Completly disgusted!!!

New Englander

I agree with Passyouby. I would look up the packages and get them delivered.

ALSO, management has told us to carry a phone book, and look stuff up if the address is wrong.

Why bring them back so someone else has to look it up?

If it's an incorrect address it's revenue.

DS

Fenderbender
P.S --- This is exactly why I haven't posted in a long while. All, I saw was that people were arguing back and forth. Because of BS like this that people always find ways to beat another co-worker down. Seems like its contagious at UPS sometimes.So I stay away from the people that are bickering and arguing in the morning.!
HEY PYB please dont get all jaded about coming here and posting.
Its just like real life in here ,you see people every day doing and saying things thst just make you shake your head,well its bound to happen in here too.There is bound to be differences of opinion with such a huge gathering of upsers in one place.We miss your creativity,and wisdom.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
On the bright side My center manager called me tonight at 845 to see how things were going. I was kinda nervous at first,(you know answering the phone while driving) but he was very positive and it really was a bright spot to a completely crappy day.

First of all I'm assuming that was 845pm. If that's the case I would have answered and then hung up on him. If he was truly concerned the call and some help would have come much earlier.

Secondly in the state I live in it is not illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving. The contract clearly states local laws will apply when using a cell phone while operating a UPS vehicle. So unless it's illegal in the state you work in there is nothing to be nervous about when you answer your after dark, bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:, courtesy call from your Center Facilitator. I call him that as he isn't afforded the authority to manage anything but the stacks of reports on his desk. They don't manage. They facilitate whatever mandates that come down from the pencil-neck, laptop toting geeks in the ivory tower.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
HEY PYB please dont get all jaded about coming here and posting.
Its just like real life in here ,you see people every day doing and saying things thst just make you shake your head,well its bound to happen in here too.There is bound to be differences of opinion with such a huge gathering of upsers in one place.We miss your creativity,and wisdom.

Thanks DS. I shook it off like most things at work. I do like to hear other peoples opinions, but it seems that its the same people all the time always rock the boat (Just like the real world). The only good thing about being in here is that I can always go to a different thread and read something else instead of looking at the same ol' BS.
Your right, no need for me to get jaded about most things. I have alot of respect for the majority of people in here and I do like to hear others opinions. There will ALWAYS be people in here that I guarantee you I will read there posts and take it in. And then there are others that I could care less if they post at all. (Not many, but some).
As many of you know that I'm not one to post long drawn out posts, I usually use visualizations :happy-very: and for the most part I stick to not so serious threads. Thats just me and I try not to take life to serious -- Its too short.
Anyways, tomorrows a new day and hopefully I will wake up to do it all again in the morning.

DS

Fenderbender
good question pyb what is the correct procedure in diad4 to make an address correction in the board so that the accounting dept will bill them accordingly? Is there such an option?

I think it does bring in revenue...We used to get gift cards for add. corr. in the board. At the time it was 5 bux for each one.

rocket man

up state nyer you must be the only driver in your hub center what ever . Every time some one dose a post you have what ever it is on your route . You my hero.:surprised:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think it does bring in revenue...We used to get gift cards for add. corr. in the board. At the time it was 5 bux for each one.
Correct, Ups gets 5 to ten and we get another .10 late as we get no credit for the effort.

atatbl

We are not detectives, we deliver packages to the address given.

lol. It is actually funny that we really do pretty extraordinary things to make a delivery on some stops. Like going through the mail box, calling to hear ringing, etc., etc.

Your comment just brings to light how much we do to make a stop sometimes.

atatbl

up state nyer you must be the only driver in your hub center what ever . Every time some one dose a post you have what ever it is on your route . You my hero.:surprised:

Upstate is a great poster. But, this made me spit water out I was laughing so hard.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Judging from your posts, I would think that anyone who can spell and put 2 words together would be your hero.

Oh, if I could only get you for my helper, just for one peak. Hell, even for just one day. You wouldn't last until lunch.

New Englander

You guys also know that designating the over 70 in your board as over 70 will get you additional time allotment?

I don't do the address corrections in the board. I let ECS do it. If a customer uses an incorrect address. You go to that address like the college example and they will not take it. It get's NSP and goes to ECS.

I was at the place the shipper wanted it sent to. They didn't want it and wanted it delivered elsewhere. I'm fine with that but it's not happening that day.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How does one designate an over 70 as such on the board?

Ironically they make it as hard as possible (on purpose?). After you scan the package and identify it as an over 70, you must now big arrow up, back to the address screen. Then you hit the shift key and hit the far left "soft key" labeled "special". From there you little arrow up to the over 70 line and enter the number of over 70's you have for that stop. Then big arrow up, big arrow down, and your are back to the package screen to finish scanning the stop. You probably get an extra 7 seconds to execute this 10 second process.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I don't do the address corrections in the board. I let ECS do it. If a customer uses an incorrect address. You go to that address like the college example and they will not take it. It get's NSP and goes to ECS.

So, if the package was going to you personally and it was important paperwork and the shipper put the incorrect address on it, you would sheet it up as NSN/NSP? I don't believe you would, so why would you do it to someone else, knowing darn well you know where it goes. All it takes is a little effort to look something up or make a quick phone call.

Why would I want to add more send agains to myself or even the next driver the next day?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Judging from your posts, I would think that anyone who can spell and put 2 words together would be your hero.

Oh, if I could only get you for my helper, just for one peak. Hell, even for just one day. You wouldn't last until lunch.
That is somewhat misleading as many people do not eat lunch at 5:00 p.m. I hope you do not require your helper to work for an hour off the clock each morning as well.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Loaders do not need your hands, only your help. Your start time is when you get in the truck to go to work, any issues with your load will not get fixed by you going in for years on your own time to fix it. I was a loader, now I am a driver. Stay outta the way. You are stealing their time to make your day better. They load, you deliver it. If its wrong drag a sup by the tie off to the side and make an appointment with him/her to fix it. That is how it works. Im so sick of people massaging their loads, the sups see it and send the loader home, while your stupid butt is working for free. Whatever is in my truck in the AM is mine and I have all day to figure it out. And I see it at start time. And I get there at 1 minute to start time. I spend enough time in the truck, Im not spending a minute more than I am paid to.
Now if we can get everybody to understand that they should not be in their trucks before start time, we may get somewhere. It is like this everywhere, unfortunately. There is always a few that think they will be in trouble if they do not donate time every day. I doubt it will ever stop.