Congestion In the Yard

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not to me. That's why I asked for clarification. Who's visibility is obstructed? What's causing the obstruction?

In refrence to feeders parking in travel paths, you have not mentioned who's travel path? Pedestrians? Why are they parked in that location?
ChickenLegs,

ChckenLegs,

Drivers and certified yard employees.

Yard congestion.

Drivers and certified yard employees(sometimes they are pedestrians, sometimes not, but you know this.)

Ask feeders.

Sincerely,
I

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
When you say yard congestion I need you to paint the picture. Feeders are at a standstill and package cars and pedestrians are navigating through them?

Integrity

Binge Poster
When you say yard congestion I need you to paint the picture. Feeders are at a standstill and package cars and pedestrians are navigating through them?
ChickenLegs,

Feeders driving, shifters driving, irreg tugs traveling, forklift traveling, package cars driving, yard workers working, feeders parked all over the place outside of parking spots, tractors the same, package cars the same, the general hub bub of a hub over night.

Get the big picture, go out in the yard over night and look for yourself please.

Sincerely,
I

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
ChickenLegs,

Feeders driving, shifters driving, irreg tugs traveling, forklift traveling, package cars driving, yard workers working, feeders parked all over the place outside of parking spots, tractors the same, package cars the same, the general hub bub of a hub over night.

Get the big picture, go out in the yard over night and look for yourself please.

Sincerely,
I
Congestion is not an issue of safety if rules are followed.

Your last sentence is rude, I am only trying to help. I know what is going on day and night. The issues you described are not widespread. Many buildings follow the rules or action is taken.

I gave you the information you need to resolve this matter. I don't think you will do anything about it.

I am with Integrity, whether you are or not.

P

pickup

We can't do much about the congestion, it's a given. I think it's up to us to make the best of it. To the feeder drivers, stop driving around with iPod buds in both ears. Stop the texting. Use your damn blinkers once in a while when at an intersection in the yard, in order to communicate your intentions.

To any seasonal feeder drivers, stop flying around in the yard and the above advice in the first paragraph goes double for you. You don't know where the danger spots are (if you were here long enough, you would come to the conclusion that they are everywhere, just some more frequently dangerous than others)

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ChickenLegs,

Sincerely,
I

Why do you say tractors and feeders? What is "A feeder"?

In feeders, we drive 18 wheelers (tractor trailers), we don't DRIVE feeders.

What do you consider a feeder?

Me

laffter

Yard fatalities? How fast are these guys driving through there that a collision with another vehicle leads to death? And if we're talking about pedestrians, they have legs capable of running and jumping. They are also equipped with two eyes and feet capable of breaking. I suppose if you're napping out in the yard...

Integrity

Binge Poster
Congestion is not an issue of safety if rules are followed.

Your last sentence is rude, I am only trying to help. I know what is going on day and night. The issues you described are not widespread. Many buildings follow the rules or action is taken.

I gave you the information you need to resolve this matter. I don't think you will do anything about it.

I am with Integrity, whether you are or not.
ChickenLegs,

I disagree with you opinion.

I really don't think you have an objective viewpoint.

If you are involve in the safety dept in any way that would explain the inability to be objective.

There is no matter to resolve, this was for discussion only and I do believe that has been achieved.

The results will speak for themselves.

Sincerely,
I

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There is usually about 1-1.5 weeks during peak that all hell breaks loose on our yard. A majority of the problem comes from all the independents that come onto the yard. Since they run together quite often, they arrive at the same time. They are told to hang the phone up, turn right and drop your trailer next to the car wash or on the break down pad. It's not really their fault, they don't know any better and in my opinion, you get what you pay for. That becomes a pinch point and I've seen them drop a trailer blocking the only open lane on that side of the yard. At this point, you can only go counter-clockwise around our building, and it might take an hour to take a journey that would usually take less than 2 minutes. It happens every year, and I saw 38 of them as a driver. I don't see it changing, at least on the yard I worked on. I just call dispatch OTP or the CB and say "I'll get to the gate when I get there." Show me the money. lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Every time you answer an Integrity question !!!
hhy.gif

What Integrity should do !!
shhhhh.gif