Congratulations to my LOCAL 396!! Victory for the incumbents!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, another election, another victory for 396! R. H won a landslide re-election by defeating the TDU Challenger Rich G by a 2 to 1 margin!

With 55% of the votes, Ron keeps the local out of the hands of TDU!

A victory for our members and a solid stance against the TDU operatives on the West Coast.

Congrats 396!

Peace.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The members of TDU are teamsters, too. Are they not your brothers, also? This is one of the biggest problems the teamsters has. People like you who can only think of themselves.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, another election, another victory for 396! R. H won a landslide re-election by defeating the TDU Challenger Rich G by a 2 to 1 margin!

A victory for our members and a solid stance against the TDU operatives on the West Coast.

Congrats 396!

Peace.

I assume , using your normal approach, that TDU is a bunch of racists.

Also, can anyone else verify this?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Considering it just logged off at 4am, I would think so. Unlike More, who goes to bed at a reasonable hour and rises with the rest of us early birds.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Considering it just logged off at 4am, I would think so. Unlike More, who goes to bed at a reasonable hour and rises with the rest of us early birds.
Early, early, early....it's my Boniva morning. No coffee for an hour, so I get up an hour earlier than usual.

Evil

Congrats 396!

Peace.

Richard G is not and has never been TDU. Richard G is part of Fred Gegare's team. He made an attempt at the convention to get nominated on Gegare's slate and failed. Not one member of his slate was TDU. If you knew anything on the international you would have noticed that even his slate was named after Gegare's slate, "Fighting for the Members."

As for TDU, why don't you ask Ron H who helped him win 396 from Bruno. Oh yeah, it was TDU don't ever forget that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Richard G is not and has never been TDU. Richard G is part of Fred Gegare's team. He made an attempt at the convention to get nominated on Gegare's slate and failed. Not one member of his slate was TDU. If you knew anything on the international you would have noticed that even his slate was named after Gegare's slate, "Fighting for the Members."

As for TDU, why don't you ask Ron H who helped him win 396 from Bruno. Oh yeah, it was TDU don't ever forget that.

Shows what you know,,, I RAN and won the 2002 election with Ron, and I can ASSURE you , we are not affiliated with TDU. Nice try, but no cigar. BRUNO could have lost to Bugs Bunny.

G tried to connect himself to Anything that would possibly get him elected, unfortunately, he lost by a 2 to 1 margin. In fact, based on the last 12 elections, G recieved LESS than the average votes against an incumbent (900) vs the average of 941.

Even Louie A could pull close to 1000 votes and he ran three times and lost against us three times.

That 900 number is the desenting vote that always comes in around 950 no matter who is running. With only 3076 ballots returned, G only managed to get less than the average desenting vote and that demonstrates that his "message" fell on deaf ears.

Hopefully, G goes back to feeder and minds his own business and leaves politics alone. The members were'nt buying what he had to sell whether Gregare or Pope.

Peace.

hypocrisy

Banned
Wow. Doesn't like=racist.
Quite the stretch.

Hey Hoax, how do you reconcile those two posts of yours with #5 of the Terms of Service? Would you call TOS a racist to his face? Kind of makes it personal doesn't it? Is anything TOS said in his original post even disparaging against TDU or an individual? Why even comment when this whole thread is related to a Teamster election for Teamsters not management. Are you assuming TOS' ethnicity is somehow different than G & H? (Do you even know what theirs is?)

I hate​ TDU. What does that make me?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would like to know why? Why the anger against our own brothers? It ok to have different ideas and dislike each other. That's what makes your face warm. But, the hate?

I think I would miss Upstate, if he left and we didn't have our whatever you call it.(Don't tell him I said that:wink2:)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wow. Doesn't like=racist.
Quite the stretch.

Hey Hoax, how do you reconcile those two posts of yours with #5 of the Terms of Service? Would you call TOS a racist to his face? Kind of makes it personal doesn't it? Is anything TOS said in his original post even disparaging against TDU or an individual? Why even comment when this whole thread is related to a Teamster election for Teamsters not management. Are you assuming TOS' ethnicity is somehow different than G & H? (Do you even know what theirs is?)

