Computer Help...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I sometimes have problems with Norton and Win 8.1 where updates mess up something. I re-install Norton and then its fine. I don't have that problem with Norton and Win 7 so I think it is only a Norton issue with 8.1.
I don't like Norton, too much of a resource hog. I like the avast free. Not too resource heavy at all.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't like Norton, too much of a resource hog. I like the avast free. Not too resource heavy at all.

Norton was really bloated for a while but that is straightened out now and it is very similar to Avast. I would choose Avast if I didn't already have Norton and may switch anyway next year.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Norton was really bloated for a while but that is straightened out now and it is very similar to Avast. I would choose Avast if I didn't already have Norton and may switch anyway next year.
I remember when Norton was so resource heavy, sucked for sure lol.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Microsoft's current version of windows defender works well, and it's free. Their previous security suite was a disaster.

NOD 32 is really good, but it's not free and I found it a little tricky to configure. It has been a couple of years since I used it so it may be different now.

Norton used to be known as a bloated resource hog. I have heard that they trimmed it down because of all of the complaints.

Microsoft's current version of windows defender works well, and it's free. Their previous security suite was a disaster.

NOD 32 is really good, but it's not free and I found it a little tricky to configure. It has been a couple of years since I used it so it may be different now.

Norton used to be known as a bloated resource hog. I have heard that they trimmed it down because of all of the complaints.
I have used Trend Micro,for years. Even on my phone. Never a problem!

oldngray

nowhere special
Kaspersky is good but I just never liked it as much. I do have Avast free running on an old Win XP computer and like it. Trend I heard is good but I never tried it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Lets see,what your wife says!..LMFAO
fFR_ThinkThatsFunny.jpg
lol