conference call

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
SO YOU PAID A COMMUNIST WEBSITE MONEY FOR MATERIAL THE IS READILY AVAILABLE ONLINE FOR FREE? YEAH, KEEP CONVINCING YOURSELF YOUR NOT PAYING DUES.

THOSE WERE INITIAL ECONOMIC PROPOSALS. SO WHEN THEY ARE NEGOTIATED DOWN A BIT TDU WILL SAY HOW WE CONCEDED AND THE UNION SUCKS. LOOK AT HISTORY DUDE.

TDU WORD MIXING AT ITS BEST. TDUer CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES. AND I WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK, TRUST YOUR UNION NOT A CULT LEADER!!!!

YOUR MIXING MY WORDS. THERE IS WAY MORE NEGATIVE DIRECTION TWORDS THE UNION THAN ANYTHING ELSE ON YOUR WEBSITE. PAFF IS A SCAMMER.

TDU COMPLAINED ABOUT MY BA'S SALARY. HE ONLY MADE 15K MORE THAN ME. WHAT SHOULD WE PAY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNION? MY TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS 137K MIND YOU.

$294K WAS HIS SALARY IS THE TRUTH. ITS EVEN ON YOUR CRAP WEBSITE. YOUR SECOND FIGURE IS HIS TOTAL COMPENSATION (ANOTHER TDU SPIN). CANT YOU SEE THE TDU SPIN???!!!!! ASK ANY TRAVELING EXECUTIVE HOW THAT WORKS. OR ARE THEY JUST EXPECTED TO NEGOTIATE, PLAY POLITICS AND TRAVEL ON A WEEKLY BASIS ON THEIR OWN DIME? ALSO, NOTICE HOW SANDY POPE ISN'T ON THAT "LIST". CONVENIENT!

SOMEDAY YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HIS HUMOR AND MINE PERHAPS. THAT HAD ZERO TO DO WITH YOU.

Man, for someone with a cush union job, you sound like you need a vacation.

Just because something is on the internet doesn't mean I don't want a written copy to carry around with me. Carrying around a laptop in my tractor tends to raise eyebrows. So last year, I spent $8 on a STAA handbook. Seems to me, that is more along the lines of capitalism, not communism. By the way, where on the Teamsters website is that book? I couldn't seem to find it.

So yeah, I guess your right, I paid $8 in TDU dues last year. Boy, that Ken P is getting rich off me.

Sorry, but I pay the union, not trust them. Ever since Hoffa has been our President, UPS has done whatever the hell they want. You want the truth from a driver perspective? OK, the truth is this: our contracts have been good as far as wages goes. That is truth. But where we have taken huge, huge hits, is in contract enforcement. The union has been AWOL in that department. Remember the cardinal sin clause Carey and hall got in the '97 contract? Yeah, where did that go? Remember how electronic equipment wasn't supposed to be used against us? Yeah, what happened to that? And ask ANY UPSer about going to a multi-state panel with your job on the line. Go ahead, ask. Where I'm at, the two-state panel is known as the place where our jobs go to die. Why? Because the people on our side vote against our members. What sort of union lets that happen Stink219? Huh? I'm asking you. There is something terribly wrong with our union when it's own, supposedly, people vote against us in favor of UPS. It makes you wonder, what sort of motivation do those union panel members have to vote against the rank and file? Something under the table, maybe? Maybe you could help me and everyone else who have long wondered that.

The average UPS driver makes about $75 to $80 grand a year. You make $50 grand a year more than that. Your BA, you say makes another $15 grand above that. I say when good union members are losing their jobs at panels because union officials are voting against them, that you guys are making too damn much money. What use are you to us? When we need you guys the most, and you guys tell us "it's gonna be alright", and we lose our jobs, do you think you deserve that money? I say hell no. If you guys stood firm at those panels, then I would say you earn every penny. But that's not the case, is it?

Inthegame

Man, for someone with a cush union job, you sound like you need a vacation.

Just because something is on the internet doesn't mean I don't want a written copy to carry around with me. Carrying around a laptop in my tractor tends to raise eyebrows. So last year, I spent $8 on a STAA handbook. Seems to me, that is more along the lines of capitalism, not communism. By the way, where on the Teamsters website is that book? I couldn't seem to find it.