I hate​ TDU. What does that make me?

I would try but it seems the subtlety of sarcasm is beyond your understanding and I don't feel like spending a lot of time explaining something that is obvious to most.

Try going back and reading it a few times - slowly and see if you can figure out whats going on.

As far as what that makes you - nothing. Same as before.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The 396 election was not much of a race. Yes, are the boys at 396 perfect? NO. But they are trying, they reach out for help when they need it and for the most part, represent UPSers in a professional manner. There is NOTHING anyone can say about fiscal management of the local.. Ron and his eboard have safeguarded the peoples money very well. Since 2002 we have grown the treasury at a greater rate than any previous administration.

Have there been problems? Sure, but you cant win them all.

G, a feeder driver, reached out to anybody he thought would give him recognition, and that included TDU. For the southwest, we respect all our brothers, but we will NEVER allow a subversive group (out here in the west) to control our local.

UPS dominates the ranks of local 396 and we support those who are not DIVIDERS.

For G, he lost the election back at the convention, when he lost control of his wife and she attacked a local 396 officer unprovoked, was cited by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police department for Battery, and both she and G were EJECTED out of the Ballys Hotel.

Later, back in Los Angeles, a superior court judge issued a three year restraining order against Galvans wife and she is prohibited from UNION functions where the local officer is attending.

This kind of nonsense disqualified G from any type of leadership role within our local. If he cant control his own wife, how was he to control a local with close to 11000 members in it?

G should have never included or involved his wife in union politics as she is not a member. NO person running for office should include their wives into the political arena if they cant be controlled.

At the end of the day, TDU or no TDU, G was not a legitimate candidate.

Peace.

I'm lost in this thread. That 804 agitator thread is the same way but it's got that soap opera factor. This thread is just lost. Sorry if I offended anyone

menotyou

bella amicizia
The 396 election was not much of a race. Yes, are the boys at 396 perfect? NO. But they are trying, they reach out for help when they need it and for the most part, represent UPSers in a professional manner. There is NOTHING anyone can say about fiscal management of the local.. Ron and his eboard have safeguarded the peoples money very well. Since 2002 we have grown the treasury at a greater rate than any previous administration.

Have there been problems? Sure, but you cant win them all.

G, a feeder driver, reached out to anybody he thought would give him recognition, and that included TDU. For the southwest, we respect all our brothers, but we will NEVER allow a subversive group (out here in the west) to control our local.

UPS dominates the ranks of local 396 and we support those who are not DIVIDERS.

For G, he lost the election back at the convention, when he lost control of his wife and she attacked a local 396 officer unprovoked, was cited by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police department for Battery, and both she and G were EJECTED out of the Ballys Hotel.

Later, back in Los Angeles, a superior court judge issued a three year restraining order against Galvans wife and she is prohibited from UNION functions where the local officer is attending.

This kind of nonsense disqualified G from any type of leadership role within our local. If he cant control his own wife, how was he to control a local with close to 11000 members in it?

G should have never included or involved his wife in union politics as she is not a member. NO person running for office should include their wives into the political arena if they cant be controlled.

At the end of the day, TDU or no TDU, G was not a legitimate candidate.

Peace.
Considering those factors, no, G shouldn't be a candidate.

hypocrisy

Banned
I would try but it seems the subtlety of sarcasm is beyond your understanding and I don't feel like spending a lot of time explaining something that is obvious to most.

Try going back and reading it a few times - slowly and see if you can figure out whats going on.

As far as what that makes you - nothing. Same as before.

OH I love sarcasm. Sort of makes your signature line more clear:

"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent UPS's positions, strategies or opinions."
I engage by posting when and where I desire ... and when I find others not complying with the TOS, I do not post, but I do Moderate.

Seems like you have embraced the hypocrisy that is UPS management everywhere in your life.