Complaints

DS

Fenderbender
One day about 3 weeks ago it was really cold and crispy.
Had a resi,obviously not home,1980's screen door,pull it to leave it behind the door and snap,
it broke off in my hand.Left an info notice,sorry,your door handle broke off from the cold.
She still phoned in a complaint.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One day about 3 weeks ago it was really cold and crispy.
Had a resi,obviously not home,1980's screen door,pull it to leave it behind the door and snap,
it broke off in my hand.Left an info notice,sorry,your door handle broke off from the cold.
She still phoned in a complaint.

Did u call the incident in? Lucky you weren't suspended or fired.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Had a lady come out of her house and say "your driving to loudly". I looked at her and replied "what are you talking about, it's not like I have my head out the door yelling right turn a head, coming to a stop!"

Most recent crazy complaint was about two years ago. A regular QVC lady called in one day and said the commotion I made in the act of my delivery caused her dogs to get riled up and caused them to run down her hall way subsequently causing them to crash into the wall damaging her dry wall. She said UPS was responsible for fixing her walls. That gave my management team and I a good chuckle. Funny thing is two days later I got a complaint about being to quiet at my deliveries. I just can't get it right.

S

serenity now

lady called in and said i must have taken the scratchoff lottery ticket from her desk that she was sitting at because it was no longer there * she called back 5 minutes later and said "Oh, I found it, nevermind" * next time i went in there i completed the delivery without a word, hooked the diad onto the clip, and as i was walking out i turned around and looked directly at her and held up two empty open hands with palms facing her and them turned them around * smiled and left * priceless

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Reported for no delivery attempt and bad service,for NOT taking a pkg to the lady's sister's house 4 towns away !!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
had one guy who was an S.O.B allll the time, so when he got an ADULT movie, I slightly opened it ,re taped it then left it with the neighbor LOL LOL LOL !! called and said I should no longer leave his stuff with neighbors,cuz his items are personal !! LOL LOL LOL

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Had a delivery once for a house in rural area that I was new to. There were 6 mailboxes by the side of the road, only 4 of which were marked, and two driveways heading up into the trees. Both driveways were half a mile long and had multiple unmarked splits in them; some were dead ends, some came out to a house with no number on it. Nothing was marked, no visible addresses anywhere, a complete maze in the deep dark forest. I spent 20 minutes driving around in there, lost in the dark, and couldnt find the consignee or a neighbor who could give directions, so I sheeted the pkg as "unable to locate" and left a notice on the guys mailbox asking for directions. The guy called in a complaint, saying "I always get my mail on time" and "the driver should have left it with one of my neighbors". Jerk. So....the next day, I was able to find a neighbor who would sign for the pkg, and when I left the delivery notice on the guys mailbox, instead of giving the name of the neighbor who I indirected it to, I simply wrote their address. He had to call in the next day and ask for directions to the address where I had indirected his package...because he couldnt find it. Paybacks are a bitch!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Besides the "Driver left note,never rang or knocked", whats the weirdest complaint you've gotten. My all timer is, "Driver must have been eating when he delivered package because I now have ants and mice" LOL. And yes,someone actually took that complaint.

This doesn't really count because it was a complaint I made:

I had an on-car supervisor deliver a package to me in his personal vehicle one time. I was taking out the trash when I see a pick-up truck stop in the middle of my street and back into my drive way. After he handed the box to me, it went a little like this:

"So, since when did you guys start delivering packages in pick-up trucks?"

"Oh, I'm a supervisor. I'm helping out my guys today."

"Really? Weren't we supposed to bid out more package jobs?"

He stopped talking, stared at me, and left. Filed the grievance when I got to the hub that day. :smart:

Last edited:

reydluap

MANY times in uniform I have been asked if I worked for FedEx. Alot of people are just stupid

Just the other day, I was walking into a local bank and met a Mexican couple with their heads down with a little boy following along. Out of the blue the kid pointed at me and statered screaming "I.N.S.!!! I.N.S.!!!!" . Everyone in the bank broke out in laughter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just had a customer throwing a fit that he wanted to know where his package was. It was supposed to come last Thursday. Since Thursday we have had 20+ inches of snow and rolled everything over two seperate times. Today i have over 300 stops in a p57. It was brick loaded to the ceiling and it still wouldnt all fit. If he had seen my load this morning he prob would of walked out and said no way. I just looked at him and said it may be awhile.

People really don't have the slightest clue what our day entails or how the system works.

Dang he already left. Just figured out I should of directed him to our Facebook page lol.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Just had a customer throwing a fit that he wanted to know where his package was. It was supposed to come last Thursday. Since Thursday we have had 20+ inches of snow and rolled everything over two seperate times. I just looked at him and said it may be awhile.

People really don't have the slightest clue what our day entails or how the system works.

Dang he already left. Just figured out I should of directed him to our Facebook page lol.
Just had a carpenter friend tell me I had it easy. My father was a carpenter. He says I don't.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I deliver to this house and the dog will piss on the pkgs that I leave if they don't come to get them fast enough but she never complains. The entire porch has dog urine stains all over it.
I used to deliver to this house in an upscale gated community. The front of the house had a gated patio area that the owners obviously let their dog use for a toilet and they never cleaned it. I refuse to deliver to the front door. DISGUSTING

Justaname

I used to deliver to this house in an upscale gated community. The front of the house had a gated patio area that the owners obviously let their dog use for a toilet and they never cleaned it. I refuse to deliver to the front door. DISGUSTING
There's a house I delivered to all peak season that you could smell as soon as you pulled into the Culdesac. Hold your breathe and run.

curiousbrain

Not a driver, so maybe not as funny.

The center I am employed in services an Ivy League school, the cream of the crop. So, I am covering for the OMS one day, taking phone calls, and the call I answer at this particular time is a young girl (I can tell by her voice), who sounds very distraught. The driver attempted delivery, it was a NI1, and she is literally crying on the phone because she needs this package.

Being inexperienced and naive (there I saved you the trouble of telling me), I told her I would contact the driver and let her know; took her phone number, the whole nine. I talk to the driver, he says he banged on the door, rang the bell, went through all the motions. So, now the damsel in distress wants a meet for the driver; I tell her it's not really how we do things, on and on. Finally, I give in, talk to the driver, find out when he will be stopped for a bit, and give the consignee a meet point.

Several days later, run into the driver, asked him how it went. He told me it was shoes, and still gives me sarcastic attitude when I see him.

I hate people.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not a driver, so maybe not as funny.

The center I am employed in services an Ivy League school, the cream of the crop. So, I am covering for the OMS one day, taking phone calls, and the call I answer at this particular time is a young girl (I can tell by her voice), who sounds very distraught. The driver attempted delivery, it was a NI1, and she is literally crying on the phone because she needs this package.

Being inexperienced and naive (there I saved you the trouble of telling me), I told her I would contact the driver and let her know; took her phone number, the whole nine. I talk to the driver, he says he banged on the door, rang the bell, went through all the motions. So, now the damsel in distress wants a meet for the driver; I tell her it's not really how we do things, on and on. Finally, I give in, talk to the driver, find out when he will be stopped for a bit, and give the consignee a meet point.

Several days later, run into the driver, asked him how it went. He told me it was shoes, and still gives me sarcastic attitude when I see him.

I hate people.
May as well get used to it, you're damned if ya do and damned if ya don't.