conference call

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
We all work hard and i did my part time for 6yrs. But we are going to break this company eventually

When are they going to break? After profits hit 5 billion a year or CEO salary hits 20 million per year? I just don't get your thinking. If you think you are overpaid for what you do, then you probably are, so give some back.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After reading this, I want you to ask yourself 2 questions.
1) UPS knows this proposal is totally unacceptable. Is UPS itching for a strike?
2) In your mind go down your seniority list. How many drivers on the list will stick it out no matter how long it takes in
the event of a strike.

1) had crossed my mind. Makes you wonder ... non-Union workforce? ... it seems 15 - 20 years before that is needed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Go take a look at google or apple or Microsoft benefits. It's just retarded. They actually treat their employees right.

These companies are not trucking companies and their workers have degrees with options to go to twenty other companies and makes as much or more.

It's comparing Apples to Brownies.

QKRSTKR

To those bashing Teamster health plans you have no clue what you are talking about. In Upstate NY our health care is administered by the Teamsters with coverage provided by Blue Cross/Blue Shield (medical), Davis Vision (vision), EBS-REMSCO (dental) and Medco (Rx). We have a $1,000 annual deductible with $10 co-pays for medical office visits and $100 ER co-pays. We get an eye exam and new glasses (if applicable) annually. We have no out-of-pocket if our dentist is a participating provider. We have very low co-pays on prescriptions. It is a very good health plan; in fact, our most recent retiree (on-car) said that the benefits we enjoy are better than those through the mgt plan.

I have a $100 dollar ( just to annoy u) family deductible a year. Can be met on either medical or dental. I pay nothing for prescriptions. No copayment at doctors.Surgery 100% covered. No payment for ER. Vision with quite a bit towards glasses. Even braces for my girl were covered up to $3000.

Just doesn't seem to me that yours is better than what I have. I have no interest in a $1000 deductible, paying for scripts, or worrying about ER visit.

stink219

Hall said specifically about the dollar reduction to part timers that TDU posted was never a company proposal until after it was on the TDU website. Maybe TDU is closer to management than they appear.

Yeah, I'm sure UPS is checking the TDU website for ideas. Jeez.
I think TDU is in bed with management. It's been proven that the TRF (TDU sub organization) receives grants from the right to work committee. Ken P need an :censored2: fisting

barnyard

KTM rider
There is something to be said for being 'something' for health insurance. Many people value exactly what they pay for that thing. If we paid for a share of our coverage, whether higher copays or a weekly contribution, we would value what we are getting more and use it more wisely.

That said, Scott Davis' current pay package is not helping him in these negotiations. Cannot expect the rank and file to accept a pay cut you are getting a pretty significant year to year raise.

Someone else mentioned it, 1st proposals have been exchange, no counters yet. The company has to offer crap so that the Teamsters can crow on and on about their 'richest contract ever' and how they 'beat the company into submission.' If the current Teamster leadership is profitable to the company, it would be in their best interests to help them look as good as possible.

bryanturner100

I don't care how much management gets paid.The only thing i care about is getting our fair share and if the offer that's on the table is not fair forget it and every ones going to have their own idea of fair "GIVE NOTHING BACK"the company is not going in reverse and neither should we im glad we make money it's managements job to make sure we make money and they do that its our job to get the packages out we do that so" I WANT MINE TO GIVE NOTHING BACK"

brown_trousers

Wrong

The My health insurance is through the union and are PTimers get the same health the FTimers get..

Its actually not the same... there are little differences in coverage, and PTers health benefits are handled by UPS, whereas FTers health benefits are handled by teamsters.

But the coverage level is almost identical, though ive heard there are some minor differences, especially with the dental.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Its actually not the same... there are little differences in coverage, and PTers health benefits are handled by UPS, whereas FTers health benefits are handled by teamsters.

But the coverage level is almost identical, though ive heard there are some minor differences, especially with the dental.

I think it varies by local supplement. Even for the friend/T.

I remember before UPS took over Central States that doctors would not accept me as a customer until I showed them my insurance card.
It seems some locals have very good and other not so good.

Are these BS Health Care proposals only for workers under the company plan? I am under a Union plan and do not pay anything. I have not read anything one way or another stating Union health plan members would be have to pay. No one at UPS should have to pay for health care.

fedupups

Hall a joke....Hoffa a joke...this company makes billions off our backs and our families backs...any give backs or concessions really will show how spineless our Union has become

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It's 7:48 and TDU still sucks.

Yes we all know how much you hate TDU. Anything of any value to post about? Because your babbling on about much you hate TDU isn't doing anything. It's like Republicans blaming Dems and Dems blaming Republicans. It accomplishes nothing.

Justaname

Yes we all know how much you hate TDU. Anything of any value to post about? Because your babbling on about much you hate TDU isn't doing anything. It's like Republicans blaming Dems and Dems blaming Republicans. It accomplishes nothing.
Well......it's now 11:08 and they still suck.

Let me negotiate. We'll be done in an hour.........

Wages.....
Full-time $4.00 over 5 years. .40c Feb 1st/.40c Aug 1st each year.
Part-time $5.00 over 5 years. .50c Feb 1st/.50c Aug 1st each year

Part-time starting wage goes up to $10 per/hour

Health Care.....
$75 per month and $20 co-pay with $500 deductible for same great coverage as current plan.(single)
$150 per month and $20 co-pay with $1000 deductible for same great coverage as current plan.(family)
(both more than fair for both sides)

Pensions.........
Full-time stays at current plans
Part-time $5 increase per month for each year of service for 25/30/35 and out plans

All new full time jobs will be in package car or feeder. No new 22.3's

O.k.? Fair? A little give and take here?
The unions proposal is rediculous and the the companys proposal is even more rediculous.
Quit friend-ing around! Let's get it done!
What is happening hurts union members and the company equally.
Let's get real here. Quickly.
Here is the problem with that. Once you start paying into healthcare it doesn't stop, no matter how small it is. It's like a snow ball going down a snow hill, it will get bigger and bigger and bigger which means more and more and more we will pay after each new contract. Even if we get small wages WHICH WE SHOULDN'T, it's better then paying into healthcare because 20 years from now the wage increases will not be able to help you with you paying into healthcare.

As for the union taking the healthcare over, the company will not let this happen and the union knows this. They are just putting them in a corner Sounds not great but ok because it's still early even after march 31st. If the union folds and gives in we still have are vote and that is a big fat NOOOOO!! If we don't that snow ball will be bigger then your house and it will crush it.

So save your money brothers and sisters because the line in the sand is draw and you never Dig in and vote no if nessasery.