confederate flag?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
confederate-Kanye.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

The Rebel Flag obviously means one thing to certain whites and another to other whites. The flag shouldn't be banned or hidden because of the negative views of others. And another thing.....why now? Because a kid that went bonkers uses it the wrong way? Mass shootings in this country typically happen in gun free zones. It's gun free zones that should be banned. Not flags.

Sportello

Kanye just takin' a fool's money.

“React how you want. Any energy you got is good energy. You know the confederate flag represented slavery in a way -- that's my abstract take on what I know about it. So I made the song ‘New Slaves.’ So I took the Confederate flag and made it my flag. It's my flag now. Now what are you going to do?”

The Rebel Flag obviously means one thing to certain whites and another to other whites. The flag shouldn't be banned or hidden because of the negative views of others. And another thing.....why now? Because a kid that went bonkers uses it the wrong way? Mass shootings in this country typically happen in gun free zones. It's gun free zones that should be banned. Not flags.

The Mother Emmanuel murders are not about guns, they are about race. Why do you interject guns into a discussion about the backlash of the Mother Emmanuel murders? He was a legal gun owner, and he wasn't a kid, he was a terrorist.

The flag represents one thing, no matter the excuses made by revisionists. Put in in your home, just don't fly it on public grounds.

Overpaid Union Thug

The Mother Emmanuel murders are not about guns, they are about race. Why do you interject guns into a discussion about the backlash of the Mother Emmanuel murders? He was a legal gun owner, and he wasn't a kid, he was a terrorist.

It is the anti rebel flag whackos that have interjected something into the equation. Not me. The flag issue was virtually dead until the shooting. That means you people think that the flag had anything to do with the murders. It didn't. And even if it did then that's on him. Everyone else that supports the flag for what it really is shouldn't suffer the consequences.

The flag represents one thing, no matter the excuses made by revisionists. Put in in your home, just don't fly it on public grounds.

You don't have the right to define something for everyone else. Get off of your high horse and go read a history book that wasn't written by liberals.

Sportello

You're a fast reader.
Yes, and it was a short article.

I found this interesting:

"You know, the symbolism is totally lost on them, but for us it's quite a contrast," Levine says.

Despite being a very mixed-race country, Levine says that the killings in Charleston are being seen in Brazil as more of a gun safety issue than a racial issue.

"When they see an event like what happened in South Carolina last week, they wonder if it's really so much better in the United States, safety-wise."

Sportello

It is the anti rebel flag whackos that have interjected something into the equation. Not me. The flag issue was virtually dead until the shooting. That means you people think that the flag had anything to do with the murders. It didn't. And even if it did then that's on him. Everyone else that supports the flag for what it really is shouldn't suffer the consequences.
You don't have the right to define something for everyone else. Get off of your high horse and go read a history book that wasn't written by liberals.

"anti rebel flag whackos"?
You mean anyone opposed to the idea of slavery?
"supports the flag for what it really is"? A symbol of white superiority?
"read a history book that wasn't written by liberals"? Can you recommend one?

542thruNthru

"anti rebel flag whackos"? You mean anyone opposed to the idea of slavery?
"supports the flag for what it really is"? A symbol of white superiority?
"read a history book that wasn't written by liberals"? Can you recommend one?

Let's ban that slavery flag!!

I'd also like to purpose a ban on all white sheets! I'm haunted by the images of those white sheets!! Oh and the cross! Oh and fire!

Oh and cotton!!! DOWN WITH COTTON!!!:grrr::madashell:

BrownArmy

...Everyone else that supports the flag for what it really is shouldn't suffer the consequences...

There's the rub though. What it 'means' to one person is 180 degrees from what it means for another.

If a citizen wants to fly the Confederate flag, by all means, they should be able to do so.

But IMO, it needs to come down from Government buildings.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How about we understand what it means, using the words of the man who created the design?? Forget all about "your" opinions, lets take the meaning from the creator himself...

This FLAG , was NEVER the official CONFEDERATE flag. IF you dummies actually knew anything, you would know that its ONLY use was for BATTLEFIELDS.

Thus, the term , BATTLE FLAG.

http://www.vocativ.com/usa/red-state/confederate-flag-rebel-flag-theres-a-difference/

William T. Thompson quote:

qspq412weu1h5tf6zu6aumwxcb0jfrcwkioo2lpyzyrxqiwiuaddukgddhrsj7mv.jpg

p7t9d1qym1x3bcgzeuom4bsxi3x9dpfjpk3ixoqxxrpgkxw0tpwputz7h1ywggoa.jpg

Any questions that its a RACIST flag??

TOS.