Complaints

thessalonian13

Besides the "Driver left note,never rang or knocked", whats the weirdest complaint you've gotten. My all timer is, "Driver must have been eating when he delivered package because I now have ants and mice" LOL. And yes,someone actually took that complaint.
I got a national complaint from a lady for leaving her car tires by her garage door in the rain. They got wet and she claimed they were now ruined and wanted UPS to pay the claim. LOL

Bad Gas!

I ran over and killed a small dog around 10 years back. This small dog got out of it's back yard and chased me several times a week in a old small neighborhood..Anyway, I put the dead dog in a DR bag and took it to the owners door and explained that the dog got out again and I hit it...The lady called in a complaint saying that I said I had finally hit the dog...I went back real quick and cleared it up...Because nobody feels worst than me when I have killed a family's pet..

I once made a delivery to a bakery in a two story house, and the family that owned the bakery lived upstairs. It was a cod, the father gave me a check, signed his name and I left. The next morning, he called in to say he never received the package. When they asked him why he signed for the package, he said the driver forged my signature. When they asked him why he wrote a check for a package he never received, he said the driver must have gone upstairs and stole my checkbook.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not a driver, so maybe not as funny.

The center I am employed in services an Ivy League school, the cream of the crop. So, I am covering for the OMS one day, taking phone calls, and the call I answer at this particular time is a young girl (I can tell by her voice), who sounds very distraught. The driver attempted delivery, it was a NI1, and she is literally crying on the phone because she needs this package.

Being inexperienced and naive (there I saved you the trouble of telling me), I told her I would contact the driver and let her know; took her phone number, the whole nine. I talk to the driver, he says he banged on the door, rang the bell, went through all the motions. So, now the damsel in distress wants a meet for the driver; I tell her it's not really how we do things, on and on. Finally, I give in, talk to the driver, find out when he will be stopped for a bit, and give the consignee a meet point.

Several days later, run into the driver, asked him how it went. He told me it was shoes, and still gives me sarcastic attitude when I see him.

I hate people.

But, was she hot?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Or the victoria secret that gets stolen. That had to be there by 1030. WTH. Getting frisky by 1030, and it didnt work out so well, so want their hundred bucks back?

nocturnalbuck

I delivered a pkg to a front door, rang the doorbell and started walking back to the truck. A guy came out and started hollering at me..."why do you people have to ALWAYS ring my doorbell??" He said he was an EMT and he sleeps during the day. After I told him that's what we are trained to do I said, "most people would put a note near the doorbell, please don't ring" he was obviously stunned of how dumb he sounded at that point.

Ms.PacMan

I had a lady scream at me last peak for delivering her Christmas present (no exterior box - just a Kitchenaid mixer box). "It's my Christmas present from my husband. What he :censored2: is wrong with you. You've ruined my Christmas......" She went on and on and was still screaming when I left.

Her neighbor up the block called in a complaint because I left a delivery notice on her front door, inside her porch. She said I invaded her personal space.

Had a guy threaten to charge "the driver" with trespassing for leaving his NDA letter inside the garage walk-in door (right inside, I never even stepped foot in the garage) When asked "So you want to charge her with trespassing?" He said, "Her? No, I like my driver. I'm pretty sure it must have been a guy who delivered". He's so wacko that he's a sig re'q now.

wornoutupser

Not mine personally but still funny-

One of my fellow drivers had a complaint called in that he had "shot my pet turkey in the eyes with his laser (diad) and blinded him! NO JOKE!

Customer wanted $100.00 for the turkey! didnt get it either!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had a lady scream at me last peak for delivering her Christmas present (no exterior box - just a Kitchenaid mixer box). "It's my Christmas present from my husband. What he :censored2: is wrong with you. You've ruined my Christmas......" She went on and on and was still screaming when I left.

It always amazes me that all the toys for the young kids that still believe all come with huge pictures on the side.

Makes our jobs a pain in the rear.

S

serenity now

finding out about a freakin' mixer ruined her Christmas? * c'mon * it wasn't tickets for a 2 week getaway to a romantic island; it was a kitchen machine * if that gem of knowledge ruined her Christmas, then her life is already in the toilet *

you were just the most convenient victim for her vitriolic outburst * tomorrow will be the bag boy at Wegmans * next day somebody at a toll booth ......................

menotyou

bella amicizia
finding out about a freakin' mixer ruined her Christmas? * c'mon * it wasn't tickets for a 2 week getaway to a romantic island; it was a kitchen machine * if that gem of knowledge ruined her Christmas, then her life is already in the toilet *

you were just the most convenient victim for her vitriolic outburst * tomorrow will be the bag boy at Wegmans * next day somebody at a toll booth ......................
My last mixer cost $339+tax(s&h free). Yes, it was a Today's Special VAlue from QVC. It's the 6 qt pro model. I'd be freaking out if someone bought mine for me as a gift.
That's not a hint. I have two, now. :happy-very:

The bag boy at Wegman's is kinda cute. I could teach him a thing or two. :winks:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My last mixer cost $339+tax(s&h free). Yes, it was a Today's Special VAlue from QVC. It's the 6 qt pro model. I'd be freaking out if someone bought mine for me as a gift.
That's not a hint. I have two, now. :happy-very:

The bag boy at Wegman's is kinda cute. I could teach him a thing or two. :winks:
Tell him easy with the Melons,But don't separate the eggs !!! LOL