance.
    Call the hotline and your business agent at the union hall.
    You're calling a lawyer but you don't have the balls to tell them to stop doing it.
    This goes on for a year and you don't do nothing !!!!!!!
    No wonder they think they can get away with it, you have a center of creampuffs working there.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It was from our center manager, not Corporate.