confederate flag?

BrownArmy

palin-fb-post.jpg

Again, not going to fact-check Sarah Palin.

And, I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you this, but that battle-flag was retired at the end of the Civil War.

It was only brought up again in the 1960's, in response to the Civil Rights movement.

And you wonder why black people have such a visceral response to that flag.

Attaching that flag to Planned Parenthood is...oblique, and beside the point at hand.

bbsam

Staff member
I, unlike the black thug animals in that video, am just a law abiding citizen. I don't go looking for a fight and don't want a fight. But I'm damn well prepared to defend myself, my property, and my rights.

So you are suggesting that I go looking for someone to blow away? Are you drunk?

What Brownslave688 said.
Are you saying that the driver with the Confederate flag was looking for a fight? What was he? Drunk?

BrownArmy

White-Frame.

(NY-Times article, I think anyone can access up to 10? articles a month before they ask you to be a subscriber, etc...)

TLDR: White people have no idea about 'white privilege', and carry on with all their conversations about 'race' within a framework built upon white privilege.

It's a pickle, no doubt.

Last edited:

tourists24

Who said they would be? True question. Who said that race relations would suddenly be better?
Why wouldn't it be? Removal of that flag was supposedly disposing of a symbol of hate. That had to be good for race relations right?

I just found it ironic because what we actually had as the REAL story was ignored because of this whole thing, not to mention a true chance to get some hope of actual healing and understanding. Here we had a church and community that handled things beautifully, showing true love and understanding. I feel like there was a real chance to get something positive out of it. But instead the whole conversation got steered to the whole flag thing and turned it to what it is now. The flag was a diversion and seems to have worked to incite more negatives.

bbsam

Staff member
Ahhh,,, good to see race relations are so much better now that that damned flag was brought down in SC....
Ya know, I threw out the strippers thong and even sprayed Febreze on the sheets and scrubbed most of her makeup out of the pillow and STILL my wife is upset! WTF IS WITH WOMEN ANYWAY?!?!

bbsam

Staff member
Why wouldn't it be? Removal of that flag was supposedly disposing of a symbol of hate. That had to be good for race relations right?

I just found it ironic because what we actually had as the REAL story was ignored because of this whole thing, not to mention a true chance to get some hope of actual healing and understanding. Here we had a church and community that handled things beautifully, showing true love and understanding. I feel like there was a real chance to get something positive out of it. But instead the whole conversation got steered to the whole flag thing and turned it to what it is now. The flag was a diversion and seems to have worked to incite more negatives.
Maybe both were steps to a "more perfect union". To suggest that we were only one small step away is a ridiculous strawman argument that's been helping to cloud the issue. The South Carolina flag issue didn't just come up recently. It's been years in coming to this conclusion.

MAKAVELI

And yet people like you and OUT continue to defend and display, in spite of, the very thing you say has distracted everyone from the real story. Talk about being a hypocrite.;)

tourists24

Maybe both were steps to a "more perfect union". To suggest that we were only one small step away is a ridiculous strawman argument that's been helping to cloud the issue. The South Carolina flag issue didn't just come up recently. It's been years in coming to this conclusion.
Never suggested that we were one step away. But I think that focusing on that community and the leaders/people in that community could have accomplished so much more than practically ditching that side and focusing everything on the flag issue.

bbsam

Staff member
Never suggested that we were one step away. But I think that focusing on that community and the leaders/people in that community could have accomplished so much more than practically ditching that side and focusing everything on the flag issue.
What more could have been accomplished?

tourists24

And yet people like you and OUT continue to defend and display, in spite of, the very thing you say has distracted everyone from the real story. Talk about being a hypocrite.;)
I could care less what you think anymore stops. You aren't interested in any kind of resolution that doesn't involve anything but "your way or the highway". You're a bigot yourself. My support of the flag has nothing to do with hate. And if SC felt it necessary to bring down the flag then fine, all politics that will actually solve nothing. Just makes people like you feel better.

bbsam

Staff member
We'll never know now BB.... that's my point. You don't think that if more focus would have been directed there instead of how it played out, things would have turned out better? At all?
No. That community needed to heal from the inside out and that is what it is doing. Can't really call in FEMA or the National Guard.