So yeah, I guess your right, I paid $8 in TDU dues last year. Boy, that Ken P is getting rich off me.

Sorry, but I pay the union, not trust them. Ever since Hoffa has been our President, UPS has done whatever the hell they want. You want the truth from a driver perspective? OK, the truth is this: our contracts have been good as far as wages goes. That is truth. But where we have taken huge, huge hits, is in contract enforcement. The union has been AWOL in that department. Remember the cardinal sin clause Carey and hall got in the '97 contract? Yeah, where did that go? Remember how electronic equipment wasn't supposed to be used against us? Yeah, what happened to that? And ask ANY UPSer about going to a multi-state panel with your job on the line. Go ahead, ask. Where I'm at, the two-state panel is known as the place where our jobs go to die. Why? Because the people on our side vote against our members. What sort of union lets that happen Stink219? Huh? I'm asking you. There is something terribly wrong with our union when it's own, supposedly, people vote against us in favor of UPS. It makes you wonder, what sort of motivation do those union panel members have to vote against the rank and file? Something under the table, maybe? Maybe you could help me and everyone else who have long wondered that.

The average UPS driver makes about $75 to $80 grand a year. You make $50 grand a year more than that. Your BA, you say makes another $15 grand above that. I say when good union members are losing their jobs at panels because union officials are voting against them, that you guys are making too damn much money. What use are you to us? When we need you guys the most, and you guys tell us "it's gonna be alright", and we lose our jobs, do you think you deserve that money? I say hell no. If you guys stood firm at those panels, then I would say you earn every penny. But that's not the case, is it?
Tractor? And you say Stink has a cush "union" job? Let's get centered in your lane here...
Your Local has access to material generated from the IBT that is more pertinent and usable than anything TDU publishes. Ask for it at the next mtg. The "cardinal sin" clause I believe you're referencing is really the innocent til proven guilty language that is used regularly keeping members working during investigations for alleged infractions. Electronic equipment is not to be used as the sole basis for discipline, which when abused by UPS gets cases dropped.
Remember "good union members" that lose their jobs at panels had to do something wrong to get to a panel, and no one I know has ever lost their job and not been culpable in some fashion.
Salaries have nothing to do with decisions. Stink was including benefits in his total comp.
Under the table talk is a cheap shot. Can you supply one name of a panel member "throwing" a case for personal financial gain? I didn't think so.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Remember "good union members" that lose their jobs at panels had to do something wrong to get to a panel, and no one I know has ever lost their job and not been culpable in some fashion.
QUOTE]

Really. I guess everyone who is on trial for murder is automatically guilty, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

:censored2:.

Inthegame

QUOTE]

Really. I guess everyone who is on trial for murder is automatically guilty, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

:censored2:.
I didn't say they were guilty, I said culpable in some fashion. If you don't know the difference, I can't help you. As a steward, most likely longer than you've been alive, I've never had an innocent member lose their job. And I've gotten plenty of guilty ones off. I even help ingrates like you. The point is (I'll type slow so you can understand) members don't get to panels unless there some bad stuff in the case.

stink219

The average UPS driver makes about $75 to $80 grand a year. You make $50 grand a year more than that. Your BA, you say makes another $15 grand above that.
See, how come the TDU rules don't apply to everyone? I made 91K as a package car driver. My benefits package is worth $36,223 .00. There is a difference between a wage and total compensation. You guys spin it to enhance your lies. You can't even tell when I'm setting you up to expose more TDU bullshart. Don't worry buddy, if I ever need some TDU folks I'll just pull down the back of Ken P's underwear and pull in the white string. Admit it, that was funny!!

Dracula

Tractor? And you say Stink has a cush "union" job? Let's get centered in your lane here...
Your Local has access to material generated from the IBT that is more pertinent and usable than anything TDU publishes. Ask for it at the next mtg. The "cardinal sin" clause I believe you're referencing is really the innocent til proven guilty language that is used regularly keeping members working during investigations for alleged infractions. Electronic equipment is not to be used as the sole basis for discipline, which when abused by UPS gets cases dropped.
Salaries have nothing to do with decisions. Stink was including benefits in his total comp.
Under the table talk is a cheap shot. Can you supply one name of a panel member "throwing" a case for personal financial gain? I didn't think so.

