Company no longer honoring 8 hr requests or 9.5 grievances

browned out

I have been threatened with the ride along again even when I am at 16.8 stops an hour. 165-170 stops a day driving 80 - 100 miles. I told the center manager I hope the ride is with someone much higher up than you; district manager or above. He just walked away as if I said the old "go away kid ya bother me"

BrownArmy

I think UPS is like the TITANIC...very slow and very hard to steer...

Such a large organization with so many people's finger's in the pie...when they realize (after hitting the iceberg) that the recent nonsense of Stops Per Car and Cutting Routes and Endless Add/Cuts is not only:

A. Not efficient in any sense of what efficient actually means: We are trained by the methods to be the most efficient ninja drivers ever, until our legs are cut off at the knees by bogus dispatches, add/cuts that didn't make the cut, driving so many miles and so many minutes to deliver that misload, driving fifteen miles to take fifteen stops, ETC. ETC...

B. Not helping UPS generate SALES LEADS: "Yes, hello, I'm extremely sorry to be delivering your packages at such an inopportune time, but you see, due to SPC, the routes that were cut, and the fact that the Add/cuts didn't actually make the cut, as well as the fact that your particular address (even though you ship with us regularly) is PAL'd consistently to the 8000 section of two or three different routes (it's a long story), it turns out I have no control over the fact that I'm delivering the packages you needed to create your shipments AFTER YOUR SCHEDULED PICK-UP TIME. Would you like to recommend us to your friends?

C. NOT ACTUALLY WORKING!!! Check it out, UPS Overlords, even though you are (I think, but have no actual idea) trying to evenly distribute the work by your Stops Per Car metric, it turns out, for example, that the person with 185 stops should just keep those stops, because it's a totally different route than the person with 105 stops. By giving the the 105-stop guy twenty stops from the 185-stop route, you just sent the 185-stop person home at 16:30 and gave the 105-stop person a good bit of overtime and a bunch of hassle to drive a lot of extra miles to deliver said amount of stops in what is likely the least efficient way possible.

Lord, I could go on and on and on.

It's like UPS doesn't care about service, gas and labor costs, or efficiency.

I'm up-to-date on my safety book though....

JonFrum

Not here, we have entirely different language. No 8.5hr crap, no understanding of completing his assignment, and nothing about events out of there control. But no penalty pay either,
The language I referenced is from the National Master Agreement. Are you in Local 710, and outside the National Master?