Congrats to this UPS driver

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Have you taken a look at the new Chase Sapphire Reserve?
image.jpg

Just got my Priortiy Pass select lounge card today. Had the Chase Sapphire Preferred a couple years ago, downgraded to the Freedom Unlimited when it came time for the AF

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 95634
Just got my Priortiy Pass select lounge card today. Had the Chase Sapphire Preferred a couple years ago, downgraded to the Freedom Unlimited when it came time for the AF
If like to get that card. The sign up bonus is freakin outrageous. I don't travel enough to justifying getting that one though. I wouldn't be able offset the annual fee. I have the Sapphire Preferred. I'm keeping it and pairing it with the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited to maximize the point values. I also have the Marriott Card through Chase. I've gotten lots of free hotel rooms.

I have made thousands over the years by taking advantage of introductory cash back offers.
Are you a "Churner" or do you keep the cards?

Last edited:

Faceplanted

View attachment 95634
First I heard about this card. Just did some research and wow, for travel this thing is bananas. I need to jump on one of these. Seems better point wise than Amex gold and has more perks then the Amex platinum for the same 450 yearly fee.

Re-Raise

Are you a "Churner" or do you keep the cards?

Most of the offers I take advantage of are anywhere from $100 to $250 when you spend $500 in the first 90 days.

We do that easily on every day purchases like groceries and gas.

Once I cash out the introductory offer, I move on to another card. I don't close the account, I just quit using it.

I just looked on Credit Karma and it says I have like 170 k in available credit.

My wife and I both have scores over 830, so we both get bonus offers all the time.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
For paying off a huge amount of debt... WELL DONE !

That was a great story. We're currently working on paying off all our debt. Should be credit card debt free in a year and a half, and mortgage free in four.

We racked up most of our debt when I was on preload and my full time job became a part time job. Also had an expensive eating out habit that we've curtailed.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
How the hell do people get in so much debt. Especially living in smaller town with a low cost of living.

So worried about keeping up a persona and buying :censored2: they don't need.

I start going crazy when I creep up around even 10k of cc debt and buckle down for a few months. Idk how people can get into the 50-60k range. It's just crazy. I give Uncle Sam a huge intrest free lain ever year, and my wife has her job take our more than she needs to in withholdings but come every feb we have a huge 7-10k check to reset. People like David Ramsey would say this is a stupid system (intrest free gov loan in the same of too much withholdings) it works for me and I usually only have 2-3k of cc debt at any moment in time unless something crazy comes up.

friend David Ramsey. Use common sense, stop trying to keep up with the jones and plan for retirement, with what we make we have no real excuses to be in a crazy amount of debt.
His key to success.. Write bs books and cash in

I hope that laxative worked out for you because you sound a bit constipated !!!!

I'm probably a little older than you. Back in the 80's and 90's, credit card companies fed on the financially starved college kids like me.
Once you got in their clutches, it became nearly impossible to get out. You bought another card because the last one had a small limit.
You're next card was for balance transfers, etc etc. This kind of predatory selling has become illegal nowadays on campus.

I had 4 cards and used them and paid them how i saw fit, but it didn't solve the problem. I was in their clutches and once you start worrying about credit scores, car loans, and mortgages, it was too late. It took me listening to his podcast at work and listening to the stories and victories to know that I wasn't the only stupid one and that breaking the cycle was possible. Now i'm debt free and control this by paying in cash.

I wish I was as awesome as you. I could piss all over someone's life and burn their self-help books. Some of us weren't blessed with your financial knack. I don't pay to much attention to his religious overtones and he doesn't care. His show and books are full of knowledge that helps us less fortunate.

I wish you well on your yacht club and shrimp cocktails. Some of us needed that push to get out of debt.

Faceplanted

I hope that laxative worked out for you because you sound a bit constipated !!!!

I'm probably a little older than you. Back in the 80's and 90's, credit card companies fed on the financially starved college kids like me.
Once you got in their clutches, it became nearly impossible to get out. You bought another card because the last one had a small limit.
You're next card was for balance transfers, etc etc. This kind of predatory selling has become illegal nowadays on campus.

I had 4 cards and used them and paid them how i saw fit, but it didn't solve the problem. I was in their clutches and once you start worrying about credit scores, car loans, and mortgages, it was too late. It took me listening to his podcast at work and listening to the stories and victories to know that I wasn't the only stupid one and that breaking the cycle was possible. Now i'm debt free and control this by paying in cash.

I wish I was as awesome as you. I could piss all over someone's life and burn their self-help books. Some of us weren't blessed with your financial knack. I don't pay to much attention to his religious overtones and he doesn't care. His show and books are full of knowledge that helps us less fortunate.

I wish you well on your yacht club and shrimp cocktails. Some of us needed that push to get out of debt.
Please.... I'm from the generation where we got eaten alive by student loans... And guess what??? We can't simply go bankrupt and get rid of them as cedit cards have he possibility. My wife and racked up a big amount of debt before we were both in our mid 20s.

Guess what, it's gone now. You know why? Common sense.

