Congrats JoPa on #400

clueless

Joe Paterno wins No. 400 after Penn St. rallies from 21 down

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- As camera flashes lit up Beaver Stadium, Joe Paterno got a ride to a victory celebration atop the broad arms and shoulders of two burly offensive linemen.

Career win No. 400 for Penn State's beloved coach will be remembered around Happy Valley for a long time...

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303100213

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congrats to Joe Pa for reaching the milestone.

That was not the most exciting game IMO. The Illinois/Michigan game was unbelievable. 67-65 Michigan in 3 OT.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Saw a progarm early this AM on the Ohio State- Michigan rivalary Old Woody Hayes and his student Bo Schembeckler. I can still hear Keith Jackson saying "OHHHHHH the Buckeyes"

brownedout

Saw a progarm early this AM on the Ohio State- Michigan rivalary Old Woody Hayes and his student Bo Schembeckler. I can still hear Keith Jackson saying "OHHHHHH the Buckeyes"

Great documentary PT S. A must for any college football fan, whether they root for the teams or not. I loved the part when reporters asked Hayes why he went for a 2 pt. conversion when the game was already decided. His reply, "They wouldn't let me go for three".

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Great documentary PT S. A must for any college football fan, whether they root for the teams or not. I loved the part when reporters asked Hayes why he went for a 2 pt. conversion when the game was already decided. His reply, "They wouldn't let me go for three".

Bo said " I treat all the players the same ,like dogs"

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Joe Paterno’s tenure as coach of the Penn State football team will soon be over, perhaps within days or weeks, in the wake of a sex-abuse scandal that has implicated university officials, according to two people briefed on conversations among the university’s top officials.

• The board of trustees has yet to determine the precise timing of Paterno’s exit, but it is clear that the man who has more victories than any other coach at college football’s top level and who made Penn State a prestigious national brand will not survive to coach another season. Discussions about how to manage his departure have begun, according to the two people.
    Paterno was to have held a news conference Tuesday but the university canceled it less than an hour before it was scheduled to start.

texan

Penn State takes down Joe Paterno statue outside Beaver Stadium

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — The famed statue of Joe Paterno was taken down from outside
the Penn State football stadium Sunday, eliminating a key piece of the iconography
surrounding the once-sainted football coach accused of burying child sex abuse
allegations against a retired assistant.

Workers lifted the 7-foot-tall statue off its base and used a forklift to move it into
Beaver Stadium as the 100 to 150 students watching chanted, "We are Penn State."
105585-650-366.jpg

Penn State takes down Joe Paterno statue outside Beaver Stadium - NCAA Football - Sporting News

texan

That is very tough sanctions.
I will not comment a thumbs up or thumbs down, but talk about tough ruling.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My problem with these types of sanctions is that, for the most part, they impact people (current students/athletes) who had nothing to do with the scandal in the first place.

bigblu 2 you

i think the sanctions and fines should be on the people who enabled j.s. to rape kids. having a office and keys to the facilities"locker rooms/showers"puts the board and trustees of ped-state on the hot seat imo.