Computer Help...

oldngray

nowhere special
I am getting locked out of web sites, the site opens but that's it. I ran my Anti Spyware and still nothing.

What browser are you using and what firewalls? Possibly something is blocking scripts on those sites. You might try open in new tab if the initial page won't load. Or clear your cache (which solves a world of issues).

T

Turdferguson

Try smacking ti a couple of times. Works with the old backing monitors

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Run your antivirus see what that does. Or download an antimalware program like malwarebytes(free edition) and see what that does. You can always do a system restore also to known date of computer running good with no errors. You should put the system restore on your desktop so its easy to get too.

oldngray

nowhere special
Run your antivirus see what that does. Or download an antimalware program like malwarebytes(free edition) and see what that does. You can always do a system restore also to known date of computer running good with no errors. You should put the system restore on your desktop so its easy to get too.

CCleaner is also good (and free) for clearing junk out of your computer. Malwarebytes digs deeper into the system but takes longer to scan . I frequently run CCleaner and only occasionally run Malwarebytes.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I always use a solid state drive also only for my operating system and program files and use a regular hard drive for storage. A lot faster than your pc going from a to z and back to a to retrieve information also. Also a good idea to partition your hard drive into a couple if you only have 1 physical hard drive also.

oldngray

nowhere special
Partition is very easily done with Win 8.1 and almost as easy with Win 7. I also use an external drive for backups and system recovery. Plus a simpler recovery if I boot from a USB stick.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Partition is very easily done with Win 8.1 and almost as easy with Win 7. I also use an external drive for backups and system recovery. Plus a simpler recovery if I boot from a USB stick.
Havent seen he need to go to windows 8 really. Not sure how I feel about it lol. That would be another operating system to have to go out and buy and their not cheap. Who am I fooling I don't pay for operating systems anyway lol, I just use a bootleg version and use windows loader to activate it lol. Have never paid for any operating systems or programs. Why pay when you can get them for free. Still rocking the windows 7 ultimate on all my computers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Havent seen he need to go to windows 8 really. Not sure how I feel about it lol. That would be another operating system to have to go out and buy and their not cheap. Who am I fooling I don't pay for operating systems anyway lol, I just use a bootleg version and use windows loader to activate it lol. Have never paid for any operating systems or programs. Why pay when you can get them for free. Still rocking the windows 7 ultimate on all my computers.

Win 8 sucks. 8.1 is slightly better but just install Classic Shell and its almost like Win 7. If you already have 7 you have no reason to upgrade. The last computer I bought came with 8 which turned me off but was cheaper for its hardware specs because few people wanted a Win 8 computer. I still have an older computer with Win 7 I use as a media center. I even debated installing Linux and tried out several distros and while they are OK (and free) there are still things you can only do with Windows.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Win 8 sucks. 8.1 is slightly better but just install Classic Shell and its almost like Win 7. If you already have 7 you have no reason to upgrade. The last computer I bought came with 8 which turned me off but was cheaper for its hardware specs because few people wanted a Win 8 computer. I still have an older computer with Win 7 I use as a media center. I even debated installing Linux and tried out several distros and while they are OK (and free) there are still things you can only do with Windows.
Same here with the Linux. It was just ok. Not as much a resource hog as windows but still easier and more familiar with windows no doubt and more programs match up better with windows than Linux.

oldngray

nowhere special
Thanks for all the help, actually the web site is www.challengerforumz.com , I have windows 8, I was running the Norton that came on it I never renewed it, I have Anti virus Spy ware. aybe the site is down, every other site I go to there is no problem....

I sometimes have problems with Norton and Win 8.1 where updates mess up something. I re-install Norton and then its fine. I don't have that problem with Norton and Win 7 so I think it is only a Norton issue with 8.1.