People make fun of trump for so much bankruptcy, smart people know when to throw in the towel, and with strictly credit card debt it easy peazy, with student loan debt my wife and I had it's not that easy.

People need to held accountable for their actions, for cedit card companies don't give kids 20/30k worth of credit, that only comes when you start making money. So I would assume lots of ups driver debt comes from simple money mismanagement or student loans, any idiot knows they should handle their debt before closing on their 300k house or 60k King range f250, but instead people have to keep with the jones'

See you at the centurion lounge brother! I would offer you a drink but their free for card holders.

FYI people who make 40k will be offended at you claiming less fortunate. We make tons of money, back in the 80s and 90s drivers also made tons of money's. So let's not act like ups drivers were ever less fortunate money wise. In the vast majority of the country you can currently live a decent life on 50k or so a year. so for a topped out driver that leave 50k to pay of debt, but instead everybody needs big tvs, new houses every few years, and then they refinance the new house to take our more money for more new things. It's seriously a total lack of any sense. I can't feel bad for that. I do feel bad for people trying to get by right around the poverty line who are really trying.... THATS NOT UPS DRIVERS

Many of my brothers who are young drivers had 20-40k in student debt. They started driving were smart enough to start paying heavily on it while living well below their means and were debt free within a few years. They didn't need to pay some guy money for a book to bless them with common sense and fatten his pockets.

He, and all other self help type people are crooks. They prey on people on bad situations, take money for a book or program and tell you what you could sit down and figure out in a few minutes if you actually budget and use some simple common sense

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If like to get that card. The sign up bonus is freakin outrageous. I don't travel enough to justifying getting that one though. I wouldn't be able offset the annual fee. I have the Sapphire Preferred. I'm keeping it and pairing it with the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited to maximize the point values. I also have the Marriott Card through Chase. I've gotten lots of free hotel rooms.
What's nice about the CSR is the $300 annual travel credit and the 100k bonus. The travel credit is yearly so you can get reimbursed for this year's $300 and in January get another $300 for 2017. Plus the 100k points after 4K spend is a great offer. The $450 AF is steep but in the travel credits alone you are net positive $150, even before adding in the 100k. You can easily purchase airline or hotel gift cards straight from the merchant to activate the credit. I'd highly suggest anyone looking at a vacation in the near future to check the card out.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just looked on Credit Karma and it says I have like 170 k in available credit.

My wife and I both have scores over 830, so we both get bonus offers all the time.

I could be wrong but if you are constantly switching credit cards I doubt you have an 830 credit score.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Please.... I'm from the generation where we got eaten alive by student loans... And guess what??? We can't simply go bankrupt and get rid of them as cedit cards have he possibility. My wife and racked up a big amount of debt before we were both in our mid 20s.

People make fun of trump for so much bankruptcy, smart people know when to throw in the towel, and with strictly credit card debt it easy peazy, with student loan debt my wife and I had it's not that easy.

People need to held accountable for their actions, for cedit card companies don't give kids 20/30k worth of credit, that only comes when you start making money. So I would assume lots of ups driver debt comes from simple money mismanagement or student loans, any idiot knows they should handle their debt before closing on their 300k house or 60k King range f250, but instead people have to keep with the jones'

See you at the centurion lounge brother! I would offer you a drink but their free for card holders.

FYI people who make 40k will be offended at you claiming less fortunate. We make tons of money, back in the 80s and 90s drivers also made tons of money's. So let's not act like ups drivers were ever less fortunate money wise. In the vast majority of the country you can currently live a decent life on 50k or so a year. so for a topped out driver that leave 50k to pay of debt, but instead everybody needs big tvs, new houses every few years, and then they refinance the new house to take our more money for more new things. It's seriously a total lack of any sense. I can't feel bad for that. I do feel bad for people trying to get by right around the poverty line who are really trying.... THATS NOT UPS DRIVERS

Many of my brothers who are young drivers had 20-40k in student debt. They started driving were smart enough to start paying heavily on it while living well below their means and were debt free within a few years. They didn't need to pay some guy money for a book to bless them with common sense and fatten his pockets.

He, and all other self help type people are crooks. They prey on people on bad situations, take money for a book or program and tell you what you could sit down and figure out in a few minutes if you actually budget and use some simple common sense

Good for you.
Common sense ain't that common.

Overpaid Union Thug

This is not common sense. It should be but isn't. If it were then this country wouldn't have a serious debt problem. Dave Ramsey preys on no one. They come to him. If his methods were common sense then his radio show and email wouldn't be blown up everyday with calls and emails from people that are desperate for help. He practices what he preaches and has learned what he teaches from personal experience with debt. To take that experience and bank on it is smart. Not predatory.

I could be wrong but if you are constantly switching credit cards I doubt you have an 830 credit score.
I believe him. Like if he's adding a card for every one he cancels and keeps the balances low or paid in full. It's called "Churning". He could also be keeping those cards but not using them. That helps because age of accounts boosts your scores. High credit scores are actually pretty easy to get and maintain once you know how.