confused by insurance in western region

llamainmypocket

Thought i was going to be Bluecross Blueshield, got an aetna card which was apparently just for dental. Later i got a Bluecross Blueshield card so i go to the doctor. Then when i get to the pharmacy they tell me my card says nothing about prescriptions. Ended up using a prescription discount card that came much earlier than my insurance. Am i really going to have five cards? 1 dental, 1 vision, 1 medical, 1 prescription and 1 prescription discount card?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Thought i was going to be Bluecross Blueshield, got an aetna card which was apparently just for dental. Later i got a Bluecross Blueshield card so i go to the doctor. Then when i get to the pharmacy they tell me my card says nothing about prescriptions. Ended up using a prescription discount card that came much earlier than my insurance. Am i really going to have five cards? 1 dental, 1 vision, 1 medical, 1 prescription and 1 prescription discount card?
Yes. That or buy private insurance.

llamainmypocket

Not complaining. Just confused. I don't want to wait for something that isnt coming because i actually do need to use all of them right off the bat.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I have one card with all on it. (Teamsters Western Region & Local 177 Health Care Plan).

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I have one card with all on it. (Teamsters Western Region & Local 177 Health Care Plan).

Same here. They sent one card with all the plans on it.

Only the didn't get the group number right on the medical insurance so my wife (aka moms taxi) still carries the old one.

jamescasey420

Read the bottom of the card where is says. Just because you work your ass off working 12 hours a day with a 2 hour commute just because you have those fancy cards doesn't mean you have insurance. It does not guarantee benefits or that the person doing medical billing keys in the numbers correctly.