Compressors, Petcocks and Workshop Conditions

P

pickup

Re: It doesnt surprise me. . .

Here's mine! (Excuse the dust)

Canoe001.jpg

Bought it at Wal-Mart in 97 or 98 I think. 20 gallon, 5 hp. Made in the USA.
I've had to replace only one part on it, the petcalk valve to drain the tank. Cost less than a buck.

Way to go hijacking the thread!!!!

in that red cabinet , are those chilton manuals? If so, that's a lot, you must know how to work on cars.

it's a peacock valve, right? not a petcalk. Wanna beat upstate to the punch

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

in that red cabinet , are those chilton manuals? If so, that's a lot, you must know how to work on cars.

Peacock, petcalk--wouldn't know either one if you set them both in front of me. I am NOT a car guy.

P

pickup

Peacock, petcalk--wouldn't know either one if you set them both in front of me. I am NOT a car guy.

I just looked it up, we were both right and both wrong , it is a petcock valve, and since it might have been a typo on his part, benefit of doubt goes to over95

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

That is minimal compared to the Chiltons, Harley, and many other manuals that we have in the garage.

And I wish I had caught the petcalk/peacock typo earlier! RATS!:wink2:

over9five

Staff member

Have to buy one every time I get an old car!!!

I just looked it up, we were both right and both wrong , it is a petcock valve, and since it might have been a typo on his part, benefit of doubt goes to over95

<sigh> I'll fess up. Wasn't a typo....

That is minimal compared to the Chiltons, Harley, and many other manuals that we have in the garage.

<ahem> Some people need more help than others! LOLOLOLOL!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
garage 017.jpg
Here's a pic of some of the manuals. LOL Nice Over! If you ever need anything I will keep this in mind!

garage 020.jpg
Our disaster of a garage!
garage 017.jpg
garage 020.jpg

Either way most of us knew what he was talking about.
Over9five +1
detractors 0

wkmac

All this "petcock" talk makes me wonder when the PC crowd will kill this term. You think I'm being funny but I'll give you a fact. The electric motor has a wiring box on it's side and is called a "peckerhead" as for the 30 plus years I've being doing industrial maintenance, it's always been called that. A few months ago, I was talking with my PE District manager about an issue when I referred to the motor "peckerhead" at which time he informed me that this term was no longer accepted and I should reframe from using it. He gave me some other name to call it but hell with that. I'm calling it a peckerhead until it reaches critical mass. And BTW, this manager thought it was silly too but his warning was for me to just look out for the company PC types.

The future of the petcock may be headed for the same. You've been warned!
:happy-very:

the term peckerhead should now be used for who ever it was that decided the term should no longer be applied to the eclectic motors.

Dagoof

Have you looked around for a motor rewinding shop who might be able to do this for less? Not as plentiful as they once were :sad-little: but some are still around. They might be able to help you out.

Yeah I was going to check into that before I get a new one

JustTired

free at last.......

Here's mine! (Excuse the dust)

Canoe001.jpg

Bought it at Wal-Mart in 97 or 98 I think. 20 gallon, 5 hp. Made in the USA.
I've had to replace only one part on it, the petcalk valve to drain the tank. Cost less than a buck.

Way to go hijacking the thread!!!!

Hey.....I want to play!!!

I see an old car battery, a propane tank, windshield washer fluid, a 5 gal. bucket, possibly a cat litter container (behind bucket), a reel with 50-100 foot of extension cord, a generator with a briggs & stratton motor, handle of a vise, and maybe a stand for a fan.

How did I do?

over9five

Staff member

Hey.....I want to play!!!

I see an old car battery, a propane tank, windshield washer fluid, a 5 gal. bucket, possibly a cat litter container (behind bucket), a reel with 50-100 foot of extension cord, a generator with a briggs & stratton motor, handle of a vise, and maybe a stand for a fan.

How did I do?

Uhhh....not bad. No cat litter container, and no fan stand.
I give you a B+!