conference call

bryanturner100

Im not giving up anything as long as ups make more money i want more money the second they start losing money then we can talk about giving back,but until they do no retreat and no surrender.VOTE NO!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To those bashing Teamster health plans you have no clue what you are talking about. In Upstate NY our health care is administered by the Teamsters with coverage provided by Blue Cross/Blue Shield (medical), Davis Vision (vision), EBS-REMSCO (dental) and Medco (Rx). We have a $1,000 annual deductible with $10 co-pays for medical office visits and $100 ER co-pays. We get an eye exam and new glasses (if applicable) annually. We have no out-of-pocket if our dentist is a participating provider. We have very low co-pays on prescriptions. It is a very good health plan; in fact, our most recent retiree (on-car) said that the benefits we enjoy are better than those through the mgt plan.

ups hero

Im not giving up anything as long as ups make more money i want more money the second they start losing money then we can talk about giving back,but until they do no retreat and no surrender.VOTE NO!!

I second that!! Also, how dare they take my $1 away. How is sorting every zip code to different belts NOT a skilled job. I'd like to see a regular person try and sort a maniac unloader and get the right zips on the right belt . HOW DARE THEY!!!

stink219

First off your post is an idea not a negotiation. What do you think UPS will do when you lay that on the table? The correct answer is to UNDERCUT EVERYTHING IN YOUR PROPOSAL. That is why their are vast differences between IBT vs UPS proposals.
I'll agree that your wage structure maybe close to accurate, 2 issues that are unacceptable are:

Health Care
$150 per month
I PAY ZERO
$20 co-pay
I PAY $15
$1000 deductible (family)
I PAY $100

All new full time jobs will be in package car or feeder. No new 22.3's
WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT PHYSICALLY CAN'T QUALIFY FOR DOT CARDS? (HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, DIABETES)

gobble14

How many companies offer healthcare like ups and to pt. Everyone new this was coming someday. We talk about wages but add in there pension and healthcare.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
How many companies offer healthcare like ups and to pt. Everyone new this was coming someday. We talk about wages but add in there pension and healthcare.

I am part time, at a times work off site for UPS . I see the other shippers Fedex,USPS,etc and the workers at the other companies(3) and I can state that none of them work as hard and as well as the people @ UPS. We deserve everything we get . That is pride as a Teamster and a UPS employee.Must of them couldn't or wouldn't work as hard a we do.They say "boy your are lucky getting those benefits for part time" then you explain to them the work we do and they say "Oh sh-t".

kingOFchester

if we dont have a job you make ZERO

We all work hard and i did my part time for 6yrs. But we are going to break this company eventually

Don't want to be ignorant but, Gobble this!!

Ok, yes I was ignorant in that statement, but it felt good.

saintrick

We all work hard and i did my part time for 6yrs. But we are going to break this company eventually

If UPS wants to put some facts out about how much they are losing I'm willing to listen. Im sure they could use some of the 4 billion to send out a letter.

kingOFchester

Glad i could help. YOUR IGNORANCE

Yup, I am ignorant. I have posted a lot of good numbers including percentages, facts and such relating to the financial climate at UPS to strengthen my argument for not giving concessions.

Now, how about you add some facts. Some financial information and debate me on how I am wrong. Please. Post number 35 would be a good place to start.

Griff

Don't want to be ignorant but, Gobble this!!

Ok, yes I was ignorant in that statement, but it felt good.

Yeah. He sounds like a real gobbler. I hope Scott Davis and the rest of the executives that have been enjoying 200%+ pay increases since 2008 don't have any rusty nails under their desk for him to cut his head on.