Condolences to the Fedex family

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hate to hear when anybody loses their life doing the same thing that I do for a living. RIP fellow driver.

FedEx driver killed in Irving freeway crash identified | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I hate to hear when anybody loses their life doing the same thing that I do for a living. RIP fellow driver.

FedEx driver killed in Irving freeway crash identified | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Same here. Your link wouldn't open. Another FedEx driver (Ground) was killed in an accident on Friday in Washington State. No further details. Thanks for caring.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I got the link open today. That's 2 Ground drivers in a couple of days....very sad. As someone else pointed out, all it takes is a split-second and it's all over. Please consider this when you're cutting corners on safety to make Fred his 10%...it is NOT worth it.

Glorifiedpackmule

The driver killed in the original link was killed by a drunk driver. It was a few years ago in the Dallas metro district. The drunk driver crossed a freeway median and hit the ground truck head on at 70mph. The other truck was airborne at the time of impact. Didn't even catch the FDX truck's front number. Driver of the FDX never stood a chance. Very Sad.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, I didn't originally notice the date the Dallas accident, I got the link from a Fedex driver in Washington State that I know. Still sad to hear about things like this.

DontThrowPackages

Thank you scratch for the post. Makes it even sadder to see him with his family. It would be nice if the company would at least acknowledge the death of our drivers nationwide.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The driver killed in the original link was killed by a drunk driver. It was a few years ago in the Dallas metro district. The drunk driver crossed a freeway median and hit the ground truck head on at 70mph. The other truck was airborne at the time of impact. Didn't even catch the FDX truck's front number. Driver of the FDX never stood a chance. Very Sad.

I was about to say that story looked really familiar, and the WFAA link (local D/FW ABC affiliate) was dated 2010. Still a sad state of affairs for all involved.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was about to say that story looked really familiar, and the WFAA link (local D/FW ABC affiliate) was dated 2010. Still a sad state of affairs for all involved.

This will probably get me in trouble, but WTH. If a FedEx driver gets killed, there is little mention of it except at the local level. If a FedEx pilot gets killed, it's kind of like when Princess Diana died. There were ceremonies, flyovers, and even the exalted Smith himself when the two pilots were fatally injured in Japan a couple of years ago. This should illustrate to you where we stand in the FedEx pecking order.

DontThrowPackages

This will probably get me in trouble, but WTH. If a FedEx driver gets killed, there is little mention of it except at the local level. If a FedEx pilot gets killed, it's kind of like when Princess Diana died. There were ceremonies, flyovers, and even the exalted Smith himself when the two pilots were fatally injured in Japan a couple of years ago. This should illustrate to you where we stand in the FedEx pecking order.
Sometimes words don't convey the truth but actions always do.

CJinx

Blame your local management for that. Our senior manager usually brings it up in a staff meeting when a fatality occurs somewhere in the company.