Confusion regarding Seasonal driver/preload pay.

user0001

So i have been a preloader for about a year, and i just went to driving school for seasonal driver last week. passed it and everything but now my center has told me that they cant train me for two weeks(its almost the end of the season anyways so i think theyre saying that until two weeks is up and then say they just cant train me yet) They told me this on monday morning when they called me in less than an hour before preload started(i would have gone to bed alot earlier). this was after telling me on friday to call in on monday to see if ill be training as a driver. so they need me back on preload which is fine. but the other seasonal driver thats working preload is getting paid as a driver while preloading and im getting preload pay, which does not seem right. im not worried about his pay, i just feel like im being jerked around(they also kept postponing the date for which i was supposed to be going to school) which is very frustrating seeing as i have given 100% hard work to this company so far and i have bills to pay(new glasses for driving) which i cannot afford on preload pay. id get a second job exept that i am always being told that ill be driving next week but that keeps changing... i need to do something otherwise ill be searching for a new job soon. cant live off preload pay

You have been working preload for a year and haven't found another FT or PT job to pay your bills? Is working Saturday Air an option? How about running air after the preload? We have several preloaders that almost work FT running air and working Saturday. I made almost $70k last year working PT.

You have been working preload for a year and haven't found another FT or PT job to pay your bills? Is working Saturday Air an option? How about running air after the preload? We have several preloaders that almost work FT running air and working Saturday. I made almost $70k last year working PT.
running air is eligible straight after pre load shift? I'd consider that and Saturdays before I go FT.

user0001

You have been working preload for a year and haven't found another FT or PT job to pay your bills? Is working Saturday Air an option? How about running air after the preload? We have several preloaders that almost work FT running air and working Saturday. I made almost $70k last year working P
Our center doesnt allow any OT unless its right after our shift. or they are not telling us the truth

running air is eligible straight after pre load shift? I'd consider that and Saturdays before I go FT.
My building has been using PT to help with NDA for years. Also after air is off we run misloads around. Sometimes deliver bulk stops or packages left in the building. Of course any ground work pays top driver pay for the day.

user0001

and no... i was looking for another job once peak ended and then ive been kinda jerked around since summer started. i didnt want to start another job just to have to end it once training started

user0001

My building has been using PT to help with NDA for years. Also after air is off we run misloads around. Sometimes deliver bulk stops or packages left in the building. Of course any ground work pays top driver pay for the day.
Our center doesnt allow any of that. atleast thats what they keep telling us. we have to be off the clock before we get any OT.

user0001

So i finished safety training and now i need on the job training. Thats what the Ups Center said when i was in safety training and thats what my Ups center is telling me now. that i cannot drive until someone is there to train me on the job.

So i finished safety training and now i need on the job training. Thats what the Ups Center said when i was in safety training and thats what my Ups center is telling me now. that i cannot drive until someone is there to train me on the job.
Yes that is correct. All new drivers need to go on the road with a supervisor.