Congrats to this UPS driver

Faceplanted

If people need somebody to tell them that if they make 35k a year and spend 42k that it's not sustainable than you didn't pay attention to basic math class when you were 6. Like I said before I just have a hard time listening to people who make 100k a year complain about money problems. It's actually irritating and I'm sure it's even more irritating to people who don't even make half what we make with college degrees.

If people spent 10 minutes learning how compounding intrest worked instead of giving likes on Facebook the USA would be a better place. Who do we blame for that.....Facebook? Or the person for not taking any initiative to control their money?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I could be wrong but if you are constantly switching credit cards I doubt you have an 830 credit score.
It will actually hurt your credit score more if you close those acounts you no longer use. It makes no sense to me but I don't make the rules.

Overpaid Union Thug

Actually everything that he teaches IS common sense.
It's not. Otherwise the government and the average citizen wouldn't be swimming in debt and calling Dave Ramsey. If anything it's UNCOMMON Sense.

If people need somebody to tell them that if they make 35k a year and spend 42k that it's not sustainable than you didn't pay attention to basic math class when you were 6. Like I said before I just have a hard time listening to people who make 100k a year complain about money problems. It's actually irritating and I'm sure it's even more irritating to people who don't even make half what we make with college degrees.

If people spent 10 minutes learning how compounding intrest worked instead of giving likes on Facebook the USA would be a better place. Who do we blame for that.....Facebook? Or the person for not taking any initiative to control their money?

Basic math and basic financing are two different things. It's not common for kids to learn how to manage debt on the scale we are taking about here. It's not common sense. What's common is debt and that's what the average person let's happen to them.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Dave Ramsey is an opportunist spewing mostly common sense.

When the economy was good he would ship 1-2 cases of his books each day. When the economy tanked he went to roughly 50 cases each day with almost all addressed to churches.

I don't have a problem with him working the church angle but all of his stuff was printed in China, he pimps it through churches and charges something like $95 per person. To me that seems like a lot of money for what he is giving out...common sense.

With all the money he makes off the back end (advertising, mortgages, insurance, etc.) it seems a good Christian man like Dave Ramsey could give people who are in a bind more of a price break.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
He gives mostly Common Sense advice to people who are already in a bad situation.

These are people who need to be told to make a car payment or house payment before something else, not realizing if they're late on the payment they can lose their house or their car. I would think it's common knowledge to pay your car or home before a medical bill or credit card but to many people I guess it's not.

Overpaid Union Thug

Dave Ramsey is an opportunist spewing mostly common sense.

When the economy was good he would ship 1-2 cases of his books each day. When the economy tanked he went to roughly 50 cases each day with almost all addressed to churches.

I don't have a problem with him working the church angle but all of his stuff was printed in China, he pimps it through churches and charges something like $95 per person. To me that seems like a lot of money for what he is giving out...common sense.

With all the money he makes off the back end (advertising, mortgages, insurance, etc.) it seems a good Christian man like Dave Ramsey could give people who are in a bind more of a price break.
He gives mostly Common Sense advice to people who are already in a bad situation.

These are people who need to be told to make a car payment or house payment before something else, not realizing if they're late on the payment they can lose their house or their car. I would think it's common knowledge to pay your car or home before a medical bill or credit card but to many people I guess it's not.
You and your fellow haters would be doing exactly what David Ramsey does (books, radio show, etc.,) had you only thought of it first. LOL

Overpaid Union Thug

It will actually hurt your credit score more if you close those acounts you no longer use. It makes no sense to me but I don't make the rules.
The cancelled cards drop off and that causes a point drop but then current and new accounts boost the score as they age. Plus, all of the other factors that go into determining a credit score are still in play.

Overpaid Union Thug

True men or God don't take advantage of people facing hard times. He's rich enough his books could be free. Or at least make them in the USA
I didn't pay a dime to get out of debt and I used his Baby Steps System. The stuff that he sells goes into more depth and detail.

How exactly do you think people are being taken advantage of?

Faceplanted

People who are usually the ones always talking about God, praise this, praise that are the same ones asking their poor church members for money they don't have, or asking people to buy their book for self help when they are already in massive debt.

this is what I'm talking about

Idk what doctors or anything have to do with people pushing religion and making money off of it.

This is one of the main reasons I'm anti organized religion.

Overpaid Union Thug

People who are usually the ones always talking about God, praise this, praise that are the same ones asking their poor church members for money they don't have, or asking people to buy their book for self help when they are already in massive debt.

this is what I'm talking about

Idk what doctors or anything have to do with people pushing religion and making money off of it.

This is one of the main reasons I'm anti organized religion.
I think you are a bit confused/misinformed as to what exactly Dave Ramsey does and offers. And it also sounds like you're letting your views on organized religion blind you from learning those facts. I'm not a fan of organized religion either. But I am a fan of keeping an open mind and an even bigger fan of learning new things. Particularly when those new things help others and myself. There's nothing wrong with making money off those ideas.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You and your fellow haters would be doing exactly what David Ramsey does (books, radio show, etc.,) had you only thought of it first. LOL

Wrong, I would never take advantage of people like that. He is offering a service...I just think he's taking advantage of people who have gotten themselves in bad situations. The fact that he uses religion makes it even worse IMO.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wrong, I would never take advantage of people like that. He is offering a service...I just think he's taking advantage of people who have gotten themselves in bad situations. The fact that he uses religion makes it even worse IMO.
How is he taking advantage of anyone? And you are acting like his methods require religion. They don't. Anyone can get into his website right now and learn all about how to get out of debt using the "Debt Snowball", save/invest, learn about life insurance, real estate, etc without spending a penny. He reaches out to everyone. Regardless of their religion or background. Yes, he's a Christian. But he's also a business man. And a damn good one too. Please show me where it says that's a bad thing.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I think you are a bit confused/misinformed as to what exactly Dave Ramsey does and offers. And it also sounds like you're letting your views on organized religion blind you from learning those facts. I'm not a fan of organized religion either. But I am a fan of keeping an open mind and an even bigger fan of learning new things. Particularly when those new things help others and myself. There's nothing wrong with making money off those ideas.

If he sells his items primarily through churches how can you be confused or misinformed? Seperate the religion and I would have fewer issues with his business model.

Overpaid Union Thug

If he sells his items primarily through churches how can you be confused or misinformed? Seperate the religion and I would have fewer issues with his business model.
He doesn't sell his items primarily through churches. I've seen his Financial Peace classes on military bases and other non religious venues. And since when does fighting debt go against religion? The Bible actually discourages it.

And again......spending money to get out of debt using his methods doesn't require any money or religion. I know. I've done it.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Go look at his job openings page. He has a job posted for B2C...business to church.

We can agree to disagree. I personally think he takes advantage of people without money.

Does he help some of them? I'm sure he does, others he adds to their problems.

upschuck

Go look at his job openings page. He has a job posted for B2C...business to church.

We can agree to disagree. I personally think he takes advantage of people without money.

Does he help some of them? I'm sure he does, others he adds to their problems.
You can get his basics for free, is he not aloud to make money on things that costs him money to make and ship? That would be not a way to stay out of debt. Would you take debt advice from someone who is in a ton of debt? He has employees that he has to pay as well.