confederate flag?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think there's a ton of southerners (myself included) that see it as a symbol of southern pride. Nothing more.

I don't fly it simply because of how I'm affraid other's would view it. Your opinion in a very popular one.

I don't have a problem with Southern pride. I may not have been born here, but I was raised here. That being said, the Confederate flag causes actual fear in some Black people to this day. I don't feel that it is PC to expect people to not fly it. BUT, everyone has the right to fly it if they so choose.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They should have banned it long ago for use by state governments. Seeing the flag makes me very uncomfortable, but I don't think it should be banned for everyone. If an idiot wants to fly it in his yard, he should be able to.

The ultimate irony of psycho Ruth is that his actions have actually advanced racial dialogue as opposed to starting the race war he wanted. Fly your silly rebel flag all you want at-home, but it isn't proper to display it in public, especially at government offices. I live in a non-Southern state that is pretty liberal, and we still have retards with jacked-up 4X4s parading around with huge Confederate flags.

BS on the "rebel spirit" argument. The Confederacy ceased to exist in 1865, yet it lives on with the morons who have a romanticized and/or racist view of the South.

Let's all assert our rights and burn the Confederate flag, if you can even buy one to torch. Retailers and politicians are running away from it as fast as they can.

The South lost. Get over it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Like it or not, the Confederacy is a defeated enemy of the United States of America. In that light, states flying the Confederate flag seems highly unsavory. Also, whether the Civil War had much or little to do with slavery, the treatment of blacks after the war proved how entrenched slavery was and how the Confederacy resented black sovereignty. That remained for decades and, fair or not, is woven into the flag for many Americans.

Part of that was due to bitterness over Reconstruction and how southerners were treated. To the victors belong the spoils but the North created many problems with their tactics.

bbsam

Staff member
Part of that was due to bitterness over Reconstruction and how southerners were treated. To the victors belong the spoils but the North created many problems with their tactics.
Bitterness? If I remember correctly, there were a fair number of Lincoln's generals who wanted the South demolished. They thought the "tactics" far too lenient. In short, the South got off light.

Sportello

Yeah, like dismantling SLAVERY and giving Blacks a voice. The horror. I'm sure it was as bad as being a SLAVE.

Maybe if a Southern sympathizer had not murdered Lincoln, things would have been better. I dunno.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think there's a ton of southerners (myself included) that see it as a symbol of southern pride. Nothing more.

I don't fly it simply because of how I'm affraid other's would view it. Your opinion in a very popular one.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435104314.935221.jpg

T

Turdferguson

Bitterness? If I remember correctly, there were a fair number of Lincoln's generals who wanted the South demolished. They thought the "tactics" far too lenient. In short, the South got off light.
The economic infrastructure was demolished, rights removed from citizens, military occupation. Tend to create bitterness.

bbsam

Staff member
The economic infrastructure was demolished, rights removed from citizens, military occupation. Tend to create bitterness.
It was the South that seceded and the North had far more casualties. Plenty of bitterness to go around. The South got off light.

T

Turdferguson

It was the South that seceded and the North had far more casualties. Plenty of bitterness to go around. The South got off light.
North had more casualties because all the generals were southern. Northern industry is what caused south to loose. The cultural and economic devastation they endured didn't seem too light to the people that endured it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
North had more casualties because all the generals were southern. Northern industry is what caused south to loose. The cultural and economic devastation they endured didn't seem too light to the people that endured it.
Cinco de mayo helped the north also.

Kept France from setting up shop in Mexico and supplying the south.