What a joke. You sound like someone who just started. Innocent until proven guilty? Are you kidding me? That is routinely ignored when UPS wants to 'get' someone. I know plenty of guys who've been fired who never got their back pay after they got their job back because of DIAD discrepancies. Again, where is our backing when this happens?

You sound like management when you say "good union members" who lose their jobs at panel HAD to do something wrong. Just hope you're never in that position, because that story doesn't have a happy ending. I know plenty of good people who lost their jobs at panel, that should have never lost their jobs. Another union job lost, more dues gone. How often do you think UPS panels members vote against UPS? Did you answer 'never"? So why should our side vote against us? Just who's side are you on? Jezz, just put your letter in already...

stink219

What a joke. You sound like someone who just started. Innocent until proven guilty? Are you kidding me? That is routinely ignored when UPS wants to 'get' someone. I know plenty of guys who've been fired who never got their back pay after they got their job back because of DIAD discrepancies. Again, where is our backing when this happens?

You sound like management when you say "good union members" who lose their jobs at panel HAD to do something wrong. Just hope you're never in that position, because that story doesn't have a happy ending. I know plenty of good people who lost their jobs at panel, that should have never lost their jobs. Another union job lost, more dues gone. How often do you think UPS panels members vote against UPS? Did you answer 'never"? So why should our side vote against us? Just who's side are you on? Jezz, just put your letter in already...
I can assure you that Inthegame is not management and did not just start. The facts are that the majority of disciplinary cases do not go to panel and handled on the local level. Most people chose to have their jobs again over back pay. Remember that if you are fired, your livelihood is in the hands of a bipartisan arbitrator. It is the choice of the employee not the union to fight for back pay. Your looking at it from a Union vs. UPS stance. There is one more entity involved in these situations, it's called a family. I bet 99 times out of 100 that a wife and kids would rather see daddy get guaranteed reinstatement opposed to the 50/50 chance of reinstatement with back pay. In our building we had a few cardinal sinners lose their jobs and rightfully so. When state police bring forth physical evidence against an employee for felony charges, that employee usually will resign.
Btw, funny story, we had a situation a few years ago between 2 hourlies where Employee A slapped Employee B across the face because of a verbal argument. Employee B told management of the issue and A was fired immediately. It was taken to arbitration and because of B's embellished testimony against A, A lost his job under the decision of the arbitrator. B still works for the company this day and is an active member of TDU and even tried running for local office. Point is, if I got slapped at work, I'd be a man and settle it in the parking lot like a man. But leave it up to a TDU scumbag to sell out his own union brother and spit on the oath he took as a Teamster (I will refrain from any conduct that would interfere with the Union's performance of its contractual obligations. I will at all times bear true and faithful to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.). Then try to run for election? Yeah that's what we want, a weasel that sold out his brother, running our union and protecting me.

realbrown1

I can assure you that Inthegame is not management and did not just start. The facts are that the majority of disciplinary cases do not go to panel and handled on the local level. Most people chose to have their jobs again over back pay. Remember that if you are fired, your livelihood is in the hands of a bipartisan arbitrator. It is the choice of the employee not the union to fight for back pay. Your looking at it from a Union vs. UPS stance. There is one more entity involved in these situations, it's called a family. I bet 99 times out of 100 that a wife and kids would rather see daddy get guaranteed reinstatement opposed to the 50/50 chance of reinstatement with back pay. In our building we had a few cardinal sinners lose their jobs and rightfully so. When state police bring forth physical evidence against an employee for felony charges, that employee usually will resign.
Btw, funny story, we had a situation a few years ago between 2 hourlies where Employee A slapped Employee B across the face because of a verbal argument. Employee B told management of the issue and A was fired immediately. It was taken to arbitration and because of B's embellished testimony against A, A lost his job under the decision of the arbitrator. B still works for the company this day and is an active member of TDU and even tried running for local office. Point is, if I got slapped at work, I'd be a man and settle it in the parking lot like a man. But leave it up to a TDU scumbag to sell out his own union brother and spit on the oath he took as a Teamster (I will refrain from any conduct that would interfere with the Union's performance of its contractual obligations. I will at all times bear true and faithful to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.). Then try to run for election? Yeah that's what we want, a weasel that sold out his brother, running our union and protecting me.

Sounds like a load of bull.

realbrown1

Why should it matter to me or you what he makes. WE don't pay him. Nothing we do puts a dime in his pocket.
And as having an election at TDU, well, I have no idea. I am not TDU as I said before. Just a fan.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Friendly reminder: On the browncafe discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

stink219

Why should it matter to me or you what he makes. WE don't pay him. Nothing we do puts a dime in his pocket.
And as having an election at TDU, well, I have no idea. I am not TDU as I said before. Just a fan.
I have a hard time believing that your just a fan. Look at your posts. You protect them to ends of the earth. You, Evil and Dracula. Just admit your TDU.

realbrown1

I have a hard time believing that your just a fan. Look at your posts. You protect them to ends of the earth. You, Evil and Dracula. Just admit your TDU.
Stink, I would if it were true. But honestly, I am not a member of TDU. But I look forward to seeing them at my barn every so often handing out their newsletter. And I check out their website now and then.
Like I said before, I like them for the information part. The Old Guard like to keep us as mushrooms.

Dracula

I've got nothing to hide. If I were a member, I would say it. As I said in an earlier post, I've bought a STAA book for $8 from TDU. If that makes me a TDU member, so be it. Whether you like that or not, I could care less. I'm done arguing about this. This is like arguing about Obamacare. No minds are changed, just a lot of bitching. No more for me. Life is too short to be wasting breath on this. Done.

stink219

I've got nothing to hide. If I were a member, I would say it. As I said in an earlier post, I've bought a STAA book for $8 from TDU. If that makes me a TDU member, so be it. Whether you like that or not, I could care less. I'm done arguing about this. This is like arguing about Obamacare. No minds are changed, just a lot of bitching. No more for me. Life is too short to be wasting breath on this. Done.
That was easy!! Is that in the TDU bylaws? 1. Bark out mistruths and RUN!!!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
SO YOU PAID A COMMUNIST WEBSITE MONEY FOR MATERIAL THE IS READILY AVAILABLE ONLINE FOR FREE? YEAH, KEEP CONVINCING YOURSELF YOUR NOT PAYING DUES.

THOSE WERE INITIAL ECONOMIC PROPOSALS. SO WHEN THEY ARE NEGOTIATED DOWN A BIT TDU WILL SAY HOW WE CONCEDED AND THE UNION SUCKS. LOOK AT HISTORY DUDE.

TDU WORD MIXING AT ITS BEST. TDUer CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES. AND I WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK, TRUST YOUR UNION NOT A CULT LEADER!!!!

YOUR MIXING MY WORDS. THERE IS WAY MORE NEGATIVE DIRECTION TWORDS THE UNION THAN ANYTHING ELSE ON YOUR WEBSITE. PAFF IS A SCAMMER.

TDU COMPLAINED ABOUT MY BA'S SALARY. HE ONLY MADE 15K MORE THAN ME. WHAT SHOULD WE PAY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNION? MY TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS 137K MIND YOU.

$294K WAS HIS SALARY IS THE TRUTH. ITS EVEN ON YOUR CRAP WEBSITE. YOUR SECOND FIGURE IS HIS TOTAL COMPENSATION (ANOTHER TDU SPIN). CANT YOU SEE THE TDU SPIN???!!!!! ASK ANY TRAVELING EXECUTIVE HOW THAT WORKS. OR ARE THEY JUST EXPECTED TO NEGOTIATE, PLAY POLITICS AND TRAVEL ON A WEEKLY BASIS ON THEIR OWN DIME? ALSO, NOTICE HOW SANDY POPE ISN'T ON THAT "LIST". CONVENIENT!

SOMEDAY YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HIS HUMOR AND MINE PERHAPS. THAT HAD ZERO TO DO WITH YOU.
I wasn't convinced until you broke your caps lock key.

thessalonian13

After reading this, I want you to ask yourself 2 questions.
1) UPS knows this proposal is totally unacceptable. Is UPS itching for a strike?
2) In your mind go down your seniority list. How many drivers on the list will stick it out no matter how long it takes in
the event of a strike.
If there were to be a strike, I don't think it would last more than 2 or 3 weeks. (i,e, 1997) We are too important to the national economy. If I am not mistaken, we affect about 8% of the economy with our deliveries. I remember president Clinton urging us to get things settled asap and possibly forcing us back to work. I can see a repeat of that with our economy still in a fragile state. Democrats would not want to see a GDP hit. Just